Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if I'm boring you. I'm just pretty excited about my new wheels. I've only driven it a few miles but I must say the AWD feels light years different than my former 991.2 C2 GTS. It just feels planted to the ground, hard to explain. Maybe it's just the new model. Anyway, I'm very happy with my build. I know it's not perfect for everyone but I really like the Chalk color, some call it primer or concrete but it looks amazing with the black bits. And honestly years ago I never thought I would go for an interior that was reddish but the Bordeaux/Black is fantastic. The 8 speed PDK is really something also. I'm still working on the electronics (PCM), big learning curve for me but I'll get there. I've always wanted a Targa, again not for everyone but I'm thrilled.
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, I'll be going for a drive.

·
Registered
10,246 Posts
Wow !! Congratulations ! I am looking forward to hearing a write of of the new car as well as a comparison to the last 991.2 GTS you had . I have been tinkering on the 992 config lately . Still waiting on the Gt3 and GTS . Also I think the better pic when I buy my next 911 will be the expression on my face after I write the check to pay it . I am still dethawing from my last Macan Turbo but seeing your car reminds me that it will be soon enough for me.

Congrats again !!

·
Registered
642 Posts
Sorry if I'm boring you. I'm just pretty excited about my new wheels.
You are . . . Most certainly. . . . Not boring us. I think you’ve chosen a combination that accentuates the Targa and that will take your breath away every time you walk out and see if. Like you, the red didn’t. Capture me at first. . . . But, seeing it in this combination is amazing. Well done.

Also I think the better pic when I buy my next 911 will be the expression on my face after I write the check to pay it .
Now. . . .THAT is funny. I can already picture that face.

😲

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Not too shabby! ;) The Bordeaux on Chalk is a stunning color combo. Here's to many safe & happy (s)miles with it!

I also like your minimized badging. Our Targa's butt end is way too busy. We keep talking about decluttering it, but haven't gotten around to doing so yet.

Reactions: muhney

·
Registered
5,034 Posts
Right before I ordered the C4S several weeks ago, one of the local dealers had a C2S cab in the same color combination, and the pics here absolutely don't do it justice. Wait until you see pics outside in the bright sunshine! And the Bordeaux is actually a much deeper, richer red with less orange in it versus what you see in the pics here.

With the holiday busyness I had not been thinking about the new car that much, but Munhey's post caused me to sign on to the Track Your Dream website. 14 days until the order locks. Seeing his pics is making me start to get excited again...

Reactions: SoCalS5 and muhney

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Larry, it took me 3 attempts to write the check. Couldn't fit the numbers on the check. :) But I'm good for a while. Still love my Macan and this car is everything I hoped it would be.

Reactions: vandit and Shark

·
Registered
642 Posts
Yeah . . . I keep going back and looking . . . you MUST get this car out into there natural light and get some photographs.

It really is stunning . . . .

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Definitely want to see some pics in natural lighting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here are some outdoor pics. They are a better representation of the exterior color.

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
Very cool a great choice for our AZ weather. 👍

·
Premium Member
2017 Panamera Turbo
1,377 Posts
**** that is sexy AF! Love my chalk Panamera I just got too. Chalk is such an awesome color. That new 911 design is amazing. Love the light bar at night

·
Premium Member
772 Posts
Wow, what a stunner. Congrats!

·
Registered
2017 Macan Turbo
41 Posts
I never would have thought to order that color combo. Now that I've seen the pictures I'd do it in a heartbeat. Great choices. Fabulous build.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Wow looks stunning 👍

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Spa day yesterday, added PPF and ceramic coat. I'm a true believer in clear bra's after owning my 2015 Macan without one and my 2018 Macan with. Especially here in Arizona, so many rock chips if you don't.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am in the market for a 992 targa. Do you still have the Porsche code? Would it still be valid after delivery?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts