Porsche Macan Forum banner

181 - 185 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
The tech at Loeber Porsche has a youtube video on retrofitting Apple Carplay on a 2017 Macan Turbo.
This is exactly what was done on my 2017 Macan S. For those interested its available at:

·
Registered
81 Posts
And once you do get CarPlay, make sure to get Carplay2air. Once you have wireless CarPlay you can't live without it!

·
Registered
13 Posts
I checked at the dealer and was told that wireless CarPlay was not available as a retrofit. The rumor is that Apple will discontinue the lightening port after the latest version of the iPhone that's due to be launched at the end of this year. With millions of cars equipped with CarPlay that requires a lightening port I am sure Apple will have a solution. (I am aware that 3rd parties now offer solutions to convert from wired to wireless CarPlay, but waiting for a more integrated solution perhaps with wireless charging)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Carplay2air is a dongle that provides wireless CarPlay for cars that only have wired CarPlay- its seamless and works like a charm. If you are creative, it also possible to add a wireless charging pad using the pass through USB. Of course finding some place for all the hardware is the hard part.

·
Premium Member
3,834 Posts
The P-Tech channel on YouTube recently added the following video showing CarPlay retrofit on a 2017 Macan Turbo.

According to the notes accompanying the video:

"Apple CarPlay can be installed on model year 2017 Macan and newer."

"For vehicles without Voice Control an updated steering column switch assembly must be installed. For vehicles without Navigation, a GPS antenna must be installed."

Enjoy! (y)

181 - 185 of 185 Posts