Porsche Macan Forum banner

How would you handle a manually adjusted steering column?

• Yes, I would cancel the order

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel with no issues. Can live with manual steering column adjustments.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel, but don't like that the feature is missing

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Maybe. Depends on other factors.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
2021 - 2040 of 2072 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
So what will you buy now?
Definetely not a Porsche, unless they respect my orders and don't try to screw me on my hard earned money.

I fully understand and tolerate some of the issues globally. I understand if you say, there is a shortage and we don't have enough, that you take that option away from all the cars and you try to build those you promised with that option.

But I do not tolerate that option still being available to many cars, but mine will not receive it for whatever reason, even though I purchased it that way. This is purely arbitrary and has no respect of customers.

Im driving a Urus, so I don't really need the car. But I might look into Range Rover etc..

·
Registered
2022 Macan
696 Posts
I just got an email from Porsche Canada, and it looks like Canadians are offered a CAD $650 service voucher. I wish they had managed the entire experience better, and not ignored repeated questions, but the case is closed.

Reactions: Miami2022

·
Registered
2022 Macan S, Carrara White, Black/Bordeaux Red
18 Posts
I just got an email from Porsche Canada, and it looks like Canadians are offered a CAD $650 service voucher. I wish they had managed the entire experience better, and not ignored repeated questions, but the case is closed.
When did you receive your car? I was told by sales manager of my dealership that Porsche will communicate directly with customers about CAD $650 voucher related to manual steering column adjustment. Picked up my S mid May and I haven’t heard from Porsche yet.

·
Registered
2022 Macan
696 Posts
When did you receive your car? I was told by sales manager of my dealership that Porsche will communicate directly with customers about CAD $650 voucher related to manual steering column adjustment. Picked up my S mid May and I haven’t heard from Porsche yet.
I picked up my Macan in mid-March and got the email on June 21.

Reactions: KM20Turbo

·
Registered
139 Posts
For those in the US who ordered after Jan 2022 and have taken delivery, did you get the $500 credit email?

I take delivery this week and never got the email. Wondering if I missed a cut-off and therefore don’t qualify?

·
Premium Member
2022 Macan S
110 Posts
I ordered early January and got the email in May. You should ask your SA to look into before you pick up the car. My impression was that the credit could only be used against the sale price if it was prior to delivery. Otherwise you can use it it for parts and accessories.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I ordered early January and got the email in May. You should ask your SA to look into before you pick up the car. My impression was that the credit could only be used against the sale price if it was prior to delivery. Otherwise you can use it it for parts and accessories.
I think you might have then ordered before Porsche announced that the remainder of MY22s would not get electric columns. I placed my order after that announcement, in mid-Feb. Trying to see if anyone else who ordered Feb or after did get the email and $500 credit (or, maybe I’m the first?)

My SA says I should get the credit, but I have yet to get the email. I also called PCNA a couple weeks ago, and it didn’t sound like the person who answered knew (she told me to setup My Porsche account first…)

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I received my $500 voucher via email today. My GTS was ordered 2/2/22, built 5/6, (about), delivered 7/7. Voucher good for parts, service, tequipment. I'm satisfied, considering all the supply chain problems, covid shutdown, etc. Surprised when I read of someone stating they'll never again buy another Porsche because of this. Really?

Reactions: dpod25

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
@dpod25, once I took delivery of my GTS on 7/7 and my SA said something like 'you should have received a notice before this if you're going to get a rebate', I called Porsche NA, gave the rep my VIN, and then waited 20 min on hold while she checked if the rebate 'applied' to my vehicle. Can't help but wonder if I would have received it if I hadn't called. Anyway, I'm satisfied.

·
Registered
139 Posts
@dpod25, once I took delivery of my GTS on 7/7 and my SA said something like 'you should have received a notice before this if you're going to get a rebate', I called Porsche NA, gave the rep my VIN, and then waited 20 min on hold while she checked if the rebate 'applied' to my vehicle. Can't help but wonder if I would have received it if I hadn't called. Anyway, I'm satisfied.
Thanks for your update, @Hokie. I've held off on providing my own update until my situation is finally resolved, but I'll go ahead and say that I called PCNA again and the rep I got this time confirmed that I did qualify for the $500 credit. However, the rep said their system hadn't generated my voucher when it should have and hence he opened a case ticket for the voucher to be sent, but it could take up to 14 business days :cautious:. My SA is aware and said the dealer will take care of me once I do get it, so I believe this will end to my satisfaction as well.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just wanted to get others’ opinions on my current delivery issue and see if this is an experience well within norms.

I’m so excited for everyone on here who receives their 2022 MY cars! Unfortunately, my 2022 GTS has now been stuck at Emden port for the last 2 months.

The ordeal started in October last year when I placed my order for a delivery allocation in May 2022. By April it was clear that May would be unrealistic, the car hadn’t even been produced due to production delays caused by global events unfolding at the time.

The car then reached V300 status end of May, and it’s been sitting at Emden port ever since. My dealership in NJ has no handle on this. Zero visibility into shipment schedules, no proactive updates. After checking in earlier this week, my SA responded that “surprisingly and inexplicably” my car didn’t end up on the one boat that he thought it would be on, which left 3 days ago. He has no information when the next boat will leave, points out that the dealership was able to get 44 out of 125 cars that are waiting in Emden onto the last boat - but mine didn’t make the cut.

Is this normal? I get it, war-related production delays, global supply chain issues, and all that. What I just can’t figure out is how the dealership has zero visibility into the delivery process, and how there’s no communication with their clients / managing expectations. At this rate I don’t expect delivery before Labor Day, 4 months behind schedule.

Open to any suggestions on what I can do at this point. Escalate with dealership management or Porsche NA? Honestly, pretty frustrated to be receiving a 2022 MY literally days before Porsche starts shipping 2023 models. The entire sale experience has been so sub-par, it’s shockingly disappointing given how wonderful these cars are.

·
Registered
2022 Macan
696 Posts
Open to any suggestions on what I can do at this point. Escalate with dealership management or Porsche NA?
What a frustrating experience. I would do both. This is not normal. Did you order a unique option like Burmester audio? Perhaps your Macan is waiting for a component. Technically, your Macan still belongs to PAG until it completes PDI in the delivery port, so I don't know what the dealership or PNA can do other than escalate to PAG.

·
Registered
32 Posts
What a frustrating experience. I would do both. This is not normal. Did you order a unique option like Burmester audio? Perhaps your Macan is waiting for a component. Technically, your Macan still belongs to PAG until it completes PDI in the delivery port, so I don't know what the dealership or PNA can do other than escalate to PAG.
Nope, nothing extraordinary... Bose system it is. Maybe the noise insulated glass was the tipping point... :D

·
Registered
2022 Macan S
1 Posts
For those in the US who ordered after Jan 2022 and have taken delivery, did you get the $500 credit email?

I take delivery this week and never got the email. Wondering if I missed a cut-off and therefore don’t qualify?
I ordered my Macan S in late February, and took delivery in Late May. My SA said at time of order that the car might come without the electric steering column adjustment due to the chip shortage but was not sure how Porsche was going to handle it, i.e. retrofit or rebate. Apparently, some were taking the rebate up front, off the purchase price which was not offered to me. I have not received any email nor letter.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My wife's Macan S order was placed by the dealer 11/9/21. We were notified of the manual column change sometime before receiving an email on 5/25/22 from Porsche US with a $500 voucher as compensation for the change to the manual steering column adjust. I don't believe it necessarily has to be applied towards the vehicle purchase. The car was delivered in late May.

2021 - 2040 of 2072 Posts