Porsche Macan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
recent socal pricing

HI everyone - thinking about moving forward with a 2017 S. What are you guys seeing in Socal recently as far as discounts and does it seem to make a difference whether it is an order or a car already in dealer stock?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am looking for a used Macan S, so it's going to be a lot more difficult because prices can vary because of equipment and mileage. I will probably have to travel a great distance to get the car and have a PPI.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts
Yes there are discounts. Search @yarralis1 posts regarding the Florida Porsche dealers in particular Pompano Porsche.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
78 Posts
Ordered our Macan S last week, fairly straightforward process. We were actually a bit surprised at the minimal paperwork documenting the discount verbally offered by the dealership. Total is just over $67k and they gave 4% off in exchange for financing with them at 2.9%, which we agreed to carry for only a few months to get the deal. Gave them $2k to place the order, and got an estimated delivery date of Dec 9th.

Build includes: Jet black Macan S, black leather seats heated front only, gloss black painted front trim, black window trim, LED headlights, 20" sport design wheels, Sport Chrono, air suspension with PASM, and Atlanta PEC delivery.

Several dealers mentioned this was not a vehicle they would order to put on the lot, but knew they could find a buyer interested in the performance options if we decided not to buy.

Reactions: L_K

·
Registered
1 Posts
What discount are folks seeing on the 2016 Macan S?

The Collection in Miami is promoting a 2017 Macan S lease of $589 per month, 10,000 miles/year, $7,600 cash down. Does not seem great but not terrible either.

·
Premium Member
147 Posts
I am going to purchase a S in September here in Florida. Any word on discounts here?
Sure. I just ordered a 2017 GTS, and prior to that had been negotiating an S. In both cases, discounts I saw (as a first time Porsche buyer) were 4-5%, no dealership was willing to give up their dealer fee (between 6-800), and I was able to negotiate a decent guaranteed trade-in price for my 12 year old Impreza, with only photos, that was within spitting distance of the KBB "fair" price; all were willing to throw in some form of window tint for the front side windows for "free".

I got reasonable offers at Suncoast Porsche in Sarasota, Porsche of Ocala, and @brmacans was kind enough to point me to Porsche of Melbourne, which is ultimately where I felt the most comfortable making my purchase; if you want details on the previous to, just drop me a message and I'll pass them on, just not sure which geographic region you are limiting yourself to, if any. All were willing to deliver if I so chose. I am not sure where you are shopping; it seems like in Miami proper there's a huge variety of options if that's within your choices, but others would be better suited to answering that. I am pretty sure, though, that an enterprising person emailing aggressively could do better than I did by hitting up more dealerships, but I was just impressed when the Melbourne salesperson gave me a very good offer right off the bat with no BS.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Anyone in the business will usually tell you the best time to buy is at the end of any month, if any incentives are on the table and a sale or two will get the dealership to a bonus or another "ANYTHING" they will likely make a deal to get to that bonus level based on unit sales etc.

I have friends in the business and there is lots and lots of ways they make their money, so when they cry they can't do something its a bold faced lie.

I always try to find what I want and if I cannot order it, but ordering should offer a better discount as its a done deal, sold unit, but Porsche seems to like gouge you are every opportunity they can.

Its a great SUV, much better than any I have driven, but there is definitely a different culture with respect to getting any kind of discounts from them on lot cars or special orders.

Good Luck !!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone on here have info or experiences from the NW United States? I'm located in Spokane, WA, with one "local" dealer, but would have no problem travelling (Seattle, Portland, Bend...). What have folks been seeing in this neck of the woods?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anyone on here have info or experiences from the NW United States? I'm located in Spokane, WA, with one "local" dealer, but would have no problem travelling (Seattle, Portland, Bend...). What have folks been seeing in this neck of the woods?
I contacted both Porsche of Bellinham and Bellevue. The best they could do was 4.5%. I ended up buying out of state.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19 Posts
Haunted by a Macan S aft/test drive. Switching from an E53/X5. IMO new X5 handling not the same as past E53/X5. Macan S or Base handling vastly superior to X5/X3. I live at the beach so a Base maybe more practical given the salt air effects on vehicles, but the extra 100hp, tire/wheel and brake upgrade is capturing me. Build: dolomite/agate, pp, 18-way, black window trim, heated steering wheel, heated windshield, carbon fiber interior trim, all weather floor mats. What is a target discount for the $70,865. Build. [69,965.+1,350.delivery]. Negotiated past 4 BMW(s) @10% discount. Appreciate insight on target discount/price. Absolutely love the Macan's handling and fit and finish!

·
Registered
2,594 Posts
Haunted by a Macan S aft/test drive. Switching from an E53/X5. IMO new X5 handling not the same as past E53/X5. Macan S or Base handling vastly superior to X5/X3. I live at the beach so a Base maybe more practical given the salt air effects on vehicles, but the extra 100hp, tire/wheel and brake upgrade is capturing me. Build: dolomite/agate, pp, 18-way, black window trim, heated steering wheel, heated windshield, carbon fiber interior trim, all weather floor mats. What is a target discount for the $70,865. Build. [69,965.+1,350.delivery]. Negotiated past 4 BMW(s) @10% discount. Appreciate insight on target discount/price. Absolutely love the Macan's handling and fit and finish!
Welcome to the forum.

I think your best bet, to get a feel for discounts, is to read through the thread List your discount! -- that's what the thread is there for. Well, it's probably too long to read in its entirety, so you might want to start at the end, and work your way backwards, until you have educated yourself to the point that you have a good feel for discount prices (in assorted builds and trim levels, at assorted dealerships).

Note that if a max discount is a high priority, you may have to shop around the country, and be willing to have the car shipped to you, or take delivery at one of the PECs, that sort of thing.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Agree that the List your discount chat will be helpful but, in a nutshell, I think that 5-8% is a reasonable 'get' on an S at this stage in the MY.

Variable will be where you are located, how far you are willing to go from home, etc.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts