Porsche Macan Forum banner

How would you handle a manually adjusted steering column?

• Yes, I would cancel the order

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel with no issues. Can live with manual steering column adjustments.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel, but don't like that the feature is missing

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Maybe. Depends on other factors.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
41 - 60 of 2092 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
my delivery has just been pushed to the week of June 25th - originally was supposed to be end of may...
If you're on the west coast, our cars may be on the same vessel.

I have a 2021 GTS w/ 18-ways en route currently set to dock at the port on 5/8. Dealership is telling me we are looking at a mid-June delivery date due to the chip shortage. I'm wondering what actually needs to be done at the port, did they ship the car without seats?

·
Registered
'21 Macan GTS volcanic grey over black
98 Posts
I'm in houston - actually hadn't thought about which port it'll come through - had just assumed Port of Houston. My understanding is chips are being prioritized for customer specked cars. Highly doubt it'll ship without seats.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
50 Posts
FWIW my ship (Glovis Supreme) is now in port (Benicia). Two days ahead of schedule. My issue is TPMS, not seats (or so I've been told). Still no word on the three week delay mentioned by my sales guy, which the PEC guy didn't know anything about. Both have said PEC delivery cars have priority, whatever that means.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I originally ordered a sapphire blue macan s. Then Porsche said blue no longer available. So I told the dealer to change to carrera white. I always liked the car in white. Later that night I told my wife I changed to white. She said why didn’t you get the green. I said I thought you wouldn’t like it. She replied that she really liked it. So call the dealer back and say change to green. He replied ok but that white car was locked for production the day before. So he had to find another allocation that he could change to green. He found one and said delivery would be about three weeks later. Late June. Ok go for it.
Now the chip shortage is holding up the production and delivery is delayed til October. But the dealer still had the white car on order so I switched back to the white car for delivery end of May early June. I don’t think I could take another four months of waiting.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I'm in houston - actually hadn't thought about which port it'll come through - had just assumed Port of Houston. My understanding is chips are being prioritized for customer specked cars. Highly doubt it'll ship without seats.
You are correct, Port of Houston. Be sure to track your vehicle as it was fascinating seeing how the ships lined up in the Gulf of Mexico as they were going into the entrance to the port.

·
Registered
21 GTS, Carrara White, GTS Interior Package, SC, PTV
104 Posts
@JimyMcan Were they OK with mamba green order?! I have been told that Germany not accepting mamba green orders by end of April... You can see my post and details below.

·
Registered
7 Posts
@JimyMcan Were they OK with mamba green order?! I have been told that Germany not accepting mamba green orders by end of April... You can see my post and details below.

that order was placed in March, so it wasn't a problem for colour , just chips got in the way.

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
50 Posts
My update is that whatever problem was causing the possible three week delay I was warned about was solved. Furthermore, I had told them that if there was an earlier delivery slot I'd take it, and one appeared, so I'm now on for 5/26, a week earlier than originally scheduled. So now I can hit Mammoth on the drive home, yahoo!

·
Registered
78 Posts
The delay is getting longer.... :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I placed my order on 2/5/2021 for the planned production date of 4/23. Then, it was delayed to 5/7. And now, it's 6/18...... o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

Has anyone who is awaiting for their order still on track or it's getting delayed further as well?

·
Registered
26 Posts
My update is that whatever problem was causing the possible three week delay I was warned about was solved. Furthermore, I had told them that if there was an earlier delivery slot I'd take it, and one appeared, so I'm now on for 5/26, a week earlier than originally scheduled. So now I can hit Mammoth on the drive home, yahoo!
How did you get an update for this? My dealership has not been very helpful or communicative.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My GTS is currently held up at the dealership waiting for that **** TPMS control unit to arrive (hopefully by the end of May). Very frustrating, especially since technically the car is fine. This could've been a recall later when the parts become available.

Has anyone heard anything or had the issue fixed lately?

41 - 60 of 2092 Posts