Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #21
I love your build . The only thing I would have added was sport chrono . It's not that you will use things like launch control or race it to redline often but I love the sport response feature as an option to make a rolling pass. Its so instant that I found it useful. On my Macan even though it has sport chrono it lacks that feature (first gen cars ) . As a result the option is practical in a daily vehicle.

The things I really liked are the wheels with the white and clear taillights , The steering wheel and agate look fantastic . I really like the car !! Congrats again !
Thanks again! And I hear you re: SC. I know its a very popular option with the enthusiasts on this board and RL, and the new sports response feature does add a new/useful element, but just my thoughts/opinions of course - I don't like the SC clock on the dash, I view Sport Plus mode as more of a novelty than a useful drive mode, and LC is pretty much a waste. The other features of SC would be nice to have, but it wasn't worth the price. Again, I know I'm in the minority with similar thoughts of Sports Exhaust, but I wanted to stay under my theoretical price point for this car, otherwise I would have try to rationalize a CS with the wifey. 馃槇 This is our most expensive vehicle purchase to date, she wasn't that excited handing over that cashiers check to Porsche. 馃槈

Registered
Thanks again! And I hear you re: SC. I know its a very popular option with the enthusiasts on this board and RL, and the new sports response feature does add a new/useful element, but just my thoughts/opinions of course - I don't like the SC clock on the dash, I view Sport Plus mode as more of a novelty than a useful drive mode, and LC is pretty much a waste. The other features of SC would be nice to have, but it wasn't worth the price. Again, I know I'm in the minority with similar thoughts of Sports Exhaust, but I wanted to stay under my theoretical price point for this car, otherwise I would have try to rationalize a CS with the wifey. 馃槇 This is our most expensive vehicle purchase to date, she wasn't that excited handing over that cashiers check to Porsche. 馃槈
You're definitely not alone in this mentality - check out my build in signature as proof. At the end of the day, we're all going to have differing opinions regarding options, but it's important that you spec the car to YOUR liking. Forums like this are truly a gift, and I'm extremely grateful to be amongst such passionate enthusiasts, but don't let it distract you from your own personal circumstances. Remember, many would be extremely grateful to be in such a position! 馃槉

Registered
On your spec sheet the 992 produces 379hp and the 991.2 base makes 370hp. Am I reading this correctly?

Registered
The only time I use it for practical (street) purposes is when I need an instant throttle map. For example yesterday I was entering a highway with a old beat up car tailgating . It was a single file entrance so why he tailgated is beyond me . Upon the opportunity to merge it was tight . He could not break free but I could . However had I done so in sport mode it would not have given the instant response needed to feel as comfortable . Of course I could have just sat there and let him tailgate . I would have done so had I been driving the Macan bu this feature in a 911 came in handy. Now it is not a necessity . In fact I would say 99 percent of lot cars at my dealership do not have it (outside of those equipped with it standard).

Now had I walked into a dealership looking at lot cars I would have bought your car . It is absolutely beautiful

Premium Member
It's gorgeous! Here's to many safe & happy miles!

Registered
Slw23, I noticed on the interior pic of your car, the dash is no longer the dark (mainly black) color as on all 2017 til now. Did Porsche change something? I did not like the two tone set up.

Premium Member
Discussion Starter #28
Slw23, I noticed on the interior pic of your car, the dash is no longer the dark (mainly black) color as on all 2017 til now. Did Porsche change something? I did not like the two tone set up.
Sorry, not sure, I can鈥榯 really speak to the 991.2 interior as I鈥檓 not that familiar with it. I did option full leather, so there is a good amount of slate grey on my dash, sort of hard to tell from the pic I posted. Happy to share more interior photos when I get my car back next week, bummed to not have it for the 3 day wknd...

Registered
I know. I talked at length with a guy who had a 911 Turbo years ago . It was insanely priced comparably , He did explain that people do hold onto the car much longer . The entire market is so different than the states . I believe that the only way to do it is be sure you get the build right and hang onto the car . If you sell it too soon is where the snag lies , The car is so expensive that the guy who can pay that much with want a new one . Its years later when you have gotten full use out of it that the car might actually hold value better than in the states .

BTW Australia is not the most expensive and the US is not the cheapest but clearly our two regional price comparisons are dramatically different with the cars . One thing the guy did say to me is that once he is in the car he forgets very quickly the money spent.
Absolutely Larry. Also, one advantage of the release of the new 992 is that I am now seeing a few 991.2 GTS鈥檚 becoming available. Looks like those with plenty of money might be choosing to upgrade? Now to find one close to the specs I like. No hurry though, the Macan GTS still puts a smile on my face.馃槈

Registered
Sorry, not sure, I can鈥榯 really speak to the 991.2 interior as I鈥檓 not that familiar with it. I did option full leather, so there is a good amount of slate grey on my dash, sort of hard to tell from the pic I posted. Happy to share more interior photos when I get my car back next week, bummed to not have it for the 3 day wknd...
Thank you. I called the dealer yesterday and asked about the two tone interior. The grey slate comes in one (grey dash), as does red and black. No luck on the beige interior. That one comes with black dash.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts