Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching mud guards for my new Macan. Looking at Amazon there are many sellers but basically it appears that there are only two styles, the ones with the 4 vertical stripes or the ones with the Macan script on the rears. My question is in regard to the ones with the Macan script. Based on the pictures shown by the vendors it appears that the mounting surface on the front guards is very narrow and you would be required to drill mounting holes into the metal fender lip. Is there enough overlap that you could secure the guard by putting screws into the plastic inner fender liner and not drill into the fender?.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I bought the set with Macan script. The rear set installed easily. The front set have a channel that fits over the inside of the fender. They were far to narrow to fit over the inside of the fender. 2020 Macan.

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
I had the same result as Sparkydog with the Macan script set.
i bought the vertical stripes set from these guys on eBay and they fit front and rear on my 2020 and I received them in 2 weeks to Colorado.
The description didn’t include 2020 but they fit.

Not a big fan of the stripes and they‘re almost unnoticeable but they’re ok until something better comes along
On the front , 2 of the holes fit factory screws perfectly and I drilled out for the top 2 on the fender lip
Didn't need to remove tire so it was Cake
i didn’t install the rears because my rear valence isn’t painted so a bit if spray is ok and I think it looks better to me.
on my pics you can see the splash back before I installed the front set
View media item 12038

·
Registered
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
183 Posts
Best mod ever. Toss those mud flaps on and treat your car to winter. View attachment 236605
Those don’t look bad at all with the black valance. How much do they help with keeping it clean? With winter here I’m amazed at how quickly the back of my Macan is filthy here in the northwest, and getting tired of claying it in the cold and rain.

I can’t believe no one has made carbon fiber ones for the Macan. My buddy has them for his Shelby GT500, and with my GTS having carbon side blades they would be a no brainer.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
I bought a set of the mudflaps off ebay a year or so ago, based on all the threads on this topic here. But I've yet to put them on.

I'm concerned about drilling through any metal, lest I encourage rust, and void that part of the warranty.

Also, and contrasting to that, if I put them on, I want them to be on solidly, e.g., not hanging on without a full complement of screws. That's because we frequently, especially in the winter, take the car through car washes.

I gave WeatherTech my email way back when, so that they'd let me know when they start making their drill-less mud flaps for the Macan. So far, I'm still waiting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't have mine yet but my plan for attaching the fronts is to use 3M Body Moulding tape instead of drilling holes in the metal fender lip. Would supplement this by using screws on the plastic inner fender liner.

·
Registered
408 Posts
I have a lined set that a detailer installed 5+ years ago. They've held up well and protected the sides of the Macan well. Additional plus is they help you not to throw outrageous spray behind you in the wet to vehicles following you.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Those don’t look bad at all with the black valance. How much do they help with keeping it clean? With winter here I’m amazed at how quickly the back of my Macan is filthy here in the northwest, and getting tired of claying it in the cold and rain.

I can’t believe no one has made carbon fiber ones for the Macan. My buddy has them for his Shelby GT500, and with my GTS having carbon side blades they would be a no brainer.
What they are super good at is keeping sand and rocks from damaging your paint and side blades.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts