Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
That is exactly how I intend to handle it, but I very much appreciate those with earlier deliveries who have already handled the issue and made it easier for us.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I received my GTS. I have connect only, no NAV. I don't have voice.
This is very strange. The standard spec in Canada on the GTS includes Voice Control. When you check the standard GTS spec in the US it does not, and there is no option in configurator.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
This is very strange. The standard spec in Canada on the GTS includes Voice Control. When you check the standard GTS spec in the US it does not, and there is no option in configurator.
I believe Porsche Voice requires some of the hardware that's installed when you order navigation. If you order connect, which apparently can't be combined with Navigation, you can't get PCM voice, you only get SIRI and you only can control what Car Connect can control. If you order navigation or connect + which requires navigation, then you presumably have the hadware in the PCM unit for voice, but for some reason one has to order the Voice feature to get the stalk and presumably the software loaded on the PCM for voice.

As you point out, the US configurator does not have an option for voice and the porsche code it creates does not include the feature. There is no way for a customer to know (even today if you don't read this forum) that a feature has to be added by the dealer. The porsche press release on their site clearly states that the new PCM has voice control of navigation.

It's a mess...but hopefully enough people now understand the issue and Porsche is working with their dealers to make things right....and hopefully fix the configurator so the feature is missed again and again. The key word here is "hopefully"....many of us are waiting for word from our dealers.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
I believe Porsche Voice requires some of the hardware that's installed when you order navigation. If you order connect, which apparently can't be combined with Navigation, you can't get PCM voice, you only get SIRI and you only can control what Car Connect can control. If you order navigation or connect + which requires navigation, then you presumably have the hadware in the PCM unit for voice, but for some reason one has to order the Voice feature to get the stalk and presumably the software loaded on the PCM for voice.
The confusion arises with the voice control button on the stalk. My understanding is that if you order Connect that button is there and it requires a double click in order to invoke SIRI. But jcar seems to indicate that he does not have that button but he does have Connect. Am I mistaken?

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
? which previous post are you referring to?

Your posts, ghstudio, among others who have notified us of the issues and are working with their dealerships to solve the problem. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
I am also waiting for @jcar to confirm how Siri is working. jcar is the only one to have Connect ONLY option, delivered, so far.
Hey sorry. I thought I replied.
So I couldn't get Siri to activate by pressing voice control. Remember I didn't get voice control with my connect only.
I did get it to work by just saying hey Siri since she's always listening. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Hey sorry. I thought I replied.
So I couldn't get Siri to activate by pressing voice control. Remember I didn't get voice control with my connect only.
I did get it to work by just saying hey Siri since she's always listening. Hope that helps.
I do have the voice control button guys, it just doesn't do anything. The other way to activate Siri is by pressing the home button on the Pcm display.

·
Registered
308 Posts
It wasn't on my '17. I do have nav and waiting for Porsche retro fit VC like they did on '16. I also thought VC was standard because nowhere on build your Macan did I see that option. SA didn't see it on order sheet either when ordered in early December...he sees it now.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Sounds like I'm not getting VC on my GTS (Nav w/ Connect+). I thought I would get it for sure as I believed it would be standard without a doubt if I get Connect+ (CarPlay).

When I added Connect+, I liked the idea of using the voice button to activate Siri. One can argue that calling Siri upon "Hey Siri" may not be a big deal, but it's so frequently used that, in fact you have to use it for every new command, I thought having the ability to use Siri via the voice button had to be a must for CarPlay. It was almost unthinkable to have Connect+ without VC. But it looks like it's the case for all US configs unless you're lucky enough to work with a keen SA.

So, I've been trying to deceive myself by forcefully justifying not getting VC is actually a good thing. But it's hard because it's a free option.. Why would you not add VC when it's free? It's not like deciding whether to have Smoker's Package or not as it has pros/cons w.r.t having extra space to place a phone vs. the clean look. Any possible cons for having VC? Haha.. So sad.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Same situation here. I have Connect, no NAV. Click, double click, push and hold the voice control button and SIRI does not activate. Push and hold the home button on the touch screen and Siri comes on. There's a few electrical related questions I need to take the car in for.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I have an iphone 6+, I'm close to ordering a GTS with Connect, and it's a letdown to hear that the VC button won't access Siri as the same feature works well in our 2 series BMW (on the BMW you don't have to get nav for this to work, I believe it's part of the $350 enhanced bluetooth/USB package).

How well does saying the Hey Siri verbal command work when the phone is stowed away in the storage bin?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I too have a GTS on order with Nav and Connect+ but was not aware of the QH1 option. Today I went and sat in a new 2017 GTS with Nav and Connect+ but NO QH1 on the Monroney or the build sheet. It DID have voice control through both PCM and Siri that could be actuated by using the stalk button. I'm not sure what this means but I can only assume that the 2017's currently being delivered with Nav and Connect+ are automatically equipped with VC whether QH1 has been added to the build sheet or not...

Sounds like I'm not getting VC on my GTS (Nav w/ Connect+). I thought I would get it for sure as I believed it would be standard without a doubt if I get Connect+ (CarPlay).

When I added Connect+, I liked the idea of using the voice button to activate Siri. One can argue that calling Siri upon "Hey Siri" may not be a big deal, but it's so frequently used that, in fact you have to use it for every new command, I thought having the ability to use Siri via the voice button had to be a must for CarPlay. It was almost unthinkable to have Connect+ without VC. But it looks like it's the case for all US configs unless you're lucky enough to work with a keen SA.

So, I've been trying to deceive myself by forcefully justifying not getting VC is actually a good thing. But it's hard because it's a free option.. Why would you not add VC when it's free? It's not like deciding whether to have Smoker's Package or not as it has pros/cons w.r.t having extra space to place a phone vs. the clean look. Any possible cons for having VC? Haha.. So sad.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I also have a nonfunctional voice control button on my Connnet (no nav) S. Thankfully someone here told me to enable 'hey Siri' which works only when there's nothing playing. Sadly Siri doesn't know how to do noise cancellation like Xbox Kinect, Amazon Alexa, etc.

If anyone gets no-nav connect Siri to work with the VC button, let me know!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'm not sure what this means but I can only assume that the 2017's currently being delivered with Nav and Connect+ are automatically equipped with VC whether QH1 has been added to the build sheet or not...
Your assumption is probably correct now. Every 17 model with Connect+ I have seen so far came with VC, except for mine. But mine was earliest build of all (Jan 8), so my guess is that Porsche realized it makes zero sense to NOT add VC for Connect+ sometime in January, they just enforce it whether QH1 is selected or not.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts