Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 · (Edited)
Great write-up @Santirx. That's quite a journey...congrats.

What's the story behind the body coloured spoiler? I'm asking because I ended-up with one as well on my GTS. Mine is jet black metallic so I didn't even notice till I washed it for the first time.
I’m not sure. Back then there were no GTS (only S and Turbo). But you could add the sport design package as an option, which included the painted spoiler.

Of course, I didn’t order that.

But my Macan spent an inordinate amount of time at the body shop. Back then, we were speculating that they ran out of normal spoilers and that’s why mine ended up with a painted spoiler, or that they compensated me with the painted spoiler because of that long time I had to wait.

It was very rare back then, but only a handful were delivered with body painted spoiler. Since I ordered the painted valance, it looked great.

So, I like to think of mine as one of a kind.

·
Premium Member
2,567 Posts
Hey @TripleL, great to hear from you. Many have come and gone since 2014, but you had been one of the originals in the forum with consistent presence.

BTW…you need to drive that Macan more. If you can’t, lend it to me for a couple of months… I’ll bring it up to speed…:D
Thanks for your kind words,, glad to read you on here also!! And appreciate the offer but I'm enjoying mine every day,, but will try to drive it more :D

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Well done! My wife and I both enjoyed your story.

Reactions: Santirx

·
Registered
157 Posts
Then again through other illnesses…

View attachment 244459

Through it all, you were resilient and always good…

Your voice changed…. As you got older… got more classy and pleasant to the ear.

View attachment 244460

View attachment 244461

I changed your vocal chords too…

View attachment 244462

Today, you had your 100,000 mile birthday. An important milestone.

View attachment 244463

And today, at 100,000 miles, you look as young as the first day I picked you up…

View attachment 244473
Through it all, you had been fantastic.

Yes, you are getting older, but much better with time. Like a good bottle of wine.

You had given me one of the thrills of my lifetime. And I only hope we can continue to make memories together….

On to 200,000 miles… ;)
This post deserves to go onto a Hallmark greetings card.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
Outstanding, Santirx! Wishing you a wonderful journey en route to 200K. I wonder if someone is making badges (or equivalent) for when we reach 100K?

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Loved your post. It made me laugh. 🤣🤣 Keep enjoying your little tiger.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Glad I'm not the only one with huge miles on my exact same Silver Macan S, although a 2017 with 120K and counting. Love the story told here. Congrats...Really like the Sub Mod, did same but used the Bose Factory Box (yuk) also with RF Sub....Every time I drive the car and blast the sound system, helps me want to keep the car longer. The Looks, the Drive, The Comfort and handling. There are zero cars out there, even today, that would give more satisfaction after 4 1/2 years. Oh Yes, the utility and the great winter driving...Cannot say enough and I'm sure you will be hard pressed to enjoy another car in your future. Continue Enjoying Your Silver Tiger....I know I will...Vrooooom!

·
Registered
2015 Macan Turbo
13 Posts
Then again through other illnesses…

View attachment 244459

Through it all, you were resilient and always good…

Your voice changed…. As you got older… got more classy and pleasant to the ear.

View attachment 244460

View attachment 244461

I changed your vocal chords too…

View attachment 244462

Today, you had your 100,000 mile birthday. An important milestone.

View attachment 244463

And today, at 100,000 miles, you look as young as the first day I picked you up…

View attachment 244473
Through it all, you had been fantastic.

Yes, you are getting older, but much better with time. Like a good bottle of wine.

You had given me one of the thrills of my lifetime. And I only hope we can continue to make memories together….

On to 200,000 miles… ;)
Still love my 2015 turbo!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Positive story and memories.

Just curious…
You didn’t have any issues with oil leak, fuel pump or transfer case? Your baby Macan S went from 24 to 100K Miles with no issues but the one part in your hand? If so what was the secret.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Positive story and memories.

Just curious…
You didn’t have any issues with oil leak, fuel pump or transfer case? Your baby Macan S went from 24 to 100K Miles with no issues but the one part in your hand? If so what was the secret.
I didn’t say I had no issues. As a mater of fact, I said that I had taken care of my Macan illnesses…

I had been fortunate enough to be able to do most of the repairs myself after warranty.

My transfer case is solid, no need for change.

Keeping up with the routine maintenance regime is very important…. Now that my Macan hit 100,000 miles I’m changing (preventively) all fluids, spark plugs, air filters, high pressure fuel pumps. Brakes will need to be changed soon. And I’m increasing the frequency of motor oil change to every 5,000 miles (Maybe will go to every 3,000 miles, depending on oil analysis - yes, I’m doing oil analysis).

Some of my stories below:

Air Suspension replacement of compressor, distribution valve and rear air bags:

Replacement of failed louver electric motor:

Thermostat replacement:

Oil Leak - replacement of two timing chain cover screws:

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Glad I'm not the only one with huge miles on my exact same Silver Macan S, although a 2017 with 120K and counting. Love the story told here. Congrats...Really like the Sub Mod, did same but used the Bose Factory Box (yuk) also with RF Sub....Every time I drive the car and blast the sound system, helps me want to keep the car longer. The Looks, the Drive, The Comfort and handling. There are zero cars out there, even today, that would give more satisfaction after 4 1/2 years. Oh Yes, the utility and the great winter driving...Cannot say enough and I'm sure you will be hard pressed to enjoy another car in your future. Continue Enjoying Your Silver Tiger....I know I will...Vrooooom!
Nice. I agree, I have thought about trading it in, but then come back to the thought that I would not be able to enjoy another car. It has to be a Macan. So, in the future, I know I’ll trade my Macan for another one.

Just have to wait until my daughter graduates from a very expensive college…

And I also started with an 8” RF in the OEM Bose box. Sound was great, but I had to upgrade…. :)

·
Premium Member
1,283 Posts
@santrix Wow you cranked some serious miles. Glad to hear of your trouble free miles enjoyed the write up. I’m here at just 49,500 miles with the color matching rear spoiler as well.
Keep on trucking.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
@santrix Wow you cranked some serious miles. Glad to hear of your trouble free miles enjoyed the write up. I’m here at just 49,500 miles with the color matching rear spoiler as well.
Keep on trucking.
Hey @notmac1, you need to drive that Macan more!

21 - 40 of 48 Posts