Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
My car has Connect and no Nav. Took to the dealer today to ask about why it doesn't activate SIRI and the answer is it won't. Is this consistent with what others have discovered? I do not have the QH1 option for what it's worth but have the stalk button.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
p65 of the owners manual would disagree with your dealer. The reason for that button is to hold it in and activate SIRI. If you just tap it, it will do nothing since you don't have QH1.

I assume you have set the connection manager to "apple carplay"

The PCM and options are a complete mess. Porsche really dropped the ball on how to order voice, explaining connect and connect plus, etc. I'm sure the dealers have no clue at this point and Porsche probably guesses at what was implemented by some third party.

·
Registered
71 Posts
p65 of the owners manual would disagree with your dealer. The reason for that button is to hold it in and activate SIRI. If you just tap it, it will do nothing since you don't have QH1.

The PCM and options are a complete mess. Porsche really dropped the ball on how to order voice, explaining connect and connect plus, etc. I'm sure the dealers have no clue at this point and Porsche probably guesses at what was implemented by some third party.

Are you able to do this? I have yet to read anyone on this forum who can push and hold to bring up Siri. Anyone with the connect not connect plus w/ QH1 options.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Are you able to do this? I have yet to read anyone on this forum who can push and hold to bring up Siri. Anyone with the connect not connect plus w/ QH1 options.
you can't order a macan with connect and QH1 because QH1 requires navigation and you can't order navigation with connect...they are mutually exclusive.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've never gotten the voice button to activate Siri in my connect (no nav) CarPlay configuration.

We should all push to have this fixed.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I've never gotten the voice button to activate Siri in my connect (no nav) CarPlay configuration.

We should all push to have this fixed.
One "give away" that it should work is that Porsche installed the button in your car. There is no use for that button with connect other than to activate SIRI. Likely it's a programming bug, but they need to fix it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Agree. I've already brought this up to the service advisor and he never got back to me.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's the email response I got from PofNA.

Thank you for reaching out to us. While we are excited to hear that you are enjoying your new Macan, we are sorry to hear that you are having troubles activating Siri.

To activate Siri, please hold down the Voice Control Button for at least 2-3 seconds, this should activate Siri. If this does not work, please let us know. You can also find this information on page 65 of your Owner's Manual.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please call us at 1-800-PORSCHE. We are available Monday through Friday 8AM to 9PM EST.

·
Registered
96 Posts

Can you clarify - what do you mean by "set the Connection Manager"? Is this buried in some menu I have yet to discover?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Here's the email response I got from PofNA.

Thank you for reaching out to us. While we are excited to hear that you are enjoying your new Macan, we are sorry to hear that you are having troubles activating Siri.

To activate Siri, please hold down the Voice Control Button for at least 2-3 seconds, this should activate Siri. If this does not work, please let us know. You can also find this information on page 65 of your Owner's Manual.

If you have additional questions or concerns, please call us at 1-800-PORSCHE. We are available Monday through Friday 8AM to 9PM EST.

This doesn't work for me. Does it work for ANYONE?

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have all the proper selections in the 'Connection Manager'. As with everyone else here, no successful results for the VC button, and I have tried every possible action (short click, long press, double click...).
When I press the VC button, it actually kicks me out of CarPlay and shows the radio station list on the PCM.

Made my service advisor aware of the issue, and he is going to bring it up to his manager, and I asked them to run it up the chain of command at Porsche. Hopefully Porsche is getting enough feedback on this to throw some resources at fixing this issue.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I suggest you and everyone else with this issue to call Porsche customer care directly and open an issue...don't count on your dealer. The manual says that the voice button should activate Siri. Make sure you clearly Point out that you have the voice button on your car and the only reason to install it is to activate Siri.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I've sent a message to Porsche through their website form. Hopefully that will also generate a response.

Reactions: RJMcInnis

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just got a reply from both Porsche customer support and my service advisor that a software update is available which will enable the stalk button to activate Siri!!! I'm scheduled to go in next Friday to have this done. Will update on results.

·
Registered
775 Posts
Thought I should share my story about Voice Command as a bit of a contrast :)

I have PCM with Connect+ and obviously have the PCM voice command on the stalk. I have used it four times. First time I pushed the button on the stalk to test it out. It did work. Second time I tested Siri by holding the button for a bit longer. It also worked. The two other times I have by accident pushed the button when I was reaching the stalk to turn on the indicator. This resulted in that my music was muted and replaced by a very irritating voice asking me to give a voice command.

So there is one option I'm missing. And that is to disable the Voice button. Maybe I should send a feature request to Porsche to include this function in the next software release for PCM.

Just had to mention this because I find it very funny that some even consider ordering a new car to get this feature while I would gladely just throw the stalk out of the window :D

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thought I should share my story about Voice Command as a bit of a contrast :)

I have PCM with Connect+ and obviously have the PCM voice command on the stalk. I have used it four times. First time I pushed the button on the stalk to test it out. It did work. Second time I tested Siri by holding the button for a bit longer. It also worked. The two other times I have by accident pushed the button when I was reaching the stalk to turn on the indicator. This resulted in that my music was muted and replaced by a very irritating voice asking me to give a voice command.

So there is one option I'm missing. And that is to disable the Voice button. Maybe I should send a feature request to Porsche to include this function in the next software release for PCM.

Just had to mention this because I find it very funny that some even consider ordering a new car to get this feature while I would gladely just throw the stalk out of the window :D

I guess be careful what you wish for :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quick update. Took the car in on Friday 6/24 for the software update. The service guys tried and realized there was no software update available. They put in a ticket to Porsche tech and was then told an update will be available sometime in Q3 of this year. So the wait is on until software update is released. At least Porsche acknowledges it needs to be updated and are working on it.

To clarify. I have a 2017 with Connect (carplay) and no nav. I do have the voice activated button on my turn signal stalk.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Thanks for the update. Sadly, "sometime in Q3" probably means end of "September 30."

Let us know if you actually get the update any time soon and thanks for sparing the rest of us the futile trip to the dealer.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Not to get too off topic, but hopefully the software update restores some of the prior functionality that has since been removed (the ability to set surround view cameras to the diamond button, for example).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 60 of 72 Posts