Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 198 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with current orders, this may be of interest. I was hoping this would not happen but found out today that my GTS which is heading into the body shop to begin its build on Friday will incur a hefty delay during it's timeline process (2 months more of a wait). According to the latest ETA schedule I got from my SA, Looks like the hiccup will happen once the vehicle "exits production" (V270). It will then sit for 2 whole months before "vehicle completion" (v300). This puts my original ETA of end of Sept to now not until end of Nov. Must be a parts issue. Who would have thought a Macan would be a 6 month order. I guess I can only hope things change for the better in my favor but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sorry to read about the delays. when I ordered mine in 2018 it took me 51/2 months for it to arrive as I did a PTS color so that caused delays for me. At the end of the day I have no regrets of the order or the car I got. I will say it was part of the hardest time of my life waiting for it.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry to read about the delays. when I ordered mine in 2018 it took me 51/2 months for it to arrive as I did a PTS color so that caused delays for me. At the end of the day I have no regrets of the order or the car I got. I will say it was part of the hardest time of my life waiting for it.
Yeah...I can see 5 1/2 month for a PTS, but was not expecting this on a stock color. It's not so much the wait I care about, more I was timing things with my 19 cayenne trade (20k service is coming due), the trade in market could weaken and work against me etc.) I need to keep the Cayenne until the Macan arrives so in the end, the delay will likely cost me some $$ that could have gone towards the purchase. Its a bummer.

·
Registered
72 Posts
At the time of your purchase, the original planned date schedule is not close to reality with current chip shortage situation. I placed my order in early Feb with 4/16 planned production date. It got delayed and probably got changed at least 4 times during this chip shortage crisis. However, the actual dates have improved a bit here and there compare to the latest Expected Date schedule they put on my order. And I also learned that the vessel that my GTS is on may arrive a week earlier than the latest "Expected Date". Although my GTS is late, it may not be as late as what I thought it would be. 🤞

Things get changed all the time. However, it may not be as late as you think. Don't loose your hope. :)

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At the time of your purchase, the original planned date schedule is not close to reality with current chip shortage situation. I placed my order in early Feb with 4/16 planned production date. It got delayed and probably got changed at least 4 times during this chip shortage crisis. However, the actual dates have improved a bit here and there compare to the latest Expected Date schedule they put on my order. And I also learned that the vessel that my GTS is on may arrive a week earlier than the latest "Expected Date". Although my GTS is late, it may not be as late as what I thought it would be. 🤞

Things get changed all the time. However, it may not be as late as you think. Don't loose your hope. :)
Thank you...yeah, I am hopeful as the process moves on, the dates possibly improve. When I placed my order I actually took a later allocation intentionally (could have had one that was a build 1 month sooner) because by doing so the order was accepted by the system for the 18 way seats as the chip shortage halt had been lifted for builds after a certain date. I can see how your build would have not been as accurate schedule wise being a Feb order as things back then had so many unknowns. But now, supposedly Porsche had their ducks in order with the chip availability ratio to orders. I figured maybe some small delays here and there given the global issues in general and up until now all has been on sched it was when I started this back end of May. But now suddenly a 2 month delay between the leaving "build production" and "build completion" was a bit of a surprise (has to be a part or still chip issue).

It is what it is and out of my control. Given what I have just been looking at with the press releases on the 2022, I am happy to wait for my 2021 (took the delay sting away a bit).

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The august shut down for holiday accounts for one of those months.

“Porsche Leipzig will be closed from 31st July 2021 to 23rd August 2021 inclusive due to the summer holidays”
Yes, I thought of that, but whats odd is I have had an event schedule now for some time and the summer holiday closure would not have been something to suddenly pop up and contribute the to the new 2 month delay. One would think that would have then affected my build schedule all along.

Maybe, I will get lucky as my fixed date "actual" came up 3 days earlier then expected and if that carries over into the "entry of the body shop" phase also by 3 days maybe...just maybe it will "complete" ahead of the expected July 30 date and then make it out of the factory before the summer holiday closure. I know...all wishful thinking...hahah

·
Registered
1996 993 C4
16 Posts
For those of you with current orders, this may be of interest. I was hoping this would not happen but found out today that my GTS which is heading into the body shop to begin its build on Friday will incur a hefty delay during it's timeline process (2 months more of a wait). According to the latest ETA schedule I got from my SA, Looks like the hiccup will happen once the vehicle "exits production" (V270). It will then sit for 2 whole months before "vehicle completion" (v300). This puts my original ETA of end of Sept to now not until end of Nov. Must be a parts issue. Who would have thought a Macan would be a 6 month order. I guess I can only hope things change for the better in my favor but not holding my breath.

View attachment 244472
It's TPMS, or so my SA informs me. Mine goes into production on Friday, then will sit in port all August and ship out early September once the TPMS can get installed.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
It's TPMS, or so my SA informs me. Mine goes into production on Friday, then will sit in port all August and ship out early September once the TPMS can get installed.
Yes, mine was to do the exact same (sit in port through Aug) originally with an arrival eta of Sept 24 then changed to Oct 1. Now the eta has been extended another near 2 months to Nov 26. May want go check the latest on yours and see if it changed to similar. If that aug port sitting time was for TPMS then they must be further delayed.

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS [on order]
8 Posts
@
Yes, mine was to do the exact same (sit in port through Aug) originally with an arrival eta of Sept 24 then changed to Oct 1. Now the eta has been extended another month to Nov 26. May want go check the latest on yours and see if it changed to similar. If that aug port sitting time was for TPMS then they must be further delayed.
New member here - first off congrats on the order! I also have a GTS build in progress, very similar timeline as you. Order date June 5th, still haven't received any updates from my SA on build timing though. When I ordered my SA told me that my allocation was for mid-Sept, due "no later than Sept. 30", but now your post has me worried a bit here...

Do you typically call your SA every so often to check in or does your SA keep you posted with these updates?

·
Registered
2021 Macan S
117 Posts
@

New member here - first off congrats on the order! I also have a GTS build in progress, very similar timeline as you. Order date June 5th, still haven't received any updates from my SA on build timing though. When I ordered my SA told me that my allocation was for mid-Sept, due "no later than Sept. 30", but now your post has me worried a bit here...

Do you typically call your SA every so often to check in or does your SA keep you posted with these updates?
My order locked on 13 July. I text my SA to prompt him for status.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My GTS entered assembly yesterday. I asked my SA and V300 status is also projected to be complete on Oct 1. He suggests we wait until assembly is complete to see if this changes - maybe inquire with Porsche at that point.
As if the delay is not frustrating enough, the configurator now has the 2022 models - more time to ponder!

·
Registered
74 Posts
I just had a call with my SA, built is about to be completed by this week but delivery to dealer shows as December. Probably my GTS is another one who will sit on a lot waiting for TPMS or whatever that chip related item it's missing...But personally I believe that delivery date will come back to September as it was initially. I think Factory Production Planning unit is just putting some buffers and scaring us.

·
Registered
2022 Macan GTS [on order]
8 Posts
Quick update on my order - called my SA this morning and my order got delayed to from mid-Sept to Dec. 10! I have now changed my order to MY2022.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My dealer doesn't have any allocations yet - so would be intent at this point. But my SA did offer the switch from MY21 to MY22.
Awesome! Did your SA have any intelligence on MY22 GTS delivery, beyond the vague press release of Spring 2022? I don't expect so, if no allocation - kind of a fool question - sorry!

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
Anyone know if the flooding in Germany is having any effect on either assembly or transportation/shipping?

·
Registered
124 Posts
My dealer doesn't have any allocations yet - so would be intent at this point. But my SA did offer the switch from MY21 to MY22.
Did you order a Macan Base or S? I know both will be available Q1 of 2022, but GTS will not be available until Spring of 2022. I made a change to my GTS build and build went to Sept. 24 with an East Coast delivery of Nov 19.

1 - 20 of 198 Posts