Porsche Macan Forum banner

How would you handle a manually adjusted steering column?

• Yes, I would cancel the order

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel with no issues. Can live with manual steering column adjustments.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel, but don't like that the feature is missing

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Maybe. Depends on other factors.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
NYT article on the chip shortage. Good read: A Tiny Part’s Big Ripple: Global Chip Shortage Hobbles the Auto Industry

"Porsche warned dealers in the United States this month that customers might have to wait an extra 12 weeks to get their cars, because they lack a chip used to monitor tire pressure."

"Porsche has told U.S. dealers that for several months it won’t be able to deliver high-end seats in the Macan S.U.V. that can be adjusted 18 different ways, a popular upgrade. The necessary chips are unavailable."

·
Registered
196 Posts
Have you checked out this current video from Nick Murray. No New Cars. It's a little long but he mentions delays and reasons for them. Quite depressing.
It’s wild that there are no new cars in the showroom. He made a good point about old 911’s going up in price due to lack of new 992’s available and people buying used. I almost pulled the trigger on 2009 997.2 for $53k pre-COVID. Now the same car is listed at $79k. Will be interesting to see what used cars come up once the chip shortage is over and car production gets back to normal…..in 2023

·
Registered
196 Posts
2nd half NM discusses Porsche's November car allocation for the US (# of cars that will be made available to US dealers thru Feb). Long story short, supply chain issues still an issue and will take all of 2022 for production to catch-up to demand.

On a side note, I entered my 2020 S into Carvana and offer was up $10k from 3 months ago. If it goes up another $6k will consider selling as it'll come close the price paid 2 yrs. ago. Crazy times.

·
Registered
196 Posts
“Expedite” used to mean hasten …. Now it means we’ll build them when we can get parts and ship them as close to finished as we can.

Tough time to NEED (as opposed to want) a car.
From what I read Porsche is giving those affected priority on upcoming, future allotments. Means a few less available slots available for dealers/future orders.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts