Porsche Macan Forum banner
141 - 160 of 186 Posts

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
@Santirx u rock. Thank you.

side note: does optic cable have to be disconnectedfor the update? The reason I ask is that I now have an SD card extender and wonder if I could just use the extender to stick the as card and power cycle the unit by turning key off (and open driver door) and on. If it requires disconnecting MOST bus then I have to find new place for Mr12v unit.
I think @Don16 researched the fiber optic question you bring and determined it doesn’t have to be disconnected. However, if you go the microSD card extension route, probably the best way to update is by:

1. Pull PCM fuse
2. Insert microSD card
3. Reinstall fuse (making sure PCM turns on)
4. Wait at least 1 minute (because you won’t have access to see the LED light)
5. Pull fuse again
6. Remove microSD
7. Reinstall fuse

Of course, this procedure is untested so I don’t even know if it’s going to work.

Also, during last update, both @Don16 and I had issues where the update kept cycling and was not done appropriately, causing the fiber ring to turn off and no video display or audio. I could see the LED going through cycles of update without finishing. We had to revert firmware revision and then update again for it to take it. It would be more difficult to recognize these issues if you have no access to see the LED light. Not impossible though. I haven’t tell this experience to Mr12volt. I’m gonna wait a bit and tell them because firmware updates should be straight forward.

· Registered
30 Posts
Reached out to Mr12Volt for troubleshooting for my wireless carplay connection issues. They recommended updating to the latest firmware. The audioshop installed the module at the junction of the passenger side of the center console and the footwell. For the life of me, I have not been able to pull back the carpeted floor so that I can get access to the module. Does anyone have instructions on removing the passenger side floor?

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Reached out to Mr12Volt for troubleshooting for my wireless carplay connection issues. They recommended updating to the latest firmware. The audioshop installed the module at the junction of the passenger side of the center console and the footwell. For the life of me, I have not been able to pull back the carpeted floor so that I can get access to the module. Does anyone have instructions on removing the passenger side floor?
I recommend you start by removing 3 trims…

1. The cover under glove compartment (3 plastic nuts).
Tire Plant Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle

2. Then, there is a side trim (a small trim you pull out on the side).
Automotive tire Sleeve Automotive design Grey Carbon

3. You could also remove the center console side trim (passenger side).
Hood Automotive design Vehicle Automotive tire Car

That should give you some access…. If not, let us know. If I were the installer, those would be the only 3 I would remove… but not sure what they did. I installed mine in a way that I only need to remove the cover with the 3 plastic nuts…

· Registered
53 Posts
Two issues:
1. I removed pcm, inserted as card, connected power. LEDs flashed, stoped flashing, then started flashing again. The documentation says it should stop flashing. It’s an endless loop. Flashing 10sec, not flashing. This is with 32gb sd card directly plugged into the unit.
2. t still having issues with mic. Checked connection again, but the same issue exists. When I listen to voice memo recorded with mic in the car, it does seem like the mic voltage is way too high and saturated as soon as I start talking.
anyone has suggestions?

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 ·
Two issues:
1. I removed pcm, inserted as card, connected power. LEDs flashed, stoped flashing, then started flashing again. The documentation says it should stop flashing. It’s an endless loop. Flashing 10sec, not flashing. This is with 32gb sd card directly plugged into the unit.
2. t still having issues with mic. Checked connection again, but the same issue exists. When I listen to voice memo recorded with mic in the car, it does seem like the mic voltage is way too high and saturated as soon as I start talking.
anyone has suggestions?
@Ymaval, it seems there is an issue with this specific firmware upgrade that causes this loop. @Don16 and I experienced the same issue.

What I did to solve it was reinstalled previous firmware version again (the one that finish with file name 2.3), rebooted the Mr12Volt and then reinstalled the latest version again (file name ending in 2.5). That solved the issue for me and @Don16 as well.

· Registered
443 Posts
Not at car at the moment ……in the phone settings somewhere ?..it’s definitely there.
Setting the microphone volume
Press the phone button.
Press the option button or touch the tab of the same name in the header.
Select “Telephone settings”
“ Mic volume”.
Make the setting you want by turning the right rotary knob q or by selecting the two symbols and .

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

· Registered
53 Posts
Thank you folks. What would I do without this great community. Updates:
  • Software update: @Santirx fixed it for me. I now have the most recent update. Have to do intermediate update first before switching to the most recent. If u need the file feel free to pm Santirx or I. I could share the intermediate update file with you to save Santirx from having to answer too many messages.
  • update with an card extension: it did work. I’m going to keep the unit where it is and route the extension to glovebox.
  • mic issue: I think I may have inserted the white connector flipped after wiring the mic. I marked it, but only after removal. I may have missed the correct orientation. Mr12v should make it such that it doesn’t fit the wrong way. So it may be wrong connection between PCM and Mr12v. Ends up in a situation where I have correct pins going to Mr12v, wrong ones to PCM, hence the noise that is actually a digital data pushed by PCM. I’ll flip it around and require the mic. somehow I think that it is the issue. Will update.

· Registered
17 Posts
Just ordered Mr12volt unit. A bit nervous about the installation since I've never done this before. Will rely on @Santirx installation video (thank you again!).

Curious where you guys put your iPhones when you're in the car? Do you have a charger? Put it in the cup holder?

Would be great is someone could make a MagSafe charger to replace the CD unit--flip down the CD door and have a MagSafe charger there...

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
Just ordered Mr12volt unit. A bit nervous about the installation since I've never done this before. Will rely on @Santirx installation video (thank you again!).

Curious where you guys put your iPhones when you're in the car? Do you have a charger? Put it in the cup holder?

Would be great is someone could make a MagSafe charger to replace the CD unit--flip down the CD door and have a MagSafe charger there...
Well.. you had to ask…😊

I designed and 3d-printed my own phone holder for the underside of the center console lid. I can slide my phone in and out without having to open the lid. I insert the phone and it engages the MagSafe magnet. Push a bit more down and it connects to the wired connection. I’m a mechanical engineer, so I truly enjoy these projects. Designing and 3d printing is like the ultimate dream for me… Perfect…

The design is for iPhone 13 Pro Max… but can work with latest gen as well…

Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Air gun Machine

Musical instrument Wood Musical instrument accessory String instrument Hand tool

Ac adapter Wood Gadget Adapter Cable

Wood Bumper Electrical wiring Cable Data transfer cable

Output device Gadget Audio equipment Adapter Data transfer cable

Circuit component Wood Passive circuit component Electrical wiring Wire

Chair Automotive tire Gas Metal Auto part

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

I uploaded the design to Thingiverse, for anyone interested: Porsche Macan iPhone 13 Pro Max Holder - under armrest by Santimacan

· Registered
17 Posts
OMG! This is quite amazing and the coolest charger I've seen out there! I am not engineering-inclined and don't own a 3D printer so I'm SOL. I just know how to click on webpages and put in my credit card when it comes to things like this. Is this something you'd be willing to sell?

Do you see any possibility of reusing the CD slot for something like this?

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
OMG! This is quite amazing and the coolest charger I've seen out there! I am not engineering-inclined and don't own a 3D printer so I'm SOL. I just know how to click on webpages and put in my credit card when it comes to things like this. Is this something you'd be willing to sell?

Do you see any possibility of reusing the CD slot for something like this?
CD slot can’t be used. It is an integral part of PCM3.1.

As far as the 3d design, I would download from Thingiverse and have someone that do 3d printing for living print it. Have them print in polycarbonate. This part takes a long time to print.

Note that no one can commercialize this part per terms I established in Thingiverse.

· Registered
53 Posts
I just don't get it. I have checked wiring a few times. When the car is on, the OEM mic has a ton of noise. As if it’s picking it up interference from a digital bus. It’s not usable for calls when connected to Mr12volt. I have run out of things to try… I even opened up the mic in the roof. It’s a complicated mic setup with a large and a small mic plus pre-amp. Four wires go to it. Two of the wires are directly connected to: mic1 shield and mic 1+. The other two could be vcc and gnd. Haven’t checked yet. I may try connecting a mic to the two wires and see what happens. The issue wasn’t miss-connected pins. It wasn’t saturation either. It’s just interference when car is on. With car off, mic is acceptable.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #160 · (Edited)
It seems is a ground issue. Did you connect to the right ground wire (mic shield)? The same thing happened to me initially because I connected to incorrect ground. Did you selected the ground I circled in the diagram (mic shield)? In addition, after I made my connection, @Don16 connected only red wire to mic1+ and black ground wire to mic shield, as only two wires are really needed. You may want to try that.

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

Line Font Parallel Rectangle Circle

141 - 160 of 186 Posts