Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finish installing the front sport lip on the macan. I have to figured it out
cause it doesn't come with instructions. I know a lot of people doesn't like it but I think it changes the plain appearance of the S.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All that matters is that you like it. Oh, and that I like it. And I do. Looks great. What did it take to attach it and where did you get it?
Got it from suncoast parts . It uses the factory mounting points. Remove the factory front underbody panel and install the sport lip spoiler but you have to replace and add some parts that comes with the kit.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Nice. Can you point us to the exact part on suncoast?

I would love to see the lip on a black or VG S grille.

Fwiw, I've come to feel that the S is actually, counterintuitively, the best looking grille. In looking at GTS and turbo grilles they both have a smaller front air intake grille, making the S more aggressive looking for some reason. The only comparison I can come to is the Cayenne. I hate most cayennes. And those that look ok have massive front air intake grilles. Those with smaller grilles look uglier.

All Macan grilles look better than any Cayenne, but crazily the S seems the most aggressive.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. Can you point us to the exact part on suncoast?

I would love to see the lip on a black or VG S grille.

Fwiw, I've come to feel that the S is actually, counterintuitively, the best looking grille. In looking at GTS and turbo grilles they both have a smaller front air intake grille, making the S more aggressive looking for some reason. The only comparison I can come to is the Cayenne. I hate most cayennes. And those that look ok have massive front air intake grilles. Those with smaller grilles look uglier.

All Macan grilles look better than any Cayenne, but crazily the S seems the most aggressive.
They can be found in the exterior acc. for the macan s. It is called the front sport lip spoiler. It is the black part under the bumper. As you can see the pics. above.

·
Registered
429 Posts

·
Registered
949 Posts
I like it. Makes the nose look less pointy.

·
Registered
429 Posts
What kind of pisses me off is that when I ordered my MY17 Macan it showed as having the lip in the configurator. But I'll need to spend at least $575 to get what I was shown.

·
Premium Member
4,209 Posts
Finally finish installing the front sport lip on the macan. I have to figured it out
cause it doesn't come with instructions. I know a lot of people doesn't like it but I think it changes the plain appearance of the S.
@bryan03tls I think it looks great. Never understood those who complained last year that they might get it. Funny that on many performance cars, things like that are considered an enhancement (Porsche Aero/Cup kit on the 911, etc), but people here were up in arms about it. I chalk it up to people just like to complain, and seek out an avenue for release...

Anyway, I really like it. Nice Mod.

·
Registered
429 Posts
front lip with black hood crest.
Could you possibly do an up-close zoom in straight on into the grille? Do you think there would be enough space for a show-n-go plate in the gap between the bottom of the painted front bumper and the lip?

Here's a show-n-go bumper being demonstrated on a Turbo, but there's no gap in the grille for an S or GTS wide enough to mount it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMmgGXUW-_g

·
Registered
904 Posts
Could you possibly do an up-close zoom in straight on into the grille? Do you think there would be enough space for a show-n-go plate in the gap between the bottom of the painted front bumper and the lip?

Here's a show-n-go bumper being demonstrated on a Turbo, but there's no gap in the grille for an S or GTS wide enough to mount it.

I have a brand new show-n-go like the one shown on the video, bought almost 3 years ago and never installed it. I found out that in Texas not having a front plate is a minuscule fine, which you can dismiss by showing a picture of your vehicle with the plate installed (or taped with double sided tape temporarily...), but if you have the show-n-go that is considered a Cass B misdemeanor! WTF?!

Here's what a Texas lawyer posted in the BMW forum:

"- The motorized plate flippers are now illegal in Texas. Possession of one is a Class B misdemeanor bearing maximum punishment of 180 days in the county jail and up to a $2,000 fine. (The same level of offense and punishment as a first offense DWI or a first offense marijuana possession case). This is a higher crime than just a ticket. It is an arrestable offense. "

·
Registered
429 Posts
I have a brand new show-n-go like the one shown on the video, bought almost 3 years ago and never installed it. I found out that in Texas not having a front plate is a minuscule fine, which you can dismiss by showing a picture of your vehicle with the plate installed (or taped with double sided tape temporarily...), but if you have the show-n-go that is considered a Cass B misdemeanor! WTF?!

Here's what a Texas lawyer posted in the BMW forum:

"- The motorized plate flippers are now illegal in Texas. Possession of one is a Class B misdemeanor bearing maximum punishment of 180 days in the county jail and up to a $2,000 fine. (The same level of offense and punishment as a first offense DWI or a first offense marijuana possession case). This is a higher crime than just a ticket. It is an arrestable offense. "
Yikes. I wonder what the law in WA is.

·
Registered
7,568 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
...."- The motorized plate flippers are now illegal in Texas. Possession of one is a Class B misdemeanor bearing maximum punishment of 180 days in the county jail and up to a $2,000 fine....."
Perhaps that comment is actually referring one of these devices, rather than the Show-n-Go unit....

License Plate Flipper

·
Registered
429 Posts
...."- The motorized plate flippers are now illegal in Texas. Possession of one is a Class B misdemeanor bearing maximum punishment of 180 days in the county jail and up to a $2,000 fine....."
Perhaps that comment is actually referring one of these devices, rather than the Show-n-Go unit....

License Plate Flipper
Good point. The hide-a-plate isn't really a 'flipper'.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Not possible for the show-n-go plate.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 53 Posts