Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I have a 2020 Macan (my car) and a 2020 Cayenne (my wife's). Very different vehicles but love them both. The Macan is smaller and sportier while the Cayenne is larger but still a fast and excellent handlng SUV. I prefer the Macan as my daily driver, but my wife prefers the space of the Cayenne and our family needs it for longer trips with two 6' teenage sons. As for the technology difference, my wife actually prefers the physical buttons in the Macan (and her old 2017 Cayenne) to the all digital Cayenne. The new PCM in the 2020 Macan is a nice update and I don't miss most of the other technology upgrades the Cayenne has versus my Macan. The decision between the two should come down to which one fits your needs better, not which one is the newer design.
Appreciate your thoughts, mike1117.

Reactions: Mike1117

·
Registered
4,673 Posts
The decision between the two should come down to which one fits your needs better, not which one is the newer design.
Absolutely.

·
Registered
120 Posts
The new Cayenne Turbo/Coupe is a great SUV. It is a bigger vehicle but with the lowering air suspension, rear wheel steering, PTV+ and sport chronos, you don't notice the size except where comfort counts. I recently drove 1500 miles r/t to my sister's place in Wilmington NC and it was a total blast. The rear wheel steering on the Cayenne is a game changer - much more so than in my 991 Turbo S! When you turn the steering wheel on a sharp turn, the rear-end rotates like it was going to go out but of course it just sticks to the road like glue and makes the turn effortlessly on a dime - it really is a must have option on a bigger/heavier vehicle like the Cayenne. I don't miss my Macan GTS at all. The Cayenne with the above options drives just as good. It gets the fresh look and better tech - oh yeah, the heads-up display is another do not miss option. The down side is that it's twice the cost of the Macan GTS.
I just saw your post. I have been waiting for someone to comment on the Cayenne Coupe, much less a Turbo. I saw one in the showroom months back when I was looking at a Macan S and really loved it. I ended up with the Macan S because I couldn't justify the extra cost and didn't really need the extra room. But the features were impressive and the look was real nice. I (my wife really) previously owned 2 BMW X5s and we felt the regular Cayenne would be too similar. I wanted something more fun and went with the Macan S. But I have my eye on the Cayenne Coupe for our next vehicle. Funny, but I have yet to see one on the road.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I really like the look of the Cayenne Coupe too - probably because it looks like a larger Macan! I’m glad it wasn’t available when I bought my 2018 Macan Turbo PP or I would have been torn about spending even more $$ to get the Coupe Turbo. But I love my Macan. Unlike many people on this forum, I’m planning to keep my Macan long term (20 years?) and basically treat it as my last vehicle purchase. I’m 5 years from retirement and need to stop making major purchases 😎

·
Registered
437 Posts
If you do keep your Macan truly long term (20 years?) it's almost a given that your next vehicle will be a battery powered electric vehicle. Personally, there is something about a high performance gasoline powered vehicle that I simply LOVE, which is why I hope to keep our forthcoming GTS going strong for many years to come.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
If you do keep your Macan truly long term (20 years?) it's almost a given that your next vehicle will be a battery powered electric vehicle. Personally, there is something about a high performance gasoline powered vehicle that I simply LOVE, which is why I hope to keep our forthcoming GTS going strong for many years to come.
Sewing machines are not high on either of our Christmas lists.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts