Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I still remember like it was yesterday…. You were conceived (ordered) on June 2014, and were born on 10/23/2014. You decided to stay in your mother’s womb (body shop) for an additional month. Yes, you were born a month late and I can still remember my desperation through that time.

Because of that, you were born with a body color spoiler… and I picked you up shortly after on Nov 25.

You were only 26 miles old…. So young, so eager to be driven.

I still remember when I changed your shoes for the first time, in preparation for the Winter.

During your first snow….

… you couldn’t wait to get out and play…

We took you to special places…

During your teenage years, you wanted to look slicker, and we bought you wheel spacers and lowered your stance…. You looked great…

You grew a beard (front spoiler)… you looked more mature and like a true gentleman.

I took care of you when you got a cold…

continues….

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Then again through other illnesses…

Through it all, you were resilient and always good…

Your voice changed…. As you got older… got more classy and pleasant to the ear.

I changed your vocal chords too…

Today, you had your 100,000 mile birthday. An important milestone.

And today, at 100,000 miles, you look as young as the first day I picked you up…

Through it all, you had been fantastic.

Yes, you are getting older, but much better with time. Like a good bottle of wine.

You had given me one of the thrills of my lifetime. And I only hope we can continue to make memories together….

On to 200,000 miles… ;)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Freakin’ awesome… just awesome. Congrats on the 100K and many more enjoyable miles to come!
….And 100% truth be told, if the first 33K miles had been put on the car by ME, I would still be driving the GTS…

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Love the picture story @Santirx ! Hope you have many more adventurous miles!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Then again through other illnesses…

View attachment 244459

Through it all, you were resilient and always good…

Your voice changed…. As you got older… got more classy and pleasant to the ear.

View attachment 244460

View attachment 244461

I changed your vocal chords too…

View attachment 244462

Today, you had your 100,000 mile birthday. An important milestone.

View attachment 244463

Through it all, you had been fantastic.

Yes, you are getting older, but much better with time. Like a good bottle of wine.

You had given me one of the thrills of my lifetime. And I only hope we can continue to make memories together….

On to 200,000 miles… ;)
Very nicely done and a hearty congratulations to you!

·
Registered
2018 GTS, Carrara White Metallic/Garnet Red
9 Posts
Enjoyed reading that!

Reactions: Santirx

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice write up and a nice personal touch. Congrats.

What wheels do you have on in photo # 7, from that angle they don't look like spiders but they do look sharp.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice write up and a nice personal touch. Congrats.

What wheels do you have on in photo # 7, from that angle they don't look like spiders but they do look sharp.
That’s my winter setup…. 20” OZ Racing Superturismo Dakar (Metal Gun).

2 - 20x8.5
2 - 20x10

They may be discontinued already. Bought them in 2014.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I use the same rims for my winters. FYI the original porsche center caps fit in them
Yes I know… I tested them, but fit was somewhat lose, I feared losing them.

·
Premium Member
2,566 Posts
I remember most all of this!! It's been a great ride hasn't it? May you enjoy many more miles together in good heath!

PS I'm right behind you mileage wise :D I picked mine up about 6 months before you in May 2014 and just turned 52K miles LOL

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Many happy returns! Yes, it's possible.

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
What a great write-up! Congratulations & may you (both) enjoy the next 100K miles in the best of health!

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
218 Posts
Great write-up @Santirx. That's quite a journey...congrats.

What's the story behind the body coloured spoiler? I'm asking because I ended-up with one as well on my GTS. Mine is jet black metallic so I didn't even notice till I washed it for the first time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That’s my winter setup…. 20” OZ Racing Superturismo Dakar (Metal Gun).

2 - 20x8.5
2 - 20x10

They may be discontinued already. Bought them in 2014.

View attachment 244468
They are really nice, love the colour. I'm looking for a winter setup for my Night Blue Metallic GTS on order, and I think they would look awesome on it. Thanks for sharing the photos

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I remember most all of this!! It's been a great ride hasn't it? May you enjoy many more miles together in good heath!

PS I'm right behind you mileage wise :D I picked mine up about 6 months before you in May 2014 and just turned 52K miles LOL
Hey @TripleL, great to hear from you. Many have come and gone since 2014, but you had been one of the originals in the forum with consistent presence.

BTW…you need to drive that Macan more. If you can’t, lend it to me for a couple of months… I’ll bring it up to speed…:D

1 - 20 of 48 Posts