Porsche Macan Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
The area you are in is very important as far as what kind of discount you get. I have purchased 3 Macan S vehicles in past 3 years (2018 for wife, then I got a 2020 for me, and then traded in wife's 2018 for another 2020). I got 6% on each, from same dealer, without pushing too hard. I did shop around enough to know that my discount was fair. I am on Long Island where there are approx 4-5 Porsche dealers. Competition is important. I figured I could have gotten more like 8-10% discount if I wanted to search around the country, but that was not for me.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I should also mention that all 3 were vehicles that I built and all 3 were purchased early in the new model season. Obviously, if you buy off the lot or at the end of the season, your discount could be greater.

·
Registered
4,152 Posts
The configurator customization is amazing, just need to wrap it up.... Thank you appreciate your opinion!!
Watch out!! The more you play with configurator the closer friend it will be with your wallet and when you sudden realize the configurator has taken ownership of your wallet. 🤣

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey all,

I made an offer of 11% off (40k) below asking (45k) and the dealer sales rep told me that I would need to make a more "fair" offer in order to run the offer by the sales manager for approval. They then quoted me a final price $1000 above asking price due to "fees" since I am trying to purchase out of state.

What should I do here? I'm going to make an offer for about 6% off asking (42k). I wonder if calling the sales manager would have better results if they stand to make less commission, leaving more room for negotiation? Should I walk if they don't counter this next offer?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS PNKQT2R5
15 Posts
Hey all,

I made an offer of 11% off (40k) below asking (45k) and the dealer sales rep told me that I would need to make a more "fair" offer in order to run the offer by the sales manager for approval. They then quoted me a final price $1000 above asking price due to "fees" since I am trying to purchase out of state.

What should I do here? I'm going to make an offer for about 6% off asking (42k). I wonder if calling the sales manager would have better results if they stand to make less commission, leaving more room for negotiation? Should I walk if they don't counter this next offer?

Thanks in advance
From at least my knowledge, and area does matter, even used car market is still over sticker since inventory is difficult to get right now, I recently ordered a 2022 Macan GTS and I needed to pay 5k over for "market adjustment", out of state my dealer charged 15k. To my knowledge it's the same for any used car, especially if your out of state, but the "market adjustment" just won't be as high perhaps? I would shoot your shot, and the worst you can get is a no, I think if you pay anything below sticker is a win. Hope everything goes your way, and try to find any leverage you can get during negotiation!

·
Registered
12,838 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks in advance
Its not going to happen . They already let you walk . If I were in. Porsche sales I would let you walk and am actually on your side if you like the car. They have guys walking in and paying 100K over MSRP for a used 911 Turbo S . Its even worse out of state. I am being straight up honest with you . A guy calling up from out of state haggling over a 45K used car is not going to be taken seriously . Thats why they threw this "fees" at you . they know you won't call back and meet them at the new price they gave you .

Start over . If you REALLY want a car you need to realize its a sellers market . The good old days of 9 percent off on a new car are long gone . They have limited cars and anything flying off the shelf is top dollar .

·
Registered
685 Posts
Hey all,

Thanks in advance
LOL that's funny and moronic at the same time. I won't ask which dealer this is, but that's BS - four square nonsense. I've bought maybe a half dozen cars out of state and there is no such fee.

Dealers are not going to do much on any Porsche. They don't have many. For whatever reason though, people are paying stupid amounts for any P car except older Cayenne's.

I traded my Macan in and got about $1,000 less that what I paid for it 2 years ago. It needed tires. It needed an AOS replaced. They turned around and listed it for around 6k more that what I paid for it originally. I had to go back through my old email and look at the original deal on it because I didn't believe it when I saw it. Then it was gone in about a week.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here's what you can expect to pay on a new vehicle: MSRP. On some lower production models (GTS) you may be asked for an ADM (additional dealer markup). On a used vehicle the price can be higher than its original MSRP or even a new vehicle of the same model as you can get immediate delivery. Like it or not, it's a seller's market right now.

·
Registered
186 Posts
From at least my knowledge, and area does matter, even used car market is still over sticker since inventory is difficult to get right now, I recently ordered a 2022 Macan GTS and I needed to pay 5k over for "market adjustment", out of state my dealer charged 15k. To my knowledge it's the same for any used car, especially if your out of state, but the "market adjustment" just won't be as high perhaps? I would shoot your shot, and the worst you can get is a no, I think if you pay anything below sticker is a win. Hope everything goes your way, and try to find any leverage you can get during negotiation!
We’re you eventually able to talk them down to MSRP or still had to pay $5K over? Also do you mind sharing which region you’re in?

Its not going to happen . They already let you walk . If I were in. Porsche sales I would let you walk and am actually on your side if you like the car. They have guys walking in and paying 100K over MSRP for a used 911 Turbo S . Its even worse out of state. I am being straight up honest with you . A guy calling up from out of state haggling over a 45K used car is not going to be taken seriously . Thats why they threw this "fees" at you . they know you won't call back and meet them at the new price they gave you .

Start over . If you REALLY want a car you need to realize its a sellers market . The good old days of 9 percent off on a new car are long gone . They have limited cars and anything flying off the shelf is top dollar .
+1 on all counts. I also have to rewire my brain and realize what previously was easy to get 5-10% off is no longer the case. If you want a car within the next two years, it is easily MSRP best case scenario. Tbh I am avoiding used cars like the plague due yo inflated pricing. At least with new cars you know what the factory value is and can hold firm at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS PNKQT2R5
15 Posts
We’re you eventually able to talk them down to MSRP or still had to pay $5K over? Also do you mind sharing which region you’re in?
It wasn't even an option for my dealer, I tried and was shot down instantly, I just respected it. In their defense not only are they charging a "reasonable" amount compared to Mercedes AMG which is 30k over sticker, the GTS allocation is now 10k, for my specific dealer, so I guess I given a favor in a way...? I'm in the East Coast, hope this helps!

·
Registered
12,838 Posts

+1 on all counts. I also have to rewire my brain and realize what previously was easy to get 5-10% off is no longer the case. If you want a car within the next two years, it is easily MSRP best case scenario. Tbh I am avoiding used cars like the plague due yo inflated pricing. At least with new cars you know what the factory value is and can hold firm at that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
My dealership only sells cars at MSRP. They simply won’t sell you a car if you were from out of state because he can barely meet the demands of the local buyers who bought repeated purchases.

Friends that are paying over MSRP I’m more commonly found in places like California where there have been multiple people not just on this forum Boulevard was my close friend who is there as well. They are not the only state doing this in the only region.

There are even Florida dealerships that are charging over . Go look at a 2020 in 2021 911 and they are all asking a premium for used car. Those same Florida dealerships are charging over for a new one.

Keep in mind that you’re getting a MSRP for a GTS. Also keep in mind that it’s a Macan and not a 911 of Gt car . It was practically unheard of years ago. In fact there was a time many members on this floor including myself range between six and 9% off on an ordered car and his highest 10% off auto lot car . I remember a time when my dealership had a 130 Macan’s inventory.

We are very different times.

·
Registered
186 Posts
@nrb / @yrralis1 thank you both for your insights!

It is a crazy market, I do remember even GTS' with discounts in the past. As recently as this time last year when 5% was the common discount.

·
Registered
12,838 Posts

It is a crazy market, I do remember even GTS' with discounts in the past. As recently as this time last year when 5% was the common discount.
Do you have a slot with a confirmation number? That’s the magic question. If all they did was take a deposit in sign a contract at MSRP is not the same as an actual slot.

It’s not just the purchasing market that’s crazy. There are people who’ve had their cars delayed and there are people who are waiting for a slot as long as eight months on certain cars.

It doesn’t end till you actually have a car in your possession driving off the lot. Keep that in mind as you go through this hair-raising process in the new normal.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Do you have a slot with a confirmation number? That’s the magic question. If all they did was take a deposit in sign a contract at MSRP is not the same as an actual slot.

It’s not just the purchasing market that’s crazy. There are people who’ve had their cars delayed and there are people who are waiting for a slot as long as eight months on certain cars.

It doesn’t end till you actually have a car in your possession driving off the lot. Keep that in mind as you go through this hair-raising process in the new normal.
Appreciate the tips! I am actually very familiar with the process. I posted in another thread that I recently took delivery of a '21 GTS that I ordered back in May for a immediate family member (got a small discount). I was so enthralled with the Macan GTS that I am looking to get one as my daily driver. I have a good relationship with the dealer so MSRP is not an issue. Was just debating if I should bring up any "discounts" this time around. But based on what I have gathered, it might be a moot point with high crazy demand has been.

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS PNKQT2R5
15 Posts

Glad I could help! Even if its super miniscule haha, good luck with the whole process! Happy to see that your dealer treats you well, once I take delivery of my GTS it'll be my first Porsche. Personally, always been an AMG guy, but needed one after driving a friends '20 Macan GTS.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Seller's Market. I would walk rather than pay MSRP, but then name an alternative. Pay to play or wait and possibly watch Porsche increase their prices....Pronto

·
Registered
19 Posts
addendum.... SERVICE is key to me. Each dealership has its own personality. I check out the #of service bays/mechanics, speak with the service reps and speak w/macan owners as to service location preference in the local market before sale negotiation. If "best price" is for you then shop the dealers and take delivery PEC.
Personally I will not buy a car before I check out the dealership's service. ie: 1 dealer in my area has empty service bays, can not keep or find mechanics... Pronto

·
Registered
13 Posts
Seller's Market. I would walk rather than pay MSRP, but then name an alternative. Pay to play or wait and possibly watch Porsche increase their prices....Pronto
What are the odds they increase prices when they’ve already announced 2022 MSRPs? IMHO 2022 Macan S pricing this year can’t get worse than full MSRP. My personal biggest concern is that the equity in my current vehicle may disappear by the end of the year if I decide to wait for better Macan S pricing. I have about 12K equity in my BMW lease that I’m trying to unlock, but I really don’t want to pay full MSRP. I may try to wait till June and see if I can get a 2022 Macan S loaner with 10% discount.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Dealer quoted me $62k on my 20 S towards a 22 S...and he have me 2% off on the 22 special order....last june/july. I picked up the car a week ago and the dealer was happy to take my car for $62K and honored the deal, even though it was subject to change depending on the value of my 20 when the 22 arrived. I'm not sure that $1500 (roughly 2% is worth fretting about....the 22 S is worth whatever they ask :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Dealer quoted me $62k on my 20 S towards a 22 S...and he have me 2% off on the 22 special order....last june/july. I picked up the car a week ago and the dealer was happy to take my car for $62K and honored the deal, even though it was subject to change depending on the value of my 20 when the 22 arrived. I'm not sure that $1500 (roughly 2% is worth fretting about....the 22 S is worth whatever they ask :)
Which dealership did you order from? I contacted two dealerships today- Gaudin Porsche in Vegas wanted 10K over MSRP and Rusnak Pasadena wanted 4K over MSRP.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts