Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I've read the ordering process thread. But I'm not sure what would be the best time to settle down the purchase price. I assume we should agree on the price before putting down the deposit? Also, any effective negotiating strategy? My goal would be 6% off on a 2017 S. If I plan to pay cash, is that gonna be a chip in the negotiation (or probably not for Porsche)? Any thought would be helpful. Thanks!

·
Registered
12,929 Posts
Hey all,

I've read the ordering process thread. But I'm not sure what would be the best time to settle down the purchase price. I assume we should agree on the price before putting down the deposit? Also, any effective negotiating strategy? My goal would be 6% off on a 2017 S. If I plan to pay cash, is that gonna be a chip in the negotiation (or probably not for Porsche)? Any thought would be helpful. Thanks!
$2500 deposit with a discount written on the contract . If trading in a car the only way to lock the trade in is to hand in the car on that same day .

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
If I plan to pay cash, is that gonna be a chip in the negotiation (or probably not for Porsche)?
Dealers WANT to do financing for you as they make a commission on it. On the other hand a cash sale assumedly means that the deal can't go south if the buyer can't get financing.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
6% may be optimistic
Seems to be achievable here in NJ as multiple dealers are initially quoting 5% off. I ordered a Turbo last week at 7% off. But I think I was just lucky as I found a dealer that had an unspoken for June build. Plus my MSRP is $97k, so even at 7% the dealer is making a healthy amount of total margin dollars.

Reactions: L_K

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
For what it's worth, I received 6.5% off my 2017 Macan S order from a Los Angeles area dealer. The MSRP on my car was a little over $67k.
Thanks. This is very close to my build. Did you ask higher discount and let them counteroffer?

It looks like dealers in large metros tend to give more discount, probably due to competition? I'll find out by this weekend!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks. This is very close to my build. Did you ask higher discount and let them counteroffer?

It looks like dealers in large metros tend to give more discount, probably due to competition? I'll find out by this weekend!
I asked for 7% at the start. A couple of dealers offered 6%. I then asked my preferred dealer to beat 6%. They then offered 6.5%. From start to finish, it probably took me a month to get that deal, though. I wasn't in a rush, so I was willing to wait them out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had two dealers in California offer 5% and one offer 6% on a GTS. At first one dealer said the GTS was too new so no discount was available. So I said OK, make it an S. Turns out it didn't really matter what I was ordering. I got those discounts without much effort. Maybe could have done better if I worked harder. I ended up going with the 5% because that SA showed me the options a couple of times and really made an effort.

It was LAKingsHockey and other generous forum members who shared the deals they negotiated that gave me the ammunition to get a good deal. They saved me thousands!

Love this forum!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I asked for 7% at the start. A couple of dealers offered 6%. I then asked my preferred dealer to beat 6%. They then offered 6.5%. From start to finish, it probably took me a month to get that deal, though. I wasn't in a rush, so I was willing to wait them out.
Yes. I see people get good discount because they spent time. Did you just tell your acceptable % and wait them to call you back?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I didn't get a brass razoo off here in Melbourne! New model no discount.

Reactions: Louie Zoi
1 - 20 of 80 Posts