Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I ordered my 2019 Macan S this week and I’m expecting delivery in early August. I’ve always wanted a Porsche and this will be my first one!

I was originally going to order a base model, but after reading numerous posts here on the forum and some other online reviews I went with the S - for the extra power, brakes and the sound.

Looking forward to learning more from the forum as this journey begins for me.

·
Premium Member
1,201 Posts
Hello! I ordered my 2019 Macan S this week and I’m expecting delivery in early August. I’ve always wanted a Porsche and this will be my first one!

I was originally going to order a base model, but after reading numerous posts here on the forum and some other online reviews I went with the S - for the extra power, brakes and the sound.

Looking forward to learning more from the forum as this journey begins for me.
Congrats. Options? Color?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s Carrara White Metallic, 21”sport classic wheels in high gloss black, premium package, PASM and the sport exhaust system. Also high gloss black on the door handles and the side blades.

I’ve tried to attach some of the photos from the online build as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
It’s Carrara White Metallic, 21”sport classic wheels in high gloss black, premium package, PASM and the sport exhaust system. Also high gloss black on the door handles and the side blades.

I’ve tried to attach some of the photos from the online build as well.
If you can share your build code we'll be able to see your exact build.
If you didn't get one from your order - you can configure a car exactly like you ordered it and generate it there.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Here is the build code:

PKMXQHB7
Very nice build!
Did you miss "Window Trim in High Gloss Black" or it was just not chosen? IMHO, it would complement your black handles nicely.
Bold move on PSE with Silver tips - they stand out! I went with black ones.
The leather package in Black for $1740 gets you very little - armrest, door handles and the dash strip, window sills won't be covered in leather.
IMHO, it's best to go with full leather or skip it.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Here is the build code:

PKMXQHB7
Very nice build!
Did you miss "Window Trim in High Gloss Black" or it was just not chosen? IMHO, it would complement your black handles nicely.
Bold move on PSE with Silver tips - they stand out! I went with black ones.
The leather package in Black for $1740 gets you very little - armrest, door handles and the dash strip, window sills won't be covered in leather.
IMHO, it's best to go with full leather or skip it.
Thank you! I didn’t think the window trim made much of a difference to the overall look, but I can only go by what the online build photo shows. I will try to find a photo with it included on an actual Macan in order to see the difference more clearly. Thanks for the hint.

I’m also a teenager of the 80’s, so silver exhaust tips are going to win every time for me. I did consider the black, but came back to the silver every time. Already have the polish ready and waiting in the garage to keep them clean too lol.

·
Premium Member
5,494 Posts
Get the gloss black window trim. It’s only $240 but much nicer and durable.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats.

The black handles wouldn't look good with silver window trim. So that's a good switch. Personally, I have black wheels, I did a black exhaust and black headlights. The upgraded exhaust is the same cost in silver or black.

Just me. But silver wheels=silver trim, black wheels=black trim, painted wheels=?

What's nice about Porsche, though, is the amount of customization possible.

And I would look at Alcantara carefully before I'd get it in another car. There are some you tube videos about it.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Great looking vehicle Lexi.

Gloss black window trim.

Chrome exhaust is ok as wheel rims are silver.

Comfort lighting ? Adds brighter lights inside and a light below your doors when they are open.

Sport Chrono to make the sports exhaust really sing ? Not needed if you are not going to spend much time in sport plus.

Aftermarket calipers painted red ?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Congratulations on your build. You are creating a beautiful car for you! I know the wait is going to be the worst thing ever, but once the car arrives you are going to love it. Like others have said, the beauty of Porsche is that you can create a car that you want and will love. This group is fantastic and will offer great advice and I wish I knew to post my build before it closed when I created my GTS a little over a year ago. I would have added a few things.

And I would look at Alcantara carefully before I'd get it in another car. There are some you tube videos about it.
Have you sat in both the leather and Alcantara seats? I ordered the GTS interior trim with the Alcantara seats only because my friend who is a car nut told me to order the seats in Alcantara. Not knowing better I did, based upon his recommendation. I even ordered the heated Alcantara steering wheel for the full effect. Then I read posts about Alcantara, saw some YouTube videos and started to freak out thinking that I made a HUGE mistake. Of course when I was freaking out, it was after my order locked and I couldn’t change a thing if I wanted to. Well when I picked the car up, the seats were beautiful and even after a year later they are still looking great. I have full leather with cooled seats in my S5, and the Alcantara seats are just as cool as them, even I think cooler in the heat of the summer.

Search Alcantara here in this group and you will find tons of posts about it.

So if you are questioning if these are the best seats for you, go to your dealer, try out the seats like you are trying on shoes. See which one you like the best. Its like going and trying out the 3 different kinds of seats, 8 way, 14 way or 18 way seats.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Great looking vehicle Lexi.

Gloss black window trim.

Chrome exhaust is ok as wheel rims are silver.

Comfort lighting ? Adds brighter lights inside and a light below your doors when they are open.

Sport Chrono to make the sports exhaust really sing ? Not needed if you are not going to spend much time in sport plus.

Aftermarket calipers painted red ?
Thank you! Definitely will be looking at some red calipers after delivery.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Congratulations on your build. You are creating a beautiful car for you! I know the wait is going to be the worst thing ever, but once the car arrives you are going to love it. Like others have said, the beauty of Porsche is that you can create a car that you want and will love. This group is fantastic and will offer great advice and I wish I knew to post my build before it closed when I created my GTS a little over a year ago. I would have added a few things.

Have you sat in both the leather and Alcantara seats? I ordered the GTS interior trim with the Alcantara seats only because my friend who is a car nut told me to order the seats in Alcantara. Not knowing better I did, based upon his recommendation. I even ordered the heated Alcantara steering wheel for the full effect. Then I read posts about Alcantara, saw some YouTube videos and started to freak out thinking that I made a HUGE mistake. Of course when I was freaking out, it was after my order locked and I couldn’t change a thing if I wanted to. Well when I picked the car up, the seats were beautiful and even after a year later they are still looking great. I have full leather with cooled seats in my S5, and the Alcantara seats are just as cool as them, even I think cooler in the heat of the summer.

Search Alcantara here in this group and you will find tons of posts about it.

So if you are questioning if these are the best seats for you, go to your dealer, try out the seats like you are trying on shoes. See which one you like the best. Its like going and trying out the 3 different kinds of seats, 8 way, 14 way or 18 way seats.
Thank you! I tested them all and I liked the 14 way seats best (coming from a Volvo) so that’s what is on the build.

As for the Alcantara, it’s my understanding that with the partial leather package that the seating surface is leather. Is that correct, or is it a combination seating surface of Alcantara inserts and leather bolsters ?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
19 Participants
Lexi731
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing