Porsche Macan Forum banner

How would you handle a manually adjusted steering column?

• Yes, I would cancel the order

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel with no issues. Can live with manual steering column adjustments.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel, but don't like that the feature is missing

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Maybe. Depends on other factors.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was just notified that my June delivery might not happen due to what looks like all Macan's will be required to eliminate 14-/18-way seats and move to 8-ways due to the fact that Seat Memory is affected by the semiconductor shortage.
I have been told that Porsche is trying to fulfill already placed customer orders and will install 8-ways in stock orders or new customer orders moving forward.
It might just be as short as a 2 month delay or it could be much longer, who knows?

Has anyone else been notified or heard about this?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Yeah, not sure how all the different build requests ended up not just staying in order and pushed back together, as you can see from my build, I was supposed to enter body shop on 4/16 which has been pushed till 6/18, while I noticed other peoples build sheets that were supposed to have a later starting date "jumped the line" and are now ahead of my build (I am looking at you EastWest!!).
Font Material property Paper Number Parallel

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,516 ·
I ordered my Porsche in August (GTS 2022). Was in Emden on January 18th and arrived in Canada February 12th and finally at the dealership on the 25th.

The whole time they told me it had the electrical steering column and I was just told it didn’t have it.
What’s shocking is I have emails of different people confirming me it was electrical even as I was there yesterday to complete some paperwork.

I am giving a heads up for people that are receiving their Macan soon to verify it. Nowhere did my dealership received this information from Porsche.

i will probably bail out if they don’t retrofit (and I want a date for the retrofit… I don’t want it to be in 2 years…) I figured I am paying for a full car, I want a full car!

cheers!
I understand your frustration, I received our Macan without the power/memory steering column, but to be honest, it isn't that big a deal to me (even though my wife and I have totally different sitting positions) . I understand that for many people, it is the principal (wanting and paying for something and not getting it). I am not sure that many current Macan owners that were supposed to have it from the factory even care that much since the other 99.9% of the car is so great and after driving it for a few months might forget all about it not being there. What are you going to replace the Macan with if they can not give you a retrofit date?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,531 · (Edited)
They called, they can’t retrofit they installed a permanent manual steering column and it’s also the same for panamera and taycan….

Luckily the Macan steering column is FULLY adjustable in the manual mode, unlike other Porsche's during the parts shortage issues..
What are people buying that are refusing delivery of their ordered Macan?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts