Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’m opening this thread to start discussion of a new CarPlay/AA system for PCM3.1 launched by Mr12Volt (www.Mr12volt.com).

I pre-ordered the system and received it last week (one of the first shipments). Installation video:

Mr12Volt Carplay Module Installation - PCM3.1 - Porsche Macan 2015

Given that I have installed the Joye system, then Isudar/Ebilaen, and now Mr12volt, that puts me in a unique position to compare the three systems. Review Video:

Mr12Volt Carplay REVIEW - PCM3.1 - Porsche Macan 2015

UPDATE: Mr12Volt Boot Up Logo change and Factory Mic Hack

The main reason I was driven to the Mr12volt solution is because is the only retrofit system in the market that uses native MOST optical signal transport for audio. Other systems use a Digital to Analog conversion through the AUX input which degrades signal. Mr12volt preserves digital audio signal from source to output.
Audio equipment Rectangle Carton Gadget Box
Finger Elbow Wrist Gas Thumb

Luggage and bags Sunglasses Bag Goggles Automotive tire

Hand Gadget Finger Electrical wiring Cable

UPDATE (11/20/2022): Review Update (video quality)

Mr12Volt - Long Term Review

·
Registered
2020 Macan S
399 Posts
You never cease to amaze me on modding your Macan, new projects one after another! Keep the video coming!

Reactions: Dmitry Demidov

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
Can’t wait to it. I just sent them a note about how to install it. I wish I could ship my Macan to you and have you install it. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: Dmitry Demidov

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you for the video! The most interesting thing is of course your comparative review. Very much looking forward to it.

Can you change the splash screen with the mr12 logo?
No way to do it from settings... Yeah, I don'y like it either. I wish there was a way to remove the mr12volt splash screen and change the mr12volt icon to a Porsche icon. That way, the system would be truly and fully integrated...

I'm going to ask them soon.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What about sound quality?
Sound quality is very good. Comparable with direct PCM connection. Doesn’t seem to have any effect or degradation in signal, as the other systems do by using analog input through AUX.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Maybe, but can’t tell. You’ll have more tuning options with this system, as you will see when I publish my review. That will allow you to tune your system more to your liking… but it will always be limited to the quality of your speakers and amplifier.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I’m working on a review video as I have the unique experience of having installed 3 different aftermarket CarPlay systems in my Macan (Joye, Isudar and now Mr12Volt). I’ll go through all the benefits and quirks of each…

As you may have seen in the video, I had to remove the Isudar/Ebilaen board to install Mr12volt.

As a preview of my review, the Mr12volt solution is the best one by a long mile… in most aspects, stability and ease of connection, audio quality are far superior. PCM system integration is the best of the 3 system, except microphone. Isudar leverages factory microphone while Joye and Mr12Volt requires a separate microphone.

Installation is the most difficult of the 3 systems tested. Isudar is only an internal module, so no wires to route to passenger’s well and although Joye is similar in which it has an external module that requires wire routing to passenger’s well, I give the edge to Joye in installation easiness because wires are longer.

My priority had always been audio, having spend several thousand dollars doing a full audio system revamp, having an aftermarket system with native MOST25, is a significant plus for me. And Mr12Volt doesn’t disappoint.

1 - 20 of 183 Posts