Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I love your build . The only thing I would have added was sport chrono . It's not that you will use things like launch control or race it to redline often but I love the sport response feature as an option to make a rolling pass. Its so instant that I found it useful. On my Macan even though it has sport chrono it lacks that feature (first gen cars ) . As a result the option is practical in a daily vehicle.

The things I really liked are the wheels with the white and clear taillights , The steering wheel and agate look fantastic . I really like the car !! Congrats again !
Thanks again! And I hear you re: SC. I know its a very popular option with the enthusiasts on this board and RL, and the new sports response feature does add a new/useful element, but just my thoughts/opinions of course - I don't like the SC clock on the dash, I view Sport Plus mode as more of a novelty than a useful drive mode, and LC is pretty much a waste. The other features of SC would be nice to have, but it wasn't worth the price. Again, I know I'm in the minority with similar thoughts of Sports Exhaust, but I wanted to stay under my theoretical price point for this car, otherwise I would have try to rationalize a CS with the wifey. ? This is our most expensive vehicle purchase to date, she wasn't that excited handing over that cashiers check to Porsche. ?

Reactions: kite pilot and SJG

·
Registered
400 Posts
Thanks again! And I hear you re: SC. I know its a very popular option with the enthusiasts on this board and RL, and the new sports response feature does add a new/useful element, but just my thoughts/opinions of course - I don't like the SC clock on the dash, I view Sport Plus mode as more of a novelty than a useful drive mode, and LC is pretty much a waste. The other features of SC would be nice to have, but it wasn't worth the price. Again, I know I'm in the minority with similar thoughts of Sports Exhaust, but I wanted to stay under my theoretical price point for this car, otherwise I would have try to rationalize a CS with the wifey. ? This is our most expensive vehicle purchase to date, she wasn't that excited handing over that cashiers check to Porsche. ?
You're definitely not alone in this mentality - check out my build in signature as proof. At the end of the day, we're all going to have differing opinions regarding options, but it's important that you spec the car to YOUR liking. Forums like this are truly a gift, and I'm extremely grateful to be amongst such passionate enthusiasts, but don't let it distract you from your own personal circumstances. Remember, many would be extremely grateful to be in such a position! ?

·
Registered
2017 991.2 base cab
38 Posts
On your spec sheet the 992 produces 379hp and the 991.2 base makes 370hp. Am I reading this correctly?

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
The only time I use it for practical (street) purposes is when I need an instant throttle map. For example yesterday I was entering a highway with a old beat up car tailgating . It was a single file entrance so why he tailgated is beyond me . Upon the opportunity to merge it was tight . He could not break free but I could . However had I done so in sport mode it would not have given the instant response needed to feel as comfortable . Of course I could have just sat there and let him tailgate . I would have done so had I been driving the Macan bu this feature in a 911 came in handy. Now it is not a necessity . In fact I would say 99 percent of lot cars at my dealership do not have it (outside of those equipped with it standard).

Now had I walked into a dealership looking at lot cars I would have bought your car . It is absolutely beautiful

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
It's gorgeous! Here's to many safe & happy miles!

Reactions: slw23

·
Registered
2017 991.2 base cab
38 Posts
Slw23, I noticed on the interior pic of your car, the dash is no longer the dark (mainly black) color as on all 2017 til now. Did Porsche change something? I did not like the two tone set up.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Slw23, I noticed on the interior pic of your car, the dash is no longer the dark (mainly black) color as on all 2017 til now. Did Porsche change something? I did not like the two tone set up.
Sorry, not sure, I can‘t really speak to the 991.2 interior as I’m not that familiar with it. I did option full leather, so there is a good amount of slate grey on my dash, sort of hard to tell from the pic I posted. Happy to share more interior photos when I get my car back next week, bummed to not have it for the 3 day wknd...

·
Registered
83 Posts
I know. I talked at length with a guy who had a 911 Turbo years ago . It was insanely priced comparably , He did explain that people do hold onto the car much longer . The entire market is so different than the states . I believe that the only way to do it is be sure you get the build right and hang onto the car . If you sell it too soon is where the snag lies , The car is so expensive that the guy who can pay that much with want a new one . Its years later when you have gotten full use out of it that the car might actually hold value better than in the states .

BTW Australia is not the most expensive and the US is not the cheapest but clearly our two regional price comparisons are dramatically different with the cars . One thing the guy did say to me is that once he is in the car he forgets very quickly the money spent.
Absolutely Larry. Also, one advantage of the release of the new 992 is that I am now seeing a few 991.2 GTS’s becoming available. Looks like those with plenty of money might be choosing to upgrade? Now to find one close to the specs I like. No hurry though, the Macan GTS still puts a smile on my face.?

·
Registered
2017 991.2 base cab
38 Posts
Sorry, not sure, I can‘t really speak to the 991.2 interior as I’m not that familiar with it. I did option full leather, so there is a good amount of slate grey on my dash, sort of hard to tell from the pic I posted. Happy to share more interior photos when I get my car back next week, bummed to not have it for the 3 day wknd...
Thank you. I called the dealer yesterday and asked about the two tone interior. The grey slate comes in one (grey dash), as does red and black. No luck on the beige interior. That one comes with black dash.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Here are some more photos while my car was getting its spa treatment. The last one is before I drove off and it rained shortly thereafter. ?

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Congratulations!

Reactions: slw23

·
Premium Member
2,506 Posts
Congrats!! Nice build and I really like those wheels! Enjoy it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello all. Just picked up my 992 C2 this morning and since I've been a part of this forum since the early days, thought I'd share the pics I took while at the dealership. What a ride for the ~6 miles home ;), so different from the 991.2 C2 I had for a day. My plan is to try and transition to this as my DD and sell my beloved almost 6 yr old Macan Turbo in the next couple months. The 992 is getting towed tomorrow morning for paint correction, ppf, ceramic, & tint, hoping to have it back by the end of week.
View attachment 229213 View attachment 229214 View attachment 229215 View attachment 229216 View attachment 229217 View attachment 229218 View attachment 229219

·
Registered
3 Posts
How do you like (or love) your 992? I have a 991.2 C2 which I love but thinking on changing it to the 992. Wondering how’s your feedback now since you have it for a few now.
Thanks

Btw, looks beautiful in white, congrats.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
How do you like (or love) your 992? I have a 991.2 C2 which I love but thinking on changing it to the 992. Wondering how’s your feedback now since you have it for a few now.
Thanks

Btw, looks beautiful in white, congrats.
Thank you!

I am really enjoying and loving my 992. I’ve put less than 1k miles since delivery almost 4 months ago, but it’s been a blast to drive as much as one really can during these times in LA. It’s my first real sports car and first coupe since my manual 3 series in the early 2000s, but I find the ride complaint and very satisfying/visceral in normal mode (night and day from my Macan Turbo), yet still very firm/sporty and even more so in Sport mode. The handling is crisp and the power delivery is smooth, I don’t feel like anything is lacking with the “base” model. I was really hoping to make this my daily driver and thus far, it’s been an amazing replacement to my Macan (though I still miss that car).

I strongly considered a 991.2 variant before placing my order, but the updated interior and tech sold me. The exterior has really grown on me as well, so much so that I now prefer it over the 991 - purely subjective of course. Sure, some of the documented gripes have legs - the outer dials are not readily visible (I have the smaller GT wheel, which exasperates the issue), things are buried in the pcm like HomeLink, comfort access is finicky, but like everything else, we quickly adjust. I now realize what I’ve been missing from Porsche all these years with the Cayenne and Macan since 2011, and neither of those were slouches.

I think only you can decide if the change from a 991.2 to a 992 is worth it, but what I can share is that I haven’t seen anyone express disappointment or remorse moving from a 991 to a 992. It’s an amazing vehicle and checks all the boxes for me - 0 regrets.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank you for your feedback. I went for a long test drive yesterday and loved it, the interior its definitely what sold me. Deposit done now the hard long wait.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Thank you for your feedback. I went for a long test drive yesterday and loved it, the interior its definitely what sold me. Deposit done now the hard long wait.
That‘s exciting, congrats! What’s your spec?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts