Porsche Macan Forum banner
81 - 100 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Small correction. I did the configuration on MY22 S again, and the price is almost same on 2022 S vs 2021 GTS with same options (which was what I selected for my 2021 GTS).

·
Registered
34 Posts
@jyt
FWIW I just received a reply from my dealer, that my GTS has been delayed by a month due to chip supply shortages. Initially it was planned to be delivered in LA PEC in late November, and now it has been moved to late December.

I am a bit perplexed now, since I am getting a 2021 GTS model literally at the start of 2022!
I am not a big fan of Haptic Touch panel that Porsche has introduced in their 2022 S and GTS (I still feel the hard buttons will age better over time)
However, there is a price difference in 2021 GTS and 2022 S (2022 S is the GTS of 2021 with same engine V6 2.9 twin turbo charged 375 HP). I know there are a few threads going around discussing the differences between 2021 GTS and 2022 S, however from a cursory look it looks like if I add the same options, I ll get the same configuration around 4k cheaper.

Would be really interested in what others in the same boat are thinking?
You decide to wait you’re going to spend at least 4 to 5 months more on waiting
How long have you been waiting so far by the way?

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 21 GTS is in body shop right now and estimated delivery is mid December. Originally it was scheduled to early September. I told my SA that I will order a 22 GTS if that date doesn't come back to original estimates. I have a Golf GTI for weekend fun and CRV for family business so I don't mind waiting until next spring.

·
Registered
124 Posts
@jyt
FWIW I just received a reply from my dealer, that my GTS has been delayed by a month due to chip supply shortages. Initially it was planned to be delivered in LA PEC in late November, and now it has been moved to late December.

I am a bit perplexed now, since I am getting a 2021 GTS model literally at the start of 2022!
I am not a big fan of Haptic Touch panel that Porsche has introduced in their 2022 S and GTS (I still feel the hard buttons will age better over time)
However, there is a price difference in 2021 GTS and 2022 S (2022 S is the GTS of 2021 with same engine V6 2.9 twin turbo charged 375 HP). I know there are a few threads going around discussing the differences between 2021 GTS and 2022 S, however from a cursory look it looks like if I add the same options, I ll get the same configuration around 4k cheaper.

Would be really interested in what others in the same boat are thinking?
I am in the same boat and it will actually be cheaper to order a ‘22 GTS with the exact same spec. Those darn deviated stitching jacking up the price.

But I will be continuing my ‘21 order even if it comes at the beginning of ‘22. One more go at the original center console design before we go to haptic for everything else. Also, I still can’t get over the gapping mouth look of the ‘22 just yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
124 Posts
I can confirm, more delays with the GTS. Original delivery was Nov 19, now it is estimated to be Dec 3. My GT4 also slipped, original delivery Oct 22, now Oct 29. Not nearly as bad as the GTS. Way before this, both my GTS and GT4 were going to arrive Oct. 22.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
Yes. Mine was showing at it’s longest delay Dec 3 as well then switched back to Nov 26. My original was Sept 24. I figure with the Thanksgiving holiday will likely be first or second week of December before any of us with a GTS see it arrive at our dealers.

All of this also make me think that anyone ordering a 22 GTS and expecting it really to show up sometime next spring might be in for some disappointments.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Does anyone know if a 2021 model can actually be delivered in 2022, say in Jan 2022?
PS: Given the circumstances, I personally think it is possible.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Does anyone know if a 2021 model can actually be delivered in 2022, say in Jan 2022?
PS: Given the circumstances, I personally think it is possible.
I don’t see why not. Especially if it is already built and the delay was due to shipping. I vaguely remember in one MY of the Macan, the MY was released late into the present year just like how it is right now with the GTS.

I also understand the nuance of your question by saying “delivered” instead of “sold” in the new year. We have all seen plenty of past year cars being sold much later (eg. 2019 Lexus sold 3 LFAs brand new which were MY 2012).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ordered my GTS in Feb '21.
Still pending... no VIN. It's claimed that the status is V260. Projected delivery: Oct '21.

How crazy is that? Feb -> Oct.

Is it worth the wait, or should I get X3 40i BMW?
ordered mine in April. Was told mid September delivery. They emailed me recently with a VIN and delivery pushed to early December, blaming on semi-conductor and PASM shortage :(

·
Registered
69 Posts
ordered mine in April. Was told mid September delivery. They emailed me recently with a VIN and delivery pushed to early December, blaming on semi-conductor and PASM shortage :(
Exactly same here, my SA keeps insisting days will shift back tho. I considered 22' GTS lately but don't think they will be exempt from all those delays, isn't it like a domino effect?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
I considered 22' GTS lately but don't think they will be exempt from all those delays, isn't it like a domino effect?
Given how things have been lately with delays, IMO anyone ordering a 22 GTS now and believing they will see it in early spring here in the US has beer goggles on. Hopefully I am wrong and things change fast for the better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
This is nuts. I will be expecting a discount in case I get my GTS in 2022. Oh-oh.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I placed my GTS order in late May, was originally given an early September delivery, now pushed back until November 19. If it gets pushed back any longer than that, I am going to have to forego my order for a car on the lot, as I need a new car by November. At that point it will likely be a base, since that’s all that will be left. Beyond my timeframe needs, it’s really difficult to accept custom ordering a ‘21 model and not taking delivery until 2022 (if that’s what ends up happening).

·
Registered
124 Posts
I placed my GTS order in late May, was originally given an early September delivery, now pushed back until November 19. If it gets pushed back any longer than that, I am going to have to forego my order for a car on the lot, as I need a new car by November. At that point it will likely be a base, since that’s all that will be left. Beyond my timeframe needs, it’s really difficult to accept custom ordering a ‘21 model and not taking delivery until 2022 (if that’s what ends up happening).
So if it is delayed 1-2 months, why not get a cheap rental car? Going from ordering a GTS to settling for a base Macan seems like a huge letdown….

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
So if it is delayed 1-2 months, why not get a cheap rental car? Going from ordering a GTS to settling for a base Macan seems like a huge letdown….

Check rental car prices. No such thing as cheap at the moment (in california at least). I looked into doing this so could trade in my Cayenne around the original date my GTS was going to arrive. A few month lease payments on a 911 would nearly be cheaper then an econo car. It’s nuts.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Check rental car prices. No such thing as cheap at the moment (in the US at least). I looked into doing this so could trade in my Cayenne around the original date my GTS was going to arrive. A few month lease on a 911 would be cheaper then an econo car. It’s nuts.
I mean leasing a car means you’re on the hook for awhile.

Also, gotta be a little creative when renting cars. If you have AAA, part of associations, corporate accounts, clubs, etc it brings down the cost significantly. Also check out Turo or even renting from a preowned dealer. I called National and asked about monthly or 3 months rental. They quoted $900-$1000/mo, which is fine if you need it for a month or two (this was 2 months ago). Versus getting into a lease for 3 years or something. Unless you can do monthly leases? Which I have not heard of.

·
Registered
6 Posts

it’s a possibility that I am considering, but as meyecul said, rentals are expensive these days. At $40/day, I’m looking at $1200/mo!

i may consider driving a base for a year or so and trading it in for a GTS (possibly a ‘22 or even a ‘23 at that point)

·
Registered
124 Posts
it’s a possibility that I am considering, but as meyecul said, rentals are expensive these days. At $40/day, I’m looking at $1200/mo!

i may consider driving a base for a year or so and trading it in for a GTS (possibly a ‘22 or even a ‘23 at that point)
Wow, how much are you getting the base at trade in after a year. Let’s say you rent for 2 months, $2,200 total outlay. I’m pretty sure you will lose more than that on Macan base depreciation with a trade in. Ultimately, it will cost more to just get into the GTS.

But car buying and finances are super personal so no judgment here. At the end of the day, get what you want and drive what you want . And for us a Macan is gonna be a great ride

81 - 100 of 156 Posts