Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

Been lurking in the forums for a while now and finally pulled the trigger on a GTS 2 months ago.

Been an Audi guy for years (with a short-lived X5 ownership as well) having come from an S4 and S6 and almost went for an SQ5 but I just love the looks of the Macan and had to give it a try!

Loved my S4 and S6 but due to some issues (mostly to do with crappy NYC streets) I had to let them go, I do miss the V8 twin turbo power of the S6 but the GTS is more practical and more of an exciting drive!

Done some small simple mods so far, replaced the grab handle for a sunglasses holder, installed mud flaps and my Stealth Hitch has been ordered and on the way.

Anywho, here's some pics!

And the S4, X5 and S6 (and yes, I like gray cars!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Interesting background in both your photos of the GTS. Looks like an abandoned condo/townhome building and a factory. Are you a photographer?

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
Nice choice and congrats !! I was struck by the warehouse photo . I cant believe that building is still there . I used to drive past it on the way to NYU when I lived in New York 40 years ago. I am scratching my head if its off the BQE or Gownanus. It's. great backdrop for your car photo. Again congrats !!

·
Registered
2018 GTS Volcano Grey Metallic
31 Posts
Welcome! Including myself, there's 3 grey Macans in my neighborhood in NYC - I wonder if I've seen you around haha :LOL:

Just got my GTS in October myself - let me know if you find any good spots around for routine maintenance in the future.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! Excellent choice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Interesting background in both your photos of the GTS. Looks like an abandoned condo/townhome building and a factory. Are you a photographer?
My gf had a DSLR she never used, so I took the liberty of taking it from her to play with lol

Nice choice and congrats !! I was struck by the warehouse photo . I cant believe that building is still there . I used to drive past it on the way to NYU when I lived in New York 40 years ago. I am scratching my head if its off the BQE or Gownanus. It's. great backdrop for your car photo. Again congrats !!
Thanks! The building is actually one of the abandoned aircraft hangers at Floyd Bennet Field, I think I know which buildings you're thinking of in the 30s streets in Sunset Park

Welcome! Including myself, there's 3 grey Macans in my neighborhood in NYC - I wonder if I've seen you around haha :LOL:

Just got my GTS in October myself - let me know if you find any good spots around for routine maintenance in the future.
Nice! I'm usually driving around Bensonhurst and Dyker, there's also a modified Macan S and a Turbo within a couple of blocks of me too lol. Most likely I'll take it to a friend's shop in Sunset Park, but I have my PDK service soon so I'll probably take it back to Porsche of South Shore for that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Curious, what made the X5 ownership short-lived?
Was something I always wanted and I wanted something sensible and practical while being fun but after coming from an S4 and driving the X5 I realized the handling and power was nowhere near what I would've liked. Even with an ECU tune, lowering springs and sports exhaust, it didn't excite me. Don't get me wrong though the X5 was a very nice vehicle, it just wasn't for me, maybe if it was an 50i or an X5M then it may have been a different story.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Welcome to the group. Great pictures as well. What options on your GTS? Hopefully sport exhaust. As it always puts a smile on my face.

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
Thanks! The building is actually one of the abandoned aircraft hangers at Floyd Bennet Field, I think I know which buildings you're thinking of in the 30s streets in Sunset Park

Oh wow . I confused it . I grew up in Rockaway . That was the building after crossing the Marine Parkway Bridge . When I was a child it was not open to the public to park a car and photo . I even remember Fort Tilden in Rockaway .
You brought me back in time 55 years ago. I cant believe its still there .

·
Registered
2018 GTS Volcano Grey Metallic
31 Posts
Thank you!

My gf had a DSLR she never used, so I took the liberty of taking it from her to play with lol

Nice! I'm usually driving around Bensonhurst and Dyker, there's also a modified Macan S and a Turbo within a couple of blocks of me too lol. Most likely I'll take it to a friend's shop in Sunset Park, but I have my PDK service soon so I'll probably take it back to Porsche of South Shore for that.
I'm going to try and head over to Formula Motorsports in Queens (Porsche indie shop) for an oil change this week and to ask them about a PDK flush + filter, possibly brake fluid. Will report back on how it goes.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Nice pics! Congrats and welcome. Enjoy the engine and exhaust note of the ‘17 GTS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome to the group. Great pictures as well. What options on your GTS? Hopefully sport exhaust. As it always puts a smile on my face.
Thanks! Just the standard GTS stuff plus the premium package, carbon fiber interior trim, 14 way memory seats, loving the exhaust and the noises it make during aggressive gear changes!

Oh wow . I confused it . I grew up in Rockaway . That was the building after crossing the Marine Parkway Bridge . When I was a child it was not open to the public to park a car and photo . I even remember Fort Tilden in Rockaway .
You brought me back in time 55 years ago. I cant believe its still there .
Just Googled Fort Tilden, didn't know such a place existed, will have to check it out at some point!

I'm going to try and head over to Formula Motorsports in Queens (Porsche indie shop) for an oil change this week and to ask them about a PDK flush + filter, possibly brake fluid. Will report back on how it goes.
Heard some good things about them, thought they only like doing the fancier stuff lol,

Nice pics! Congrats and welcome. Enjoy the engine and exhaust note of the ‘17 GTS
Thank you!

·
Registered
11,057 Posts
Just Googled Fort Tilden, didn't know such a place existed, will have to check it out at some point!
You have the ideal car to see it. In fact if things are the same there is a road leading to Breezy Point that is a straight standing mile .

1 - 14 of 14 Posts