Porsche Macan Forum banner
121 - 140 of 186 Posts

· Registered
30 Posts
Having an issue where my wireless carplay will not connect after disconnecting (I get the Please Insert iPhone Message). I have to delete carplay from my iphone and then repair it every time I want to use it. This all started after I set up screen mirroring (as a side note I was not able to mirror fullscreen video onto it-just got a blank screen which was a drag). I have tries rebooting my iphone and rebooting the module without success. Wired carplay works without issue. Any thoughts on troubleshooting?

· Registered
53 Posts
Thanks for the update @Santirx
For the boot logo, I understand that they don’t want to use official Porsche logo. However if they allow loading our own image from usb drive or SD card, then we can do the sin of using Porsche logo on an aftermarket product. Just a thought.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #128 ·
Thanks for the update @Santirx
For the boot logo, I understand that they don’t want to use official Porsche logo. However if they allow loading our own image from usb drive or SD card, then we can do the sin of using Porsche logo on an aftermarket product. Just a thought.
The boot logo is modifiable, and we have the updated files from them. What I was asking for is the small Mr12volt icon to get into settings. In other systems like Isudar you have the Porsche icon. But not with Mr12volt.

I mean, this is Isudar icon:
Mobile phone Telephony Communication Device Gadget Portable communications device

This is Mr12volt icon… (image quality is not good in this photo because it was taken off a video, so image quality should not be compared based off of this photo):
Product Gadget Communication Device Font Display device

This is the icon they are saying it may be difficult to change…. But, if they give us the access (just like they did with the boot logo) then we could change the icon. I actually have the Porsche Icon that I used in Isudar.

But, honestly, this one doesn’t bother me as much. It would be a nice to have.

· Registered
53 Posts
I would also like to know what eq setting u r using as I’m struggling with getting the right eq.
do u use Mr12v eq only? Does pcm eq matter at all? Does PCM send that info to Bose amp or does it apply on its own?

I will PM you my EQ settings. I used REW with a UMIK-1 mic and just did a basic all channel eq at my listening position using the audiofrog house curve - although I prefer mine with a little more bass and mid bass punch so have +15db dialed in for the low range instead of 10. Although this is a pretty basic solution the Mr12volt is a pretty powerful eq tool. Disclaimer - I have Bose with replaced burm tweeters and drop in sub so this setting may not sound the same on your system.

· Registered
53 Posts
I see @Santirx
I agree that the icon isn’t as annoying. I have moved it tothe second screen and can live with it. Once I receive the SD card extender I will try updating Mr12v firmware and figure out how the boot logo is replaced.
Does firmware update help with image quality? The image quality limitation shows itself when using Spotify. it has a limited bit depth. I’ll take a photo to show what I mean.
The other issue I have is with the mic. I think I wired it wrong people say my sound feels like it’s coming from under water. I taped into those wires such that they are connected to both PCM and Mr12v. I wonder if I got the the ground pin wrong or if a wire disconnected when I was fitting PCM back in there.

The boot logo is modifiable, and we have the updated files from them. What I was asking for is the small Mr12volt icon to get into settings. In other systems like Isudar you have the Porsche icon. But not with Mr12volt.

I mean, this is Isudar icon:
View attachment 262588

This is Mr12volt icon… (image quality is not good in this photo because it was taken off a video, so image quality should not be compared based off of this photo):
View attachment 262589

This is the icon they are saying it may be difficult to change…. But, if they give us the access (just like they did with the boot logo) then we could change the icon. I actually have the Porsche Icon that I used in Isudar.

But, honestly, this one doesn’t bother me as much. It would be a nice to have.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #132 ·
I see @Santirx
I agree that the icon isn’t as annoying. I have moved it tothe second screen and can live with it. Once I receive the SD card extender I will try updating Mr12v firmware and figure out how the boot logo is replaced.
Does firmware update help with image quality? The image quality limitation shows itself when using Spotify. it has a limited bit depth. I’ll take a photo to show what I mean.
The other issue I have is with the mic. I think I wired it wrong people say my sound feels like it’s coming from under water. I taped into those wires such that they are connected to both PCM and Mr12v. I wonder if I got the the ground pin wrong or if a wire disconnected when I was fitting PCM back in there.
I don’t think any of the issued firmware updates resolves image quality. I never noticed image quality issues on mine, but I don’t use Spotify.

This is the firmware log that I took from their website…
Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

This could be another thing to ask… maybe refresh rate is set at 30Hz vs 60Hz or something like that. I’ll ask.

· Registered
53 Posts
Here is the image issue:
I have adjusted image settings and it seems like it has the right tone but the bit resolution of color depth is obviously low.

Attachments

· Premium Member
1,491 Posts
I would be interested to see if MR12V can improve this perceived video issue with firmware.

iSudar video quality is pretty good really. Following this !
It looks like Isudar is the way to go until any or all of these issues are resolved. Home screen I I still i still see the Porsche logo or Car Play screen with Isudar and definitely no resolution issues.

· Registered
2,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #136 ·
@Ymaval I’ll check on mine specifically with Spotify. I’ll also check PCM4.0 native CarPlay in my Cayman and see if there are any differences.

I’m prioritizing audio quality, so, really the resolution issues are secondary or tertiary issues in my view.

· Registered
53 Posts
@Santirx iSudar had clearly better image quality. It could produce more colors. Mr12v uses too few bits to represent the color intensity. Hence, gradual color changes look like this. It wouldn’t have costed them much to use better video. Im baffled by their choice.

· Registered
53 Posts
@Santirx u rock. Thank you.

side note: does optic cable have to be disconnectedfor the update? The reason I ask is that I now have an SD card extender and wonder if I could just use the extender to stick the as card and power cycle the unit by turning key off (and open driver door) and on. If it requires disconnecting MOST bus then I have to find new place for Mr12v unit.

121 - 140 of 186 Posts