Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@vvvarunv :

1) Congrats.

2) Now that you have one in the flesh, what do you think of the Mamba? Over the top? Just right for extroverts? Changes color well with ambient light changes? Over the top, but what the heck?
Thanks. I think the photos don’t do justice to the color. It’s really this deep rich green and not so bright green as in the pics

·
Registered
309 Posts
Thanks. I think the photos don’t do justice to the color. It’s really this deep rich green and not so bright green as in the pics
Can confirm that this is very true! Mamba really is one of those colours that looks stunning in person - no camera will ever do it justice. Congrats again, enjoy in great health! ?

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Beautiful! Had you seen a mamba green Macan in person before you ordered or did you roll the dice like some of us?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Beautiful! Had you seen a mamba green Macan in person before you ordered or did you roll the dice like some of us?
I did see one at the dealership. What are you getting? Porsche code?

some interior pics btw

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts

some interior pics btw
The Mamba is one thing, but you folks with the light seats -- you must have guts, or no grandchildren to sit in them, or ...

But okay, yep, very nice car. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts

some interior pics btw
I have seen your interior in person. It is gorgeous! I just hope you don’t have kids or pets! ?

I changed my car's color several times before settling on Carmine Red. At that point, I hadn’t see mamba green, red, or Miami blue in person. I saw a Miami blue Macan a couple weeks ago and it was breathtaking to me and, like mamba green, impossible for capture in a photo.

The Porsche Code

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have seen your interior in person. It is gorgeous! I just hope you don’t have kids or pets! ?

I changed my car's color several times before settling on Carmine Red. At that point, I hadn’t see mamba green, red, or Miami blue in person. I saw a Miami blue Macan a couple weeks ago and it was breathtaking to me and, like mamba green, impossible for capture in a photo.

The Porsche Code
Nice build. The only thing I regret about my build is not getting the 14 way seats. The 8 way has very little lumbar support but I am hoping my body will get used to it in a couple of weeks.

The GTS seems like a good value for money compared to S. It only came out after a few week after my order but no worries

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The Mamba is one thing, but you folks with the light seats -- you must have guts, or no grandchildren to sit in them, or ...

But okay, yep, very nice car. Enjoy!
No grandchildren yet. But I have a messy toddler son. Let’s see how the interior will hold up. Will enjoy till it last :)

·
Registered
309 Posts

The Porsche Code
I've gotta say though, your specification is absolutely stunning. Yes with the Carmine Red, it'll look incredible with the black wheels and highlights, and it's completely understandable that you'd go that way anyway (especially if you haven't seen Mamba Green in person). Admittedly, I was lucky enough to see the green prior to ordering, but it's certainly one of those tones that you'd wan't to sight before pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Really nice. Congrats!

I had a really light (almost white) beige interior on my last Mercedes. It wasn't that bad to keep clean if you kept up with it. Biggest problem is the blue from my jeans rubbing off on the seats but that cleans off too.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Really nice. Congrats!

I had a really light (almost white) beige interior on my last Mercedes. It wasn't that bad to keep clean if you kept up with it. Biggest problem is the blue from my jeans rubbing off on the seats but that cleans off too.
Thanks for the tip !!

·
Registered
2020 Porsche Macan GTS
265 Posts
Nice build. The only thing I regret about my build is not getting the 14 way seats. The 8 way has very little lumbar support but I am hoping my body will get used to it in a couple of weeks.

The GTS seems like a good value for money compared to S. It only came out after a few week after my order but no worries
Thanks. Yes, a Macan S can cost more than an identically equipped GTS. I chose the 14-ways over the 18-ways because some people felt the latter was less comfortable and 18 ways (2x9 controls) seems a tad excessive

1 - 20 of 27 Posts