Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
I didn't get a brass razoo off in California either . What's a brass razoo ? ;)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
A brass razoo is an aussie term for a coin that doesn't have a value or even exist.
Kinda like I don't have a brass razoo on me, meaning I don't have a cent on me.
Yep. Aussie slang is a bit difficult to understand outside Oz.:D

Reactions: WHT TGR

·
Registered
49 Posts
Could you share the names of the dealers with me as well?
Downtown LA offered 6%, McKenna in Downey and San Diego offered 5%. Circle Porsche in Long Beach would only do $1500. These discounts were all for a GTS. One of these dealers, I can't remember which one, offered 7% for an S order.

I explained to the dealers that I have a build ready to go. I told them I read these forums and others are getting discounts. If they can offer a discount it is an easy sale! Otherwise I go elsewhere. I'm assuming some profit is better than none, right? I ended up going with McKenna because the SA there took a lot of time showing me the cars and options. I felt he earned my business.

I didn't haggle or even work that hard and negotiating a discount. I know there are better deals out there than I got. I am happy with my deal and grateful to those here who shared discounts and dealers! Love this forum!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Yes. I see people get good discount because they spent time. Did you just tell your acceptable % and wait them to call you back?
I emailed all of the dealers in the So-Cal area in a few week period of time. Once I was ready to order the car, I contacted the 3-4 that were close to my number and told them I wanted to come in that day to place the order if the number was right. Eventually one dealer gave me the number I wanted.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Hey @julieindvik, congrats, I think you handled it just right. You did your due diligence, decided what an acceptable price was to you, and went w/ a dealer that you felt earned your business. You can drive yourself crazy trying to get the last dime, when inevitably, you'll hear of someone else who got two dimes, and your still dissatisfied. Enjoy your Macan when it arrives.:)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Just bought my 2017 S last week. I got 7% off without much of a hassle. Should have shoot for 10%. Live and learn. As for 2016 leftovers, I suggest that you don't buy it because the moment you drive it off the lot, you have lost one year depreciation, which is normally close to 20% for the first year. There is just no way that the dealer will give you an additional 20% off. So stay off the 2016!

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Just bought my 2017 S last week. I got 7% off without much of a hassle. Should have shoot for 10%. Live and learn. As for 2016 leftovers, I suggest that you don't buy it because the moment you drive it off the lot, you have lost one year depreciation, which is normally close to 20% for the first year. There is just no way that the dealer will give you an additional 20% off. So stay off the 2016!
Where did you get the 20% from? Kelly Blue Book, Edmunds, NADA and prices being asked for used ones by dealer and private sellers don't bear that out at all.

7% off seems to be a good deal (that's what I got on my special order '17 Turbo), but it's highly unlikely you are going to get 10% off on a brand new 2017 of any trim at this time.

With 2016 leftovers most dealers seem to be at about 10-12% off right now when pushed hard...seems to depend on how long they have been sitting on the car. I made 15% off offers on two different ones but offers were rejected, and eventually I decided I was better off paying 7% off for exactly what I want versus 10-12% off for a leftover...the difference was not large enough.

Reactions: julieindvik

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
As for 2016 leftovers, I suggest that you don't buy it because the moment you drive it off the lot, you have lost one year depreciation, which is normally close to 20% for the first year. There is just no way that the dealer will give you an additional 20% off. So stay off the 2016!
I gave this more thought and I would like to purchase 2 dozen of the cars you are referring to immediately.

If you take your typical 2016 leftover Macan S with a $65K MSRP that most dealers will sell to you this afternoon for 10% off ($58,500) conservatively, you are claiming that "the moment you drive it off the lot it has lost an additional 20% of it's value" and is now worth $46,800, or 72% of MSRP.

Could you please point me toward two dozen 2016 leftovers with a few hundred miles on them where I can buy them for 72% of MSRP. I'm going to make a substantial profit flipping them...woo-hoo!

Reactions: Skinsfan

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
In today's market 6% off a Macan S is very reasonable and doable. When I ordered my Turbo I only needed to provide a $1,000.00 deposit. Also, why pay cash with rates so low? Money is cheap, keep yours in the bank and invest as I am pretty sure you can outpace 1-2 % loan APR's. Heck, I almost ordered one of the last naturally aspirated Cayman GTS cars last week and was getting 8% off that build.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Reactions: L_K and WHT TGR

·
Registered
51 Posts
Got mine 10% off on a 2016

·
Registered
24 Posts
I put a $5000 down when I ordered it with my SA, and he offered me a 7% off the price. (I didn't even ask)

I am located in NY/NJ area

edit: My order was for a 2017 GTS.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just placed my order for the 4 cylinder model which will be delivered September 2.... Can't wait! Details below.

Options
Black/luxor Beige interior
Sport tailpipes back
Panoramic roof
Roof rails
Window trim black and smoking package

Total MSPR was $52,035 negotiated price $48,035 money factor of .002 and residual 61% for 10,000 miles 36 month lease. I put down 4k and the tax here in southern cali is pretty high at 9% so added all up the monthly payment is $614. I feel like I did pretty well.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hello - new to the Forum and looking to order a GTS soon. Told my dealer I'd pull the trigger if he could get my MF down to .002. Was told that "he couldn't make promises on things he cannot control. The MF is set by Porsche Financial Services and whatever the MF is at the time of delivery and upon approval of credit, that is what will be charged."

It seems like you should be able to lock in a MF before you order, right?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Hello - new to the Forum and looking to order a GTS soon. Told my dealer I'd pull the trigger if he could get my MF down to .002. Was told that "he couldn't make promises on things he cannot control. The MF is set by Porsche Financial Services and whatever the MF is at the time of delivery and upon approval of credit, that is what will be charged."

It seems like you should be able to lock in a MF before you order, right?

Thanks in advance.
It was explained to me that you lock the MRM and residual at the time of order. I didn't get explicit confirmation on the money factor. One variable that is completely out of the dealer's control is your credit score. Another would be the financial markets. If I were you I would just get the dealer to agree to give you the best MF available for your credit score at the time of delivery. I have heard of dealers marking up the MF, so you do want/need that clarification.

·
Registered
59 Posts
It was explained to me that you lock the MRM and residual at the time of order. I didn't get explicit confirmation on the money factor. One variable that is completely out of the dealer's control is your credit score. Another would be the financial markets. If I were you I would just get the dealer to agree to give you the best MF available for your credit score at the time of delivery. I have heard of dealers marking up the MF, so you do want/need that clarification.
Thanks - that makes sense. He's refusing to put anything in writing regarding MF, regardless of what it may be at the time. Even a "No more than .0002 over the buy rate at the time of delivery, pending top tier credit" type of deal. He's annoyed I even asked. Good thing there are over 20 Porsche dealers in the NorCal / SoCal area for me to work with. Although I don't think he really cares either way.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Thanks - that makes sense. He's refusing to put anything in writing regarding MF, regardless of what it may be at the time. Even a "No more than .0002 over the buy rate at the time of delivery, pending top tier credit" type of deal. He's annoyed I even asked. Good thing there are over 20 Porsche dealers in the NorCal / SoCal area for me to work with. Although I don't think he really cares either way.

That's annoying. He should completely understand why you're asking and give you some level of comfort or assurance. Move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Shopping around and getting ready to place an order for a performance-oriented build of a Macan S. With msrp around $67k, dealers are offering 2-4% off. At 4% it works for us if customer service is good.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts