Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Just picked up my 992 C2 this morning and since I've been a part of this forum since the early days, thought I'd share the pics I took while at the dealership. What a ride for the ~6 miles home ;), so different from the 991.2 C2 I had for a day. My plan is to try and transition to this as my DD and sell my beloved almost 6 yr old Macan Turbo in the next couple months. The 992 is getting towed tomorrow morning for paint correction, ppf, ceramic, & tint, hoping to have it back by the end of week.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Niiiiiiiice. And my favorite interior color too. I approve.

Reactions: slw23

·
Registered
2017 991.2 base cab
38 Posts
Congrats! Yes, I would like to hear your comments on the differences between 991.2 and 992 as well.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice !! Can you please note the differences from the 991.2 which stood out to you .Congrats !!
Congrats! Yes, I would like to hear your comments on the differences between 991.2 and 992 as well.
Thanks! A few things I noticed with my limited seat time: the 992 feels bigger and more planted, perhaps due to the 20/21“ staggered wheel set up vs. all 20s coupled with the wider body; more compliant ride, less harsh in Normal, even with the larger rears; and while I didn’t push my 992 at all, it didn’t feel as fast, I think due to the transmission and how smooth it shifts gears.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Awesome congrats on the beautiful car!

Reactions: slw23

·
Registered
400 Posts
Hello all. Just picked up my 992 C2 this morning and since I've been a part of this forum since the early days, thought I'd share the pics I took while at the dealership. What a ride for the ~6 miles home ;), so different from the 991.2 C2 I had for a day. My plan is to try and transition to this as my DD and sell my beloved almost 6 yr old Macan Turbo in the next couple months. The 992 is getting towed tomorrow morning for paint correction, ppf, ceramic, & tint, hoping to have it back by the end of week.
View attachment 229213 View attachment 229214 View attachment 229215 View attachment 229216 View attachment 229217 View attachment 229218 View attachment 229219
My heart just skipped a beat - absolutely gorgeous!! Congratulations!

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But most of all over the price - in Australia that car would cost me twice what you paid for it!!!?
yikes!

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Thanks! A few things I noticed with my limited seat time: the 992 feels bigger and more planted, perhaps due to the 20/21“ staggered wheel set up vs. all 20s coupled with the wider body; more compliant ride, less harsh in Normal, even with the larger rears; and while I didn’t push my 992 at all, it didn’t feel as fast, I think due to the transmission and how smooth it shifts gears.
I have a feeling that you are going to have a blast with that car . The idea of the base engine mated to the staggered setup sounds fantastic .

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
I did not option sport chrono...
I love your build . The only thing I would have added was sport chrono . It's not that you will use things like launch control or race it to redline often but I love the sport response feature as an option to make a rolling pass. Its so instant that I found it useful. On my Macan even though it has sport chrono it lacks that feature (first gen cars ) . As a result the option is practical in a daily vehicle.

The things I really liked are the wheels with the white and clear taillights , The steering wheel and agate look fantastic . I really like the car !! Congrats again !

·
Registered
9,223 Posts
Very nice, and I’m very jealous!!! But most of all over the price - in Australia that car would cost me twice what you paid for it!!!?
I know. I talked at length with a guy who had a 911 Turbo years ago . It was insanely priced comparably , He did explain that people do hold onto the car much longer . The entire market is so different than the states . I believe that the only way to do it is be sure you get the build right and hang onto the car . If you sell it too soon is where the snag lies , The car is so expensive that the guy who can pay that much with want a new one . Its years later when you have gotten full use out of it that the car might actually hold value better than in the states .

BTW Australia is not the most expensive and the US is not the cheapest but clearly our two regional price comparisons are dramatically different with the cars . One thing the guy did say to me is that once he is in the car he forgets very quickly the money spent.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts