Porsche Macan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ordered my GTS in Feb '21.
Still pending... no VIN. It's claimed that the status is V260. Projected delivery: Oct '21.

How crazy is that? Feb -> Oct.

Is it worth the wait, or should I get X3 40i BMW?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Still pending... no VIN. It's claimed that the status is V260. Projected delivery: Oct '21.

@barberan

It's frustrating news. I am going thru the same situation. I started the process in Feb '21 as well. I am in discussion now with the SA and Sales Mgr about the most recent delays (2nd delay for me). I haven't been provided details on why we've been pushed to Oct '21. I have the option to cancel without penalty, but before I do I'm going to look seriously at the 2022 GTS as well as my secondary list of cars. Luckily we aren't in a rush for another car since I have been working from home. Good luck to you.

·
Registered
105 Posts

Well keep in mind, ordered does not mean it will be built right away. I ordered my GTS in May, but the build date is mid-September. So the measurement timeline should be from build date to delivery date.

But in your case even if we put build date as this month and delivery date of Oct, that is still pretty long.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

DM if you want to discuss in depth... I just purchased a X4 M40i, so I have direct knowledge of comparison if you like (I got rid of my ’17 GTS). I still plan to do a detailed write up comparison for the forum when I have enough time, but just haven’t gotten around to it.

Very, VERY, short version... two different beasts/means to an end IMO. What one excels at, the other excels in different areas. I went into it with my eyes WIDE open as to what the differences might be, and did not expect the Beemer to be a Porsche, nor vice-versa. Am I still happy with my decision? Yes, I am. Do I still miss the GTS from time to time? Yes I do. Did/do both put a smile on my face when I drive them? Yes, but for different reasons.

X3/X4 (depending upon options)... Luxury Sport with a refined (yet still sporty) drive.

Macan (depending upon model)... SPORT Luxury with a focus on steering and overall driver “feel” (at speed).

Simple solution is to decide what aspects of the “drive” are more important to you and select the car from there.

Just my 2 cents....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just a quick question for those who might know more about the Porsche assembly process: do they even start the assembly until the have all the components available (yes, the chip/18-way seats too)?

I am asking in reference to my V260 status - does this status confirm that the build (aka my order) has all the necessary components available at the factory?

Thanks!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Just a quick question for those who might know more about the Porsche assembly process: do they even start the assembly until the have all the components available (yes, the chip/18-way seats too)?

I am asking in reference to my V260 status - does this status confirm that the build (aka my order) has all the necessary components available at the factory?

Thanks!
They start assembly when they have all the critical components to build a car. For example, you have heard cars stuck at their facility for missing TPMS. My dealer also got in a Macan with no power adjustable steering column. They had to get a tech to adjust it to the owner and when the part comes in, the dealer will install it.

So short answer, they will start assembly with what they have and add other missing options later if it can be retrofitted.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·

Thanks!
I think the short answer is no but perhaps others can elaborate. My event timeline (expected dates) currently shows my gts is to head into the body shop on Friday and exit production 7 days later. However the completion date then delays all the way until Oct 1, so it appears they build the car minus whatever that something is that they are short parts on and then it sits until it can be completed. As one member stated could be something as basic as TPMS sensors (which is still odd to me as I know many other Porsche models have shipped to the US and had those added in the ports here).

·
Registered
5 Posts
(Edit to clarify 10/1 date)

Long time lurker, first time poster.

I'm in a similar boat in that I have been waiting since May. The car was originally supposed to go into body June 11, but got delayed nearly a month. It was then supposed to go in the week of July 5th and exit a couple days later. It made it half way. It moved to V260 as planned but has not flipped to V270. From speaking with my rep, it seems they go sidelines until the component needed is delivered. So for now its 10/1 for build completion (CP8.0) that shows on @meyecul original post and mid Nov for dealer inventory. HOPEFULLY, its sooner, but I have been assured that if you want a 21 and its ordered/locked, you will get your 21. In theory, if your car is getting its vitamin d bath outside the factory while it waits for a chip, it will get its chip allocation before the guy currently rolling down the line. Now, how does that play out with the August worker recess?
¯\(ツ)

Personally not interested in the 2022 Lisa Rinna autographed edition though

Reactions: barberan

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I have been assured that if you want a 21 and its ordered/locked, you will get your 21.

Personally not interested in the 2022 Lisa Rinna autographed edition
Thats at least good to hear. Last thing I want now is to wait until end of Nov (nearly 6 months from when all began) for my 21 GTS and then find out, "oh, sorry sir, we have to switch you to a 2022 and that will be an extra $10k for your spec please". And agreed, good description with the Lisa Renna LOL.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah I think we are all a little frustrated, but I’ve waited this long for my first new Porsche, so I can wait a bit more. I was hoping to have it sooner with our first kid on the way in October (would love his first car ride to be in a Porsche), and maybe it will be here before then. If I hear anything more I’ll pass it along though

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thats at least good to hear. Last thing I want now is to wait until end of Nov (nearly 6 months from when all began) for my 21 GTS and then find out, "oh, sorry sir, we have to switch you to a 2022 and that will be an extra $10k for your spec please". And agreed, good description with the Lisa Renna LOL.
That would be insane!
PS: I heard from a local dealership than 2022 models (the Macan S with the 2.9T engine) could be ordered & delivered in 2021, which I hardly believe in.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Even if it flips to MY22, I would hope the dealer or PCNA honor the old pricing. I don’t know if you have tried building your spec on the new model, but for me, it’s basically the same cost. You do have to also put into consideration how much the extra tune is worth it to you.

However, taking a step back, what do everyone think about the new Macan. I think it has appeal and I can do either at this point. What I really like is the extra interior choices and packages.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would be insane!
PS: I heard from a local dealership than 2022 models (the Macan S with the 2.9T engine) could be ordered & delivered in 2021, which I hardly believe in.
Well don’t completely discount it. If the delay is related to just the chip for memory seats, there is no reason other newer Macan won’t be built and delivered. Just look at the plethora of Macan base available. They won’t be stopping production unless they absolutely have to

Reactions: barberan

·
Registered
105 Posts
That would be insane!
That would go against what was already announced in the Porsche press release. ‘22 will arrive in the beginning of 2022. However, it seems it may be possible for some cars to land at the end of Dec. usually it takes 3 months from build to delivery.

From everything I have gathered, all ‘21 seems to be built by end of September, with maybe some stragglers early Oct. but have not heard of anyone with ‘21 GTS with build dates in late Oct or Nov.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That would go against what was already announced in the Porsche press release. ‘22 will arrive in the beginning of 2022. However, it seems it may be possible for some cars to land at the end of Dec. usually it takes 3 months from build to delivery.

From everything I have gathered, all ‘21 seems to be built by end of September, with maybe some stragglers early Oct. but have not heard of anyone with ‘21 GTS with build dates in late Oct or Nov.

I guess everybody has run out of quotas for '21 in 2021. Just to make sure that Porsche has enough time in 2021 to finish all the builds & finally deliver the cars.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Even if it flips to MY22, I would hope the dealer or PCNA honor the old pricing. I don’t know if you have tried building your spec on the new model, but for me, it’s basically the same cost.
I am afraid not possible to spec a 21gts to a 22gts and come out even close to the same price. It’s a bare minimum $7800 difference base gts to base gts. Then put the options back on and grows from there depending on the specs and pkgs as some options configure different between the model years.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I am afraid not possible to spec a 21gts to a 22gts and come out even close to the same price. It’s a bare minimum $7800 difference base gts to base gts. Then put the options back on and grows from there depending on the specs and pkgs as some options configure different between the model years.
I wonder if I did something wrong, because it is about $400 more with the new spec than my '21 spec.

'21 spec ($98,130): The Porsche Code

'22 Spec ($98,580): The Porsche Code

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
I wonder if I did something wrong, because it is about $400 more with the new spec than my '21 spec.

'21 spec ($98,130): The Porsche Code

'22 Spec ($98,580): The Porsche Code
Yes, I see. In your particular case it can work to your advantage. This could be of interest to others if they are doing similar high spec interior options as you are. Your 21 Build has $6540 in just the interior seats and stitching alone. Your 22 build gets away with the deviated package at $1840 thus saving you a lot off your 21 on that one aspect of your build. So good catch but this will not work out for most 2021 gts builds which on average land in the $82 to $88k range.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes, I see. In your particular case it can work to your advantage. This could be of interest to others if they are doing similar high spec interior options as you are. Your 21 Build has $6540 in just the interior seats and stitching alone. Your 22 build gets away with the deviated package at $1840 thus saving you a lot off your 21 on that one aspect of your build. So good catch but this will not work out for most gts builds which on average land in the $82 to $88k range.
Yeah, that freaking stitching…probably would have been better moving to ‘22, but have to get those physical buttons one last time. And GTS interior pkg would probably have helped as well, except for the issue of not able to add ventilated seats. So basically I had to build my own GTS interior pkg.

I’m actually quite impressed with the options and bundling of the Macan III.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts