Porsche Macan Forum banner

How would you handle a manually adjusted steering column?

• Yes, I would cancel the order

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel with no issues. Can live with manual steering column adjustments.

Votes: 14 22.2%
  • No, I wouldn't cancel, but don't like that the feature is missing

Votes: 39 61.9%
  • Maybe. Depends on other factors.

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.6%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
My 2021 GTS original delivery at dealer date was end of August. Told yesterday is now 2nd week of November.
We're pretty much in the same boat. My 2021 GTS original delivery at dealer date was July, then August and now mid-November. Fun times :p

Reactions: barberan

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Called PCNA again on an update on my builds:

'21 Macan GTS:
Build Start: 9/24
Finish production: 10/15
Exit Port of Emden: 11/12
Arrive Port of Baltimore: 11/26
Arrive at dealership: Dec 3

My original estimate was entering production first week of September and arriving at the end Oct. But that seemed unrealistic even when I first heard it. So slight delay, fingers crossed. On the other hand, my GT4 is planning to arrive Oct. 29 at the Port of Baltimore, but will not arrive at the dealership until Nov 19. You would think there will be more chip related delays in my Macan vs. GT4.
Your GT4 and my Macan GTS have the same port arrival and dealer delivery dates. Guess they will be roomies on the same ship 🤪

Reactions: JCZ5

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hi all,
Spoke with my SA on Friday and looks like delivery has been pushed back yet again (original delivery was supposed to 7/26) with it now estimated for December 23rd. It had been sitting at Nov 19th delivery estimatefor awhile, but apparently there are now issues with Bose subwoofer components on top of all the other missing components. I seriously thought about scrapping the order and seeing what they would do to get me into a '22 GTS, but given all the shortages (which I don't think are going to improve anytime soon) I'm thinking that the Gen IIIs are going to be seriously delayed anyway so might as well stick this order out (plus not ready to give up on physical buttons quite yet). What are others who are still waiting on '21 orders thinking of doing?

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Wow. Sorry to hear this. What is the status of your event schedule? Is it still at the factory?
It's out of production and has a VIN#; however, according to SA the issue is the dreaded missing chip (e.g., TPMS, steering wheel) cluster**** and so it is presently sitting out in a field somewhere in Deutschland. I was too cranky on Friday to get the event schedule as I was very close to throwing my phone at the fish tank when I got that lovely text :p

Reactions: barberan

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Hmmm. Is yours a GTS or other trim? I wonder how they determine which cars get components and which do not in relation to production. My GTS completed production on 9/2 (original was to be 7/30) and entered the port Emden on 9/21. Would be interesting to see if yours left the factory and is going to sit at Emden or if it’s being held at the factory.

I have been waiting for notice that mine gets loaded on a ship (hoped for the Glovis Sun ship that left last week but assume I did not make that one even though my car was indeed at the port). The next ship going to the West coast of the US docked in port yesterday so I figure I would have to be on that one (RCC Europe) but now you have me wondering. I could be wrong, but don’t think they deliver vehicles to the German port to sit waiting for components like they sometimes do when arriving at the US ports. If you get your event schedule, let me know. Thanks.
GTS too and will do!

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
My order began end of May, order freeze lock date was in June, and my original ETA at my dealer was to be Sept 24. Current ETA is Nov 19, so running about 2 months behind and counting so far. Things are changing with supply issues so rapidly, someones schedule and time frame for an order now is totally different then it was one, two, three, four months ago.

I think its safe to assume whatever eta for arrival date you are given for any Porsche order at the moment (no matter what the model or where you live), expect delays. Then when you think things are on track, expect more delays. This supply chain and chip issue is not getting better anytime soon and even when it starts to see some positive light at the end of the tunnel (which it will), the amount of catch up the auto mfgs are going to have to do just to get back to square one, will take time.
Well put! I keep having lively debates on the Facebook Macan site with people declaring that their SAs have promised delivery of their '22 Macan's by April that there is no way that is happening. If they are lucky it might be around this time next year when they might receive their orders (for those in the US). The chip and component shortage is not going anywhere anytime soon and it is much more likely to get worse before it improves.

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
Got the same this morning too. Interestingly enough my SA was more outraged about this than I am. I too rarely use the adjustment and overall don't really care too much. That said, Porsche is still a high tier brand and should have compensated us afftemed parties considerably better.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts