Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've really enjoyed Macan Forum over the last 60 days, which led to me buying this clean 2021 Macan. The unique spec & 5 Year CPO unlimited mile warranty really sold me on the Macan & the dealership made it such a seamless process.

As a 38 year old lifelong Entrepreneur, I've mainly built & sold multiple niche SMB, finding myself driving customized off-road trucks in the past- including long-travel Ford Rangers, Explorer (Pre Gymkhana, Ford Raptor days), Chevy HD2500, etc. Anyhow, I had a kid & went through a personal bankruptcy that dropped me to a 380 FICO, so the last 8 years was spent in a Kia Soul & Toyota Prius. I've always aspired to own a Porsche 911 & after so many years of hard work & getting back up to a 700+ FICO again, I decided this would be my first Porsche & have been enjoying the experience thus far!

However, 2 weeks after picking it up at the dealership, someone bumps into the passenger side while my GF is driving! Fortunately it wasn't her fault & she is OK, but I was so impressed with how the vehicle protected her. In the end, their insurance paid for my bodyshop to fix the damage & I convinced them to paint the front spoiler, side skirts, & rear bumper/diffuser to match, alongside powdercoating the 19" Macan turbo wheels gloss black!

I tinted the windows, smoked out the side lens & dropped in a K&N filter. Looking at the other tuning/braking options now, otherwise I'm really loving my rootbeer rocketship lol

It would be great to connect, learn from & collaborate with like minded people!

Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

· Registered
60 Posts
I've really enjoyed Macan Forum over the last 60 days, which led to me buying this clean 2021 Macan Base- with unlimited mile CPO factory warranty through 2027. The CPO warranty really sold me on the foreseen longterm reliability of the Macan & the dealership made it such a seamless process.

As a 38 year old lifelong Entrepreneur, I've mainly built & sold multiple niche SMB, finding myself driving customized off-road trucks in the past- including long-travel Ford Rangers, Explorer (Pre Gymkhana, Ford Raptor days), Chevy HD2500, etc. Anyhow, I had a kid & went through a personal bankruptcy that dropped me to a 380 FICO, so the last 8 years was spent in a Kia Soul & Toyota Prius. I've always aspired to own a Porsche 911 & after so many years of hard work & getting back up to a 700+ FICO again, I decided this would be my first Porsche & have been enjoying the experience thus far!

However, 2 weeks after picking it up at the dealership, someone bumps into the passenger side while my GF is driving! Fortunately it wasn't her fault & she is OK, but I was so impressed with how the vehicle protected her. In the end, their insurance paid for my bodyshop to fix the damage & I convinced them to paint the front spoiler, side skirts, & rear bumper/diffuser to match, alongside powdercoating the 19" Macan turbo wheels gloss black!

Otherwise, I've had the windows tinted, smoked out the side lens & dropped in a K&N filter. Looking at the other tuning/braking options now, otherwise I'm really loving my rootbeer rocketship lol

It would be great to connect, learn from & collaborate with like minded people in LA to create great futures!

View attachment 260983 View attachment 260982
View attachment 260981
"As a 38 year old lifelong Entrepreneur, I've mainly built & sold multiple niche SMB"

Interesting. We have a similar situation. 42 year old former paramedic. On my own (no partners or investors) built a small (ish) Bitcoin ATM business in 2019 that grew to 72 locations in California and Florida - recently acquired by a larger company. Proud owner of a 22 GTS.

I'm in the Inland Empire and am always looking to learn and collaborate with like minded individuals as well.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Interesting Indeed! Currently, I manage product(s) under development within financial technology. You can see what me & some talented UK folks @ Mastercard, Idemia, Mclear, GPS, W2 & more are doing here: www.eFintechForum.com

Success is never guaranteed & I'm sure that we have a ways to go to achieve our goals. I sure would love to check out the GTS, so let's eat

· Registered
60 Posts
Interesting Indeed! Currently, I manage product(s) under development within financial technology. You can see what me & some talented UK folks @ Mastercard, Idemia, Mclear, GPS, W2 & more are doing here: www.eFintechForum.com & there's plenty of room at our table.

I work from my home in Studio City, but actually used to live in the Inland Empire for many years in the olden days, where randomly enough I did promotions at InCahoots Night Club in Riverside, Lake Elsinore MX & Diamond Stadium, Perris Speedway SXS Racing- all pre '08, ha! Event production is actually which led me to personal bankruptcy, plus I've gone in a new direction, but it sure was fast times!

Success is never guaranteed & I'm sure that we have a ways to go to achieve our goals. I sure would love to check out the GTS, so let's eat

Travis Matthew
www.linkedin.com/in/travissiflinger/
How funny. Back in the day I was a house music DJ and played at Incahoots and Cadillacs in Riverside. Some dude named Chris ran it.

Anyways, II never used Linkedin for much so its pretty bare but I'll hit you up on there.

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice ride!
Thanks Dawg! Although gas has been painful here in So Cal lately, this unfortunate situation worked in my favor, so I'm hyped.

Here's a photo of the damages for a better before & after. The body shop ended up taking close to 30 days, but their work was flawless & you can't tell the difference between new/repair work totalling $14k in damages- ouch

Wheel Tire Car Automotive parking light Vehicle

· Registered
2021 Macan
205 Posts
Congratulations! Looks fantastic, and wish you the best with your first Porsche!

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Rootbeer rocketship"!

I love it! I was taken by the color in the first place but that just added a whole new flavor to it!

And your warranty...nice.
Haha, ya I cracked up when a family friend came up with that name! Sure would like to have my garage looking like yours! Thanks, I'm definitely looking forward to many worry-free years ahead with the car

1 - 19 of 19 Posts