Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New here. Just got my Volcano Gray 2020 Macan S last weekend. Getting to know it... I'll post some photos and some of my initial feedback / ask for your comments (and yes, I've searched all of this, but thought I'd post here too):
  • I like the look of the wheels stock. They compliment the color well. I am really considering powder coating with a gloss black and/or doing the calipers with colored crests. It's a leased car, so not sure I'll throw more into this....
    • What do you guys think? Do just the wheels? Do the wheels AND calipers? Leave it?
    • Are these alloys safe to powdercoat? From my research on this forum it seems like yes
    • Do the black gloss get dirty really easily?
    • Any photos of this combo with black gloss elsewhere?
  • CarPlay and the entertainment / PCM leaves a lot to be desired... I don't like that you can't get full screen on ApplePlay or use the steering wheel to switch tracks
  • Car doesn't have the smoker's package and would like to purpose that area to hold my phone so I can change tracks when listening to Spotify on ApplePlay. I saw a couple mods, but I don't want to use a magnet since my phone doubles as my wallet
  • Planning on adding roof racks to get up to the snow. Should I go through Porsche or third-party to save some cash?
    • If I need to carry chains, what do you guys recommend? Do I need a set of 2 chains or 4 chains and on which tires do they go?
Thanks all and excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
Red calipers.
Re-program the diamond button on the steering wheel to jump to the next track ... or just ask siri !

·
Registered
6 Posts
Looks great!

Love Volcano grey... with all the black accents it really works well. I'd leave the wheels as-is and do the calipers red or yellow!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts