Porsche Macan Forum banner
121 - 140 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
For those of you that recently had your orders moved up, I actually went in the opposite direction and was delayed for a month or two. In fact, my previously date fixed was even moved back to 9/10. So I guess I still have 3 more days to determine what I would like to change 😄. Only think I'm thinking of adding now is a trailer hitch in case I would like to add a bike rack. Does anyone know if adding a trailer hitch would eliminate the kick to open feature?

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
108 Posts
Sorry to hear about the delay, it looks like 6 moths is the magic number. Don't believe that there is kick to open feature offered at all on Macan. I had that on Mercedes wagon and it was nice but sometimes you looked kind of silly if the key fob was too far away.

·
Registered
124 Posts
@danamaria thank you, I think you're right! There is no kick to open trunk feature. Also, apparently there is no trailer hitch bike rack for a Macan from Porsche.

Anyways, here is my final build: PM5AX3L6 (I hope :rolleyes:).

·
Registered
30 Posts
My GTS should have been completed from body shop on 9/3... I emailed for an update and it has pushed to 10/15 for body shop entry. (chip shortage I am told) Now a December delivery. Oh my.... will these bad dreams ever come to an end?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
For those of you that recently had your orders moved up, I actually went in the opposite direction and was delayed for a month or two. In fact, my previously date fixed was even moved back to 9/10. So I guess I still have 3 more days to determine what I would like to change 😄. Only think I'm thinking of adding now is a trailer hitch in case I would like to add a bike rack. Does anyone know if adding a trailer hitch would eliminate the kick to open feature?
For the hitch option....Keep in mind on the GTS you will loose the bit more aggressive sport design rear facia if the hitch is added. Not a huge deal if you need the function but this visual nugget also not widely promoted.

·
Registered
124 Posts
For the hitch option....Keep in mind on the GTS you will loose the bit more aggressive sport design rear facia if the hitch is added. Not a huge deal if you need the function but this visual nugget also not widely promoted.
I did notice that! Therefore, I have decided to forgo the hitch.

My delivery also moved to Dec 3. I said screw it and added Atlanta Delivery, so that will push it back even further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #127 ·
I did notice that! Therefore, I have decided to forgo the hitch.

My delivery also moved to Dec 3. I said screw it and added Atlanta Delivery, so that will push it back even further.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah. I went back and forth on the hitch before my order locked as well and decided the same as you. I figure for the occasional need, would rather use the roof system and keep my GTS as much of a sport inspired GTS visually as possible. 😀🏎🏎

·
Registered
19 Posts
Latest update from our SA: blah, blah, blah, semiconductor shortage, blah, blah, blah, Body Control Module, blah, blah, blah, the vehicles brain when it comes to shifting, suspension changes, and other driving related features, blah, blah, blah, around Christmas.

So we are talking an original date of July 30, IIRC, to around Christmas. We leave for Hawaii on December 27, so I'm pretty sure we're picking up our 2021 GTS in January of 2022.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Latest update from our SA: blah, blah, blah, semiconductor shortage, blah, blah, blah, Body Control Module, blah, blah, blah, the vehicles brain when it comes to shifting, suspension changes, and other driving related features, blah, blah, blah, around Christmas.

So we are talking an original date of July 30, IIRC, to around Christmas. We leave for Hawaii on December 27, so I'm pretty sure we're picking up our 2021 GTS in January of 2022.
Has your SA shown you a screen shot of the event schedule to see exactly at what stage your order currently sits at?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has your SA shown you a screen shot of the event schedule to see exactly at what stage your order currently sits at?
Don't even get me started on that, long story short, I asked for that months ago, SA said sure thing, never got it. I texted him today and just got a texted response, sounds like it was a July Build and it's just off on the side, waiting for this Module to be added to complete the vehicle. He also mentioned Shipping Delays, but I gotta think the Semi-Conductors are causing more delays than Shipping.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Don't even get me started on that, long story short, I asked for that months ago, SA said sure thing, never got it. I texted him today and just got a texted response, sounds like it was a July Build and it's just off on the side, waiting for this Module to be added to complete the vehicle. He also mentioned Shipping Delays, but I gotta think the Semi-Conductors are causing more delays than Shipping.
Okay....I see. I feel your frustration. Question...have you been given a commission number for your order? If not, I will preface this by saying I could be completely wrong but I am sensing some shenanigans at play here with your dealer. There is zero reason for them not to provide you with an event schedule whenever you ask (unless there is something about your order they do not want you to see). It takes your SA literally less then 30 seconds to pull up in their computer system. I do not recall if you mentioned at some point here on the forum, but did you receive any kind of discount on your order? The prices and scarcity of 2021 GTS Macans has only risen month by month since your "placed your order". Wondering if perhaps your dealer could have bumped your allocation to another customer that was willing to pay ADM and put you into a later allocation slot (thus your order really is not as behind as they are making it sound). Let me know if you have the commission number. Not sure if its possible to do by another dealer, but I could ask my SA to look up your commission number and get that schedule for you.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Okay....I see. I feel your frustration. Question...have you been given a commission number for your order? If not, I will preface this by saying I could be completely wrong but I am sensing some shenanigans at play here with your dealer. There is zero reason for them not to provide you with an event schedule whenever you ask (unless there is something about your order they do not want you to see). It takes your SA literally less then 30 seconds to pull up in their computer system. I do not recall if you mentioned at some point here on the forum, but did you receive any kind of discount on your order? The prices and scarcity of 2021 GTS Macans has only risen month by month since your "placed your order". Wondering if perhaps your dealer could have bumped your allocation to another customer that was willing to pay ADM and put you into a later allocation slot (thus your order really is not as behind as they are making it sound). Let me know if you have the commission number. Not sure if its possible to do by another dealer, but I could ask my SA to look up your commission number and get that schedule for you.
Thanks for the offer, but I finally received the information our SA. I had the same thought you did, but everything checks out, it was supposed to be completed 08/27, but it’s delayed until 10/29.

Hopefully things get pushed up, otherwise it’s going to be ready for pick up at PEC Atlanta around Christmas, but with a trip to Maui planned for NYE, we won’t be picking it up until January.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #133 ·
Thanks for the offer, but I finally received the information our SA. I had the same thought you did, but everything checks out, it was supposed to be completed 08/27, but it’s delayed until 10/29.

Hopefully things get pushed up, otherwise it’s going to be ready for pick up at PEC Atlanta around Christmas, but with a trip to Maui planned for NYE, we won’t be picking it up until January.
Ahh, ok good to hear no funny business. Based in your original eta completion date of 8/29 and delay to complete on 10/29 , I would say all your delays then are pretty much in line with what mine were, only my schedule in general is about a month in front of yours. Mine did improve so if yours falls along the same trajectory, you may soon find that your schedule actually improves as well to show arrival at PEC about 20 to 30 days earlier then its saying right now. Kind of all depends on how the PEC delivery schedule affects things (mine will be coming to my dealer) as well as any other logistics issues that could arise for either of us.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I imagine. I want to say I ordered in May? So long ago I can't remember.

Unfortunately I debadged it so no one will know.

121 - 140 of 156 Posts