Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and in the process of deciding on a 2022 Macan S (currently driving a 2019 BMW 540i). Great forum, and a lot of useful info!

As I tweak my build on a (pretty much!) daily basis, there are a few thing I wanted to get opinions on:
1. The 2022 S has PASM as part of its standard build - is the air suspension an important addition?
2. 14-way vs. the 18-way adaptive seats. I am leaning 18-way seat, but is the additional spend worth it?
3. The Surround View - useful?
4. Other misc options - heated windshield, - worth it? (I live in NJ)
5. And finally, the Atlanta Delivery experience - opinions? If I do it, I would want to drive the car back to New Jersey...

Thanks in advance! Here's my build (for today):

·
Registered
223 Posts
1. AS is great on the Macan. No float, yet does a great job of smoothing out the bumps. Also the visual of the car in the lower mode is so much better (not as good as a GTS, but next best).
2. 14-way vs 18-way is about much more then the $$. They are different experiences. If possible would suggest finding both local in any new or used (old models are the same seats) Macan and try them for your body. You will get different opinions with pluses and minus for both. I have the 18 ways and for me they the best seats ever and would never opt for the 14 way (all very personal). I am very glad I waited extra time through the chip shortage to get them.
3. Surround View is great and works well. Resolution is better then the backup camera and clear enough. Keep in mind the resolution of the back up camera on the Macan is horrible compared to most new cars. Your BMW backup camera will blow the Macans out of the water. Even my business older 2018 Ford Transit van with the little back up camera view in the rearview mirror is 10x better then the Macan. From what I understand it's not changed at all on the 2022, it a joke at this price point.
4. Heated Windshield - no experience being in California, but I can imagine would be nice in NJ winters.
5. PEC Delivery is supposed to be excellent. Do not think I have read a bad review of that experience no matter what P car model.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If I had my build to do over I'd add white instrument dials and surround view w/park assist. I had the white dials in my 2017 base and I miss them. The dark gray tach in the S is too dark and hard to see in the daytime. The black speedometer next to it you can barely see at all. Surround view would be nice and for an additional $350 add park assist.

Reactions: SEAMacanTurbo

·
Registered
2022 Macan Base Miami Blue (On order)
125 Posts
Hi, I'm new to the forum, and in the process of deciding on a 2022 Macan S (currently driving a 2019 BMW 540i). Great forum, and a lot of useful info!

As I tweak my build on a (pretty much!) daily basis, there are a few thing I wanted to get opinions on:
1. The 2022 S has PASM as part of its standard build - is the air suspension an important addition?
2. 14-way vs. the 18-way adaptive seats. I am leaning 18-way seat, but is the additional spend worth it?
5. And finally, the Atlanta Delivery experience - opinions? If I do it, I would want to drive the car back to New Jersey...

I think your build is excellent; you hit the sweet spot with your option choices. The only consideration you might want to make is adding the premium plus package. You basically have all the options listed in the package except pano roof so you would be able to add that option for a good discount. Pano roof is good for resale if that matters to you.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Surround view nowadays is a must have, even for a smaller vehicle like the Macan. It just might save you from curbing your fancy new wheels or scratching a bumper.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Welcome mate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. AS is great on the Macan. No float, yet does a great job of smoothing out the bumps. Also the visual of the car in the lower mode is so much better (not as good as a GTS, but next best).
2. 14-way vs 18-way is about much more then the $$. They are different experiences. If possible would suggest finding both local in any new or used (old models are the same seats) Macan and try them for your body. You will get different opinions with pluses and minus for both. I have the 18 ways and for me they the best seats ever and would never opt for the 14 way (all very personal). I am very glad I waited extra time through the chip shortage to get them.
3. Surround View is great and works well. Resolution is better then the backup camera and clear enough. Keep in mind the resolution of the back up camera on the Macan is horrible compared to most new cars. Your BMW backup camera will blow the Macans out of the water. Even my business older 2018 Ford Transit van with the little back up camera view in the rearview mirror is 10x better then the Macan. From what I understand it's not changed at all on the 2022, it a joke at this price point.
4. Heated Windshield - no experience being in California, but I can imagine would be nice in NJ winters.
5. PEC Delivery is supposed to be excellent. Do not think I have read a bad review of that experience no matter what P car model.
Thanks for the detailed inputs. I'm now thinking seriously on AS. I am mostly sold on the 18-way seat (but will check it once before I finalize) and will get Surround View. I think I will live without the heated windshield and will do PEC Atlanta delivery (need to figure out logistics on the home-front).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If I had my build to do over I'd add white instrument dials and surround view w/park assist. I had the white dials in my 2017 base and I miss them. The dark gray tach in the S is too dark and hard to see in the daytime. The black speedometer next to it you can barely see at all. Surround view would be nice and for an additional $350 add park assist.
I never considered changing the dial color.....in my attempt to not add to build cost. Interesting insight - thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think your build is excellent; you hit the sweet spot with your option choices. The only consideration you might want to make is adding the premium plus package. You basically have all the options listed in the package except pano roof so you would be able to add that option for a good discount. Pano roof is good for resale if that matters to you.
Thanks. Broadly, I looked to only add features that I thought I would really need / use (and keep a check on total build cost).

With the Premium package, I like the LCA, Heated Seats and PDLS+, but don't think the Bose is worth the $1K.

With Premium Plus, its 2.5K for ventilated seats (never missed it) and Pano (I've barely used my moon roof).....but I take your point on re-sale value....maybe I get the Premium package (with Bose), to make it easier to describe the car for re-sale.

Though I am likely going to lease!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Delivery at Porsche facility in Atlanta is fantastic and well worth it. However, under current conditions (covid) this could add one or two months to the delivery time. Check with your SA.

·
Registered
266 Posts

1. Yes, in my opinion the AS for Macan really transform the feel and handling. Plus the lowered stance is a plus, and the raised option during off-road will help during flash flood, or when you do go on some light off roading.
2. We got the 18 and love it. As far as it being worth it, that all depends on you, your body type, and whether you prefer more bolstering or not. I suggest you try sitting on both and decide that way.
3. Yes for surround view. There are too many hazardous/weird curbs these days especially around fast food/coffee drive thru lines. Plus you mentioned that you're in NJ? Yeah, I would get the surround view, no question asked. We use the surround view almost daily.
4. That all depends, are you going to garage your Macan? We don't use the heated windshield often, but we do take ski trips at least once a year and I like to be prepared for the worst. I hate it when the temp are crazy low outside that your windshield keep freezing up from the sprays from the car ahead of you.
5. If you like to drive or at least somewhat interested in motorsports (which I suspect you are) then yes it is worth it. We did it a couple years ago, took a little detour south to Disney World afterwards, and drove home to TX.

Reactions: mux

·
Registered
3 Posts
We decided on the 14-way seats because the bolster isn't as high as the 18-way and thus it makes ingress/egress a little easier. We also added air suspension to allow us to lower it slightly as Reanard noted.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I vote yes on air suspension, I love mine and the lower ride height and adjustability are nice.

I also have the 18-way seats and love them too, just make sure you can sit in the 18-way before you order, they are not for everyone, they are sporty and can be tight on larger individuals. They can also make entry and exit a little more challenging for some.

Surround view sounds nice but I don't have it on my macan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I vote yes on air suspension, I love mine and the lower ride height and adjustability are nice.

I also have the 18-way seats and love them too, just make sure you can sit in the 18-way before you order, they are not for everyone, they are sporty and can be tight on larger individuals. They can also make entry and exit a little more challenging for some.

Surround view sounds nice but I don't have it on my macan.
Thanks MWH81 and MacanBlu. I was at the dealership today, and actually liked both the 14-way and the 18-way seats. The point on the ingress and egress is well made. Will update on where I land, appreciate the inputs.

·
Registered
4,173 Posts
Thanks for the detailed inputs. I'm now thinking seriously on AS. I am mostly sold on the 18-way seat (but will check it once before I finalize) and will get Surround View. I think I will live without the heated windshield and will do PEC Atlanta delivery (need to figure out logistics on the home-front).
Do not make the mistake of choosing the sets without trying them. It is not about money. It is about how you fit in each of the seats. I tried to fit myself on the 18 way but couldn’t feel comfortable at all. Bought the 14 way and couldn’t be happier. You have to try before you buy it.

Reactions: MacanBlu
1 - 16 of 16 Posts