Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 197 Posts

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Really interested to see if the splash screen can be changed. Seems silly, but that's almost a show stopper for me.
I asked that question to Mr12volt and told them that this is going to hinder their sales, especially with people that have remaining warranty in their cars. Hopefully they solve it in a future firmware release. It is annoying but for me (I don’t have any warranty left) the audio more than compensates the 3 milliseconds that the splash screen appears.

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
what does this system actually do ?
It adds CarPlay/Android Auto capabilities into PCM 3.1. Those are capabilities that are not native in PCM3.1, hence you need an aftermarket system (like Mr12volt) to add this capability.

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I received a response from Mr12volt regarding 3 issues I raised.

1. Mr12Volt splash screen: there is no way to remove the splash screen, but there is apparently a way to replace the Mr12volt logo by a different image…. They are going to send me instructions and files required. The Porsche Logo is already as a splash screen in boot up process… I’ll probably replace the Mr12volt splash screen with this…
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

2. The Mr12volt icon will take more time, but they said they will work to provide alternatives. I’m going to have to stay tuned on that one.

3. The use of factory microphone they said is their next big improvement with the P3000. So, I’m assuming that for me, it will require that I buythat new system and install when available. I’ll probably wait a few years before doing something like that.

I’ll keep you all posted with further communications and developments.

· Registered
22 Posts
I received a response from Mr12volt regarding 3 issues I raised.

1. Mr12Volt splash screen: there is no way to remove the splash screen, but there is apparently a way to replace the Mr12volt logo by a different image…. They are going to send me instructions and files required. The Porsche Logo is already as a splash screen in boot up process… I’ll probably replace the Mr12volt splash screen with this…
View attachment 257054

2. The Mr12volt icon will take more time, but they said they will work to provide alternatives. I’m going to have to stay tuned on that one.

3. The use of factory microphone they said is their next big improvement with the P3000. So, I’m assuming that for me, it will require that I buythat new system and install when available. I’ll probably wait a few years before doing something like that.

I’ll keep you all posted with further communications and developments.
It looks like it might be cheaper to get yourself a full set of PCM 4.0 than to test 3-4 sets of optional CarPlay modules.

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
It looks like it might be cheaper to get yourself a full set of PCM 4.0 than to test 3-4 sets of optional CarPlay modules.
I don’t know about that…☺. The issue with PCM 4 is that it comes with the rest of the car (2017 and up)…. Meaning, to upgrade to PCM4, I will need to trade my paid for Macan for a 2017/2018 Macan. Retrofitting a PCM4 in a 2015/16 model Macan is an almost impossible task (can be done, but the skill level is way above my pay grade)…

· Registered
55 Posts
Hi Santrix, since my ppm 3.1 does not have a Most25 plug in the back of the head unit, am I able to buy a helix most25 box to connect to the Mrvolt box? I'm running a Helix v twelve amp with my focal speakers. Does the helix most25 then use run to the amp via fiber optic cable?

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
If you don’t have MOST25, you don’t have PCM3.1… most likely CDR.

Im not sure if quad pinning aligns got both PCM3.1 and CDR. It would be good to get access to diagrams before buying… but theoretically you could connect Mr12Volt directly to a Helix box. But that’s in theory. I’m not sure though. For you, it would be a trial and a risk.

This is the quad diagram for PCM3.1. It would be good to get the diagram for your CDR, is that is what you have…

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 · (Edited)
Today, I experimented with factory mic… bought a 3.5mm plug harness wire and tested by taping into the mic 1 (+) to red wire left channel, mic 1 (-) to white wire right channel and ground of quad connector. There was a lot of interference that I assume was coming from ground, then I changed the ground wire to the mic shield wire of the quad connector to black wire ground.

I closely examined the Isudar quad harness and they tap into mic 1 (+) and ground. But they have a mono connection, while Mr12volt has a stereo connection, hence why I wired the two leads and ground.

Font Parallel Rectangle Number Pattern

3.5mm connector/harness
Line Font Parallel Rectangle Circle

Experimenting with the connections…
Electrical wiring Gas Electric blue Electrical supply Wire

Results after taping into mic 1 +/- and mic shield where fantastic. I was able to use factory mic to communicate with CarPlay/Siri. No interference and clear sound, including when making calls.

For final installation, I removed the pins and soldered the wires directly to the pin crimp side…
Shoe Musical instrument Hood Automotive lighting Automotive tire

finished product….

Hand Blue Sleeve Textile Gesture

Ugly microphone removed…
Car Automotive tire Automotive design Grey Personal luxury car

Tested while driving and results are very good.

· Registered
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 · (Edited)
Hi Santrix, since my ppm 3.1 does not have a Most25 plug in the back of the head unit, am I able to buy a helix most25 box to connect to the Mrvolt box? I'm running a Helix v twelve amp with my focal speakers. Does the helix most25 then use run to the amp via fiber optic cable?
I believe @Don16 confirmed, by accident, that Mr12volt won’t work in non-MOST25 head units like CDR. It seems having MOST25 in the head unit (like PCM 3.0 and 3.1 do) is a requirement. @Don16 didn’t plug the fiber in the right location to begin with and TV didn’t appear in the Tuner as an option. As soon as he plugged the MOST25 fiber in right location,the option appeared.

You can’t select CarPlay in Mr12volt without the TV option. So, if you have CDR, it seems you can’t install Mr12volt.

However, upon further research, it seems that it might be able to work with a fiber wire modification... See video below...

21 - 40 of 197 Posts