Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At a Concours during set up early yesterday morning, a 59 Cadillac Biarritz convertible rolled backwards off its trailer and struck the drivers side rear panel of my Macan. The impact drove the passenger side rear rim into the concrete curb hard enough to damage the curb. I haven’t gotten the repair estimate yet but with cosmetic and suspension damage I guess it will be a long and expensive repair. Ordered my 2020 Macan S, my third Macan S since May of 2014, today...

Stay tuned...

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Too bad!

Did the owner of the Caddy accept responsibility & you have his insurance info?

You will want a diminished value claim as well.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I’m trying to figure out posting the pics. Insurance is alerted, we had police at this event and they got all the necessary info and I’m also on to the diminished value claim. Could have been much worse with a 2 and a half ton missile on the loose gathering speed as it continued down the street. I think I “took one for the team”...for sure it could have been catastrophic had it hit someone instead of my Macan. The owner was apparently there but neglected to say anything to me personally. I’m not sure what to make of that but I have an opinion I’ll keep to myself 😬

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The caddy shoved the Macan against the curb so the wheel on the passenger side rear chewed into the high concrete curb there. Looks like minimal damage on both sides of the Macan but unfortunately the Caddy hit with such force there is suspension damage underneath. I really loved these wheels which were available on the 2018 in a 20 inch. On the 2020, they are only available in a 21 inch and for more than $3 grand. I picked a different wheel for my 2020 because I like the ride with 20 inch the most.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Really sorry, hope you'll get everything sorted.

"The owner was apparently there but neglected to say anything to me personally. I’m not sure what to make of that but I have an opinion I’ll keep to myself" o_O

I have an opinion too, I suspect it matches yours.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It hardly looks like the Caddy was damaged. :|
Unbelievable as it may seem, the big bully iron car pinned my poor Macan against a curb. There wasn’t even a scratch on the Caddy and a perfect impression of the right tail light in my back panel. They sure use to build tanks for Americans to drive...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Unbelievable as it may seem, the big bully iron car pinned my poor Macan against a curb. There wasn’t even a scratch on the Caddy and a perfect impression of the right tail light in my back panel. They sure use to build tanks for Americans to drive...
The Macan would do way better protecting you in a crash than the Caddy. It hit a soft spot.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
...The owner was apparently there but neglected to say anything to me personally. I’m not sure what to make of that but I have an opinion I’ll keep to myself 😬
The silence from the owner says volumes.

No apology?!

Have no mercy re your legal options including lawsuit.

Teach the Caddy owner a lesson for carelessness & indifference to you.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The silence from the owner says volumes.

No apology?!

Have no mercy re your legal options including lawsuit.

Teach the Caddy owner a lesson for carelessness & indifference to you.
As someone correctly pointed out, I do need to make a claim for diminished value. it’s a shame too, I have never owned a better more solid and tightly built car in my life. I was really in love with the rims and I can’t even get those on the new car. Oh well, I can only hope the 2020 will be just as nice.

Again, so lucky no one was hurt and I’m fortunate to be in a position to buy another one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wow, at sucks. Just goes to show ya never know. God forbid you or someone else happened to be standing there.
I was actually standing next to the passenger side up on the curb just inches away, I watched the whole thing unfold. Two guys with a giant Cadillac on a small one car trailer, on a grade and unbuckling the straps while no one was in the car. I heard a snap which was the strap unbuckling under pressure and the thing just took off. I couldn’t believe it took such an evil turn towards my car before it hit. In retrospect, I was happy it turned because anything else could have been horrible.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
About this Discussion
24 Replies
13 Participants
Gbkirsch
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing