Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from Porsche, Haven't seen any comment about this in the Forum yet.

MY2014 – MY2018 Macan Transfer Case Warranty Extension
Dear Mr. xxxxx,

You received this notice because our records, which are based primarily on state registration and title data, indicate that you are the current owner of the vehicle with the VIN: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

What is the issue?
On Model Year 2014 to 2018 Porsche Macan the Transfer Case long term durability may be below Porsche’s high quality standards.

What will Porsche do?
Porsche is extending the warranty coverage specifically for the subject Transfer Case in your vehicle to 7 years/unlimited mileage. All other terms and conditions specified in the Warranty and Maintenance booklet remain unchanged.

What you should do?
Please print and place a copy of this email in the Warranty and Maintenance booklet for your vehicle. No other action is needed at this time. This warranty extension will be reflected automatically in the warranty system of any authorized Porsche dealer. The warranty extension transfers automatically to the next owner, but please make sure to leave a copy of this email in the vehicle if you sell your Macan.

If you previously paid for a repair:
If you previously paid out-of-pocket for a repair to your Transfer Case that would have been covered under the terms of this warranty extension, you may be eligible for reimbursement for the portion of the repair for which you paid. You can apply for reimbursement by submitting a claim and uploading supporting documentation at the link below. To access the website, enter the Access Code Driven and your VIN in the designated fields.

·
Registered
76 Posts
nice to know, will look out for that. although i think my 18' has the updated part, as it was built in May 2018 but nice insurance nonetheless.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Just received my email referencing the transfer case warranty extension to 7 years, unlimited mileage.
Nice to have since my 2017 Macan GTS just turned 50k and original warranty expired :)

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Funny part was that the email went directly to my Junk folder. 🤷🏻‍♂️

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
Got the same email today. Now waiting for the timing chain cover extended warranty from Porsche. ;)

Reactions: carl82590

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this stating the original warranty is now extended to 7 years from 4? If you have a CPO does it now give you 2 years on top of the 7 years?

·
Registered
741 Posts
Also received. This is very good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
Is this stating the original warranty is now extended to 7 years from 4? If you have a CPO does it now give you 2 years on top of the 7 years?
I think it's a total of 7 years/unlimited miles.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This is great. I bought my 2015 with the full expectation (priced into the purchase) of having to shell out 4K on this. Nice.

·
Registered
392 Posts

"What will Porsche do?
Porsche is extending the warranty coverage specifically for the subject Transfer Case in your vehicle to 7 years/unlimited mileage. All other terms and conditions specified in the Warranty and Maintenance booklet remain unchanged."

Based on the language above from the email I would say that the original warranty (only for the transfer case) will be extended by three years (from 4 yrs to 7) and that the CPO in effect will be extended for up to a year (from 6 yrs to 7).

For example my 2017 Turbo was placed in service March 2018. Original warranty runs to March 2022. CPO runs an additional 2 years to March 2024. Separate transfer case warranty will run to March 2025 (2018 + 7 years = 2025). In effect the separate transfer case warranty is a year beyond the CPO.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I got the email this morning as well. Good to see Porsche stepping up. Still hoping that we’ll never need it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Nice to see this in my mail this morning as its been replaced once already (on their dime).

·
Registered
86 Posts
I got a slightly different email. The general gist was the same but at the end it said that they're going to ship me a GT3RS or something to show that I'm a truly valued customer.

·
Registered
3,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I got a slightly different email. The general gist was the same but at the end it said that they're going to ship me a GT3RS or something to show that I'm a truly valued customer.
It is called token of appreciation. :)

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
I couldn't even dream about it. :giggle:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wonder if they will replace it with the upgraded part, or does the issue have to be obtrusive? I do not think I have the issue, but I have only driven it 30 miles.

·
Super Moderator
8,930 Posts
Got the same email today. Now waiting for the timing chain cover extended warranty from Porsche. ;)
This is good news. My guess is that cars with the new part, which was somewhere around March, 2018, will NOT get this email.

They knew they had a problem, it was documented and the part was changed. They might very well do something similar with the oil leaks. Maybe they learned from the class action lawsuits from the IMS and Cayenne coolant pipes. I would applaud them for taking care of their customers this way.

·
Premium Member
6,253 Posts
I hope Porsche will step up on the oil leak issue. Darn, it’s not the first Porsche oil leak.

Reactions: HymieP
1 - 20 of 49 Posts