Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
So if I have a non-nav '17, will adding carplay give me the ability to use Waze on my PCM screen? I use waze normally and would love to be able to have it on screen vs. glancing down at my phone in the cupholder.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
If waze is carplay compatible which I think it is now you should be able to have it. It won’t show up in the instrument cluster though.

·
Registered
481 Posts
So if I have a non-nav '17, will adding carplay give me the ability to use Waze on my PCM screen? I use waze normally and would love to be able to have it on screen vs. glancing down at my phone in the cupholder.
Waze is an app that appears in CarPlay - works great...but since you don't have Nav you won't be able to add CarPlay using the Porsche product referenced in post #20 .

·
Registered
31 Posts
Waze is an app that appears in CarPlay - works great...but since you don't have Nav you won't be able to add CarPlay using the Porsche product referenced in post #20 .
I’m curious why carplay wouldn’t be able to be installed on a non nav pcm. Some posts I’ve seen says the gps module is needed, but isn’t carplay just a software interface to access compatible iPhone apps on the screen? I would assume the gps function for maps/Waze would be handled by the phone.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Guess we are specifically referring to retro-fitting?.... my ‘17 GTS has no NAV, but does have CarPlay. Works great/Love it... can’t stand factory NAV systems. And if I ever do for some reason need Satellite GPS, I use my (constantly updated) Garmin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Looking at Suncoast, it seems that non-nav cars need an additional piece of either hardware of software that runs $95 in addition to the software key/license.

·
Registered
54 Posts
You absolutely do not need to add the Voice Control. I had the CarPlay software only installed by the local Porsche dealer on my 2018 GTS - works perfectly. I access voice control by using the "Siri" white button (lower left on the screen). I'm in Austin so that doesn't help you much but there are other dealers in Texas that install CarPlay without adding the voice control. There are others on the forum who have done this too - maybe they will respond...and maybe they are closer to NH. Good luck.

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Thank you for the reassurance.

How is it with the poor resolution? I'm assuming everything works alright?

-R

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
You absolutely do not need to add the Voice Control. I had the CarPlay software only installed by the local Porsche dealer on my 2018 GTS - works perfectly. I access voice control by using the "Siri" white button (lower left on the screen). I'm in Austin so that doesn't help you much but there are other dealers in Texas that install CarPlay without adding the voice control. There are others on the forum who have done this too - maybe they will respond...and maybe they are closer to NH. Good luck.

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread. Thank you for the reassurance.

How is it with the poor resolution? I'm assuming everything works alright?

-R
Carplay works and looks great. The reverse camera has a horrible picture, but all images, maps, etc from carplay have been great for me.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
IS it possible to get Apple CarPlay retrofitted into a 2015 Macan? I just found this online and it looks amazing but unfortunately they are located in the UK. Does anyone know how to get that done in the US?

https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto

·
Registered
397 Posts
IS it possible to get Apple CarPlay retrofitted into a 2015 Macan? I just found this online and it looks amazing but unfortunately they are located in the UK. Does anyone know how to get that done in the US?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF_kbvtX2XQ
https://www.nmautomotive.co.uk/carplay-androidauto

Yea I’ve done it. Wireless and wired options. I got the one from aliexpress. Not an easy install though. There are a couple of threads here on it I posted instructions.

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Yes, I definitely cannot do it myself. May need to find a reputable shop in MN that I trust can do a good job.

Yea I’ve done it. Wireless and wired options. I got the one from aliexpress. Not an easy install though. There are a couple of threads here on it I posted instructions.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello Guys,
Last friday I bought a CPO Macan base with platinum edition. I live in MA and want to install Apple carplay. I talked to the dealer in Norwell and dealer in Westwood. They are asking to $1700, it that the right price for updating the software?

Thanks,

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Guys,
Last friday I bought a CPO Macan base with platinum edition. I live in MA and want to install Apple carplay. I talked to the dealer in Norwell and dealer in Westwood. They are asking to $1700, it that the right price for updating the software?

Thanks,
Hello - I'm also in MA, somewhere between Norwell and Westwood.
I'm looking to purchase a CPO Macan S; did you use one of these dealers? If so, How was your experience.

Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello - I'm also in MA, somewhere between Norwell and Westwood.
I'm looking to purchase a CPO Macan S; did you use one of these dealers? If so, How was your experience.

Thanks
Hello,
I did went to Porsche Burlington and Porsche westwood. So far experience was good. However, you need to be alert before purchasing your porsche, try to spend more time with the car you want to buy, they will try to distract you from the minor issue that does not cover in CPO. And if you found those issue after the purchase, it will be your headache then, so check each and everything before you purchase and pay them money.
PS- I purchased it from Porsche Westwood :)

Best,

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does the voice activation work well? My big concern is quick and easy voice activated Nav. Seems like the voice stalk is unnecessary if you can use the on screen button. Please advise. Appreciate the input!

·
Premium Member
773 Posts
I have voice activation stalk for CarPlay but haven’t use it since the IOS 13 update. All I do now is say “hey Siri”, the iPhone picks it up and activate CarPlay functions directly. There is absolutely no need for the voice stalk so save your money.

John

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 73 Posts