Porsche Macan Forum banner
101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
yeah.. I was just using the 911 lease cost as a frame of reference. I decided to just wait it out and will trade in whenever my GTS comes and gave into the fact that it what it is and will be worth the wait.

Also here in the So Cal market, calling up the dealer to cancel a 2021 GTS order that is currently underway at the factory would be music to their ears for a customer that has a deal at MSRP or lower. They would love it! Then it can glisten on the showroom floor with a $7500 adm tag on it (or more likely one phone call from their customer wait list and it would be sold with that same adm in minutes).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Look on the bright side. When we finally get our GTS it will be a one-year-old car with extremely low mileage.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 ·
Look on the bright side. When we finally get our GTS it will be a one-year-old car with extremely low mileage.
Exactly. Not planning on selling this one anytime soon, so the end of model year thing does not bother me personally. Though it is a bit weird to think that typically this scenario would mean a decent discount versus msrp. I try to justify that one by knowing just how desirable this particular trim is at the moment and then I feel lucky to even be getting one.

·
Registered
124 Posts
@meyecul we have discussed this before, our scenario is almost exactly the same. I would be lying if I said I did not consider flipping to a ‘22, but like you, I value the older style trim. And just like you, I got a discount, whereas my dealer would probably love to sell it to someone else for MSRP (luckily my dealer does not tend to do ADM). But nonetheless, I am keeping it and also i do need to build a case for a 992 Touring allocation in some point in the far future.

The good news is Porsche is pretty consistent with their design language and it is a brand that produces cars that are desirable even if it is an older generation. For example, people love driving the 993, 996, 997, etc. I also know both our cars are specced beautifully and not just your run of the mill dealer spec. So just have to have some patience and even if it comes in 2022, we both will be grinning ear to ear and pressing those physical center console buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #105 ·
@meyecul we have discussed this before, our scenario is almost exactly the same. I would be lying if I said I did not consider flipping to a ‘22, but like you, I value the older style trim. And just like you, I got a discount, whereas my dealer would probably love to sell it to someone else for MSRP (luckily my dealer does not tend to do ADM). But nonetheless, I am keeping it and also i do need to build a case for a 992 Touring allocation in some point in the far future.

The good news is Porsche is pretty consistent with their design language and it is a brand that produces cars that are desirable even if it is an older generation. For example, people love driving the 993, 996, 997, etc. I also know both our cars are specced beautifully and not just your run of the mill dealer spec. So just have to have some patience and even if it comes in 2022, we both will be grinning ear to ear and pressing those physical center console buttons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Agree wholeheartedly 😊. Wish I could say I got a discount but when I ordered end of May my dealer was full msrp on anything GTS and even had a 2020 CPO exec demo GTS high spec (that I went to go see) with 6k miles also near MSRP. Just a few weeks after placing my order my SA whom I am very friendly with and bought from in the past informed me we got in just under the adm mess. At that point it was $7500 over. Recently they had another CPO GTS at $9k over msrp with mileage on it. All just insane.

Like you, building my relationship with my dealer and I do like working with them so the msrp was not a deal breaker for me considering I got one of their last allocations and again felt lucky to be able to build her just the way I wanted.

Who knows, I am hopeful things still speed up for both of us. At the moment the key dates to watch for are between Aug 23 and 27. Mine was originally supposed to leave Emden on Aug 27th. So if some miracle happens and there is movement on the event schedule that could put things back onto the original sched, it needs to happen that week of the 23rd. I told myself I will I will not bug my SA again until then. Haha

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get what you both are saying. I had a difficult time finding anyone that even had an open allocation for a GTS in May, and I felt lucky to get a (small) discount on top of that. My biggest issue is because of my timeline and the lack of certainty on the current, already delayed eta, that if it arrives any later than mid-November I will either have to short-term rent a car, or forego the order entirely. While I don’t mind renting a car for a week or two to bridge that gap, I have a really difficult time reconciling the cost to rent an economy car (~$1.4k/mo) for much longer than that if the delivery date is still ambiguous at that point.

Another secondary factor that will weigh into my decision is taking delivery of a ‘21 model so late in the year or perhaps even in 2022 without a significant discount. While the pros/cons of ‘21 v ‘22 have been discussed at length on this forum, my personal opinion is that overall I would prefer a ‘22 model. The “fishmouth” look would bother me with the ‘22, except that my preferred color is black and that look is muted as a result. The sharpened styling of the ‘22 otherwise appeals to me.

My hope is that when production at the factory restarts later this month that the timeline is updated and made more certain shortly thereafter, which will make my decision clearer.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
My 2021 GTS original delivery at dealer date was end of August. Told yesterday is now 2nd week of November.
We're pretty much in the same boat. My 2021 GTS original delivery at dealer date was July, then August and now mid-November. Fun times :p

Reactions: barberan

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello everyone,

So, the plant has been working for the past 2 weeks. Has anybody gotten any updates from their SA?

PS: ordered my gts in Feb 2021, it is still being assembled, LOL.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Yes, I actually communicated with my SA yesterday and good news to report. My 2021 GTS order completed production (V300) on Sept 2 so nearly a month earlier then my event schedule just a week ago showed. Everything updated now to reflect that I should get the Macan about 20 to 25 days days sooner then I was expecting. We shall see if this all holds however. Next milestone will be Sept 10 to see if it arrives at the Emden port on schedule. After that it is currently scheduled to leave Emden on Oct 1 and arrive in San Diego port on Oct 29. So while still delayed from my original eta when I ordered I am pleased that at least things have moved up quite a bit. Will keep ya posted.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yes, I actually communicated with my SA yesterday and good news to report. My 2021 GTS order completed production (V300) on Sept 2 so nearly a month earlier then my event schedule just a week ago showed. Everything updated now to reflect that I should get the Macan about 20 to 25 days days sooner then I was expecting. We shall see if this all holds however. Next milestone will be Sept 10 to see if it arrives at the Emden port on schedule. After that it is currently scheduled to leave Emden on Oct 1 and arrive in San Diego port on Oct 29. So while still delayed from my original eta when I ordered I am pleased that at least things have moved up quite a bit. Will keep ya posted.
That is fantastic news! It is very rare to hear Porsche AHEAD of schedule. I can't wait to call the Porsche N/A 1800 number on Tuesday to hear an update on my build date.

Hello everyone,

So, the plant has been working for the past 2 weeks. Has anybody gotten any updates from their SA?

PS: ordered my gts in Feb 2021, it is still being assembled, LOL.
That is insane...ordered Fed and it is still being assembled...I feel for you, I would have definitely asked for some concessions to help you with this incredibly long delay.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
That is fantastic news! It is very rare to hear Porsche AHEAD of schedule. I can't wait to call the Porsche N/A 1800 number on Tuesday to hear an update on my build date.

Well, would not quite say ahead of schedule. More like instead of running two months behind, now just one month. The reality with all of this is none of it is Porsche or the factories faults. I am sure they are doing everything they can to the best of their ability given what they are dealing with. It's amazing really how logistics wise Porsche operates as whole given all the customization available to its buyers. If you have not seen the documentary video on youtube of the Macan factory, its a must watch. Really a pretty amazing operation. As my SA says, all the waiting will be more then worth it when she shows up :) .

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
108 Posts
Very exciting to see the dates move up. My v300 went from 10/01/2021 to 8/27/2021. I have heard that they provide the name of the ship the cars are on which is very cool.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ordered late June, built week of July 19th, now scheduled for December 3rd delivery ~ ‘hopefully’ used several times by the dealer.
I’m not thrilled with the prospect of my car sitting in a Leipzig field. Does anyone have knowledge of how and where incomplete cars are being stored? Are there any potential issues we should watch for that might result? Are production lines stopped or are incomplete cars still rolling off the line?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Ordered late June, built week of July 19th, now scheduled for December 3rd delivery ~ ‘hopefully’ used several times by the dealer.
I’m not thrilled with the prospect of my car sitting in a Leipzig field. Does anyone have knowledge of how and where incomplete cars are being stored? Are there any potential issues we should watch for that might result? Are production lines stopped or are incomplete cars still rolling off the line?
Is your status V260?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Between V260 and V270 ~ in production yet to exit. Surely not static on the production line, I'd expect mostly complete and in storage somewhere.

101 - 120 of 156 Posts