Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
It's really easy to do. Really. It's best to cut from the back. When you turn them over, you'll see what I mean. Just follow the lines.

Back to my question: Anyone added all the current bolt-ons, tuned it and dyno'd it? I'm reading 'no'.

First one that can prove that all of their products collectively turn this Macan Turbo into a beast wins and will have a step-up on the competition. Just sayin'....

·
Registered
40 Posts
If someone wants to sponsor me I'll go full send lol! I have maxed out the performance mods on my s4... soooooo time to start with the Macan

I have the flat 6 intakes, remus exhaust and cut the hood

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
756 Posts
All you need are the 'new & improved' diverter valves, intercooler kit and a tune to pull it all together.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for the support! We don't have much going on at the moment with specials. Raceseng has 5% off going on (PDK paddles). We're always happy to take a look if you bundle some things and see what we can do.

PDK Paddles? :eek: You're killing me Jon :laugh:

OK..OK already! I've been on the hook for a few weeks now. I may as well just STOP fighting. :rolleyes:

>:D <<<<< this guy wins.

Incoming PM

·
Registered
208 Posts
Just installed the Flat6 filters and carbon fiber covers this morning. I've yet to install the included +1 tune that came with the bundle. My GTS feels a bit quicker and is ever so slightly louder under acceleration, but it's still too early to tell.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Building upon some of the other ideas that people have posted, the Macan Filter cover is quite restrictive.

FlatSix has proved this with dyno tests.

One option for those who are risk adverse and would not risk cutting their own air filter cover is to just order two spare filter covers.

They run about $35 a piece and cutting the bar and trying it our significantly reduces the risk for those DIY.

https://parts.porschemonterey.com/oem-parts/porsche-filter-cover-95b129752b
What's the part number for the left side?

·
Registered
756 Posts
Humy, if you have a Dremel, it'll take you longer to install a cutting wheel than it takes to modify a filter cover. Really. It's literally almost impossible to screw it up.

The retaining screws come out only so far so you need not worry of dropping them and losing them. A simple Phillips screwdriver and four screws per side.

Turn the cover over. You'll see EXACTLY where you need to cut. It does not have to be perfect. Give it a try.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Installed the +1 map from Flat6 this past weekend and it's a significant increase over the stock Cobb 93 map IMHO. Definitely worth checking out.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Humy, if you have a Dremel, it'll take you longer to install a cutting wheel than it takes to modify a filter cover. Really. It's literally almost impossible to screw it up.

The retaining screws come out only so far so you need not worry of dropping them and losing them. A simple Phillips screwdriver and four screws per side.

Turn the cover over. You'll see EXACTLY where you need to cut. It does not have to be perfect. Give it a try.
I bought the Flat6 carbon fiber pieces, but after installing them, Bruce is 100% right. It's a 5 minute job to modify the OEM parts, tops. The rubber seals will cover any mistakes that you might make.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am STRUGGLING over here and you guys are not helping! :laugh::laugh:

0:) This guys says.........> You DO NOT NEED to do ANY mods to the Macan! You already have a car that satisfies that need for performance. It's not a SPORTS CAR

>:D Then this guys says..........> It's in your DNA bro! You know the deal... more air in + tune = better performance enhancing the experience. This won't effect your warranty. You've been there done that before. You're getting soft in your old age......Stop being a Punk! :nerd:

I'm a click away from contacting FLAT 6.:cool:
:facepalm:..............> This Guy won >:D

Received my goodie box from Flat 6 motorsports earlier this week. Easy order process, quick shipment and simple install of filters and Cobb tune. Everything mentioned about how the car responds to include the bonus blow off sound (LMAO) is spot on. Wakes the car up on the low end. So far so good!

Will receive the Flat6 tune shortly and see how much more of a grin :D comes to my face. Will have time this weekend to take her through the paces re-learning the behavior of the car with the changes.

..... and who says being a stop light sleeper assassin is not fun? :laugh:

·
Registered
40 Posts
We expect a follow-up....
Still waiting (impatiently!!) for the follow up....
Absolutely guys.

Received the Flat6 tune from Jon and Installed it this afternoon. Unfortunately, not enough "seat time" with it yet but initial butt dyno gives a noticeably more aggressive down low grunt through mid range in all 3 modes. I was surprised with the peppiness now in "normal mode". I did a back to back drive before and after.

ALL THINGS BEING RELATIVE.........> Sport + is just ridiculous (in a good way). We're driving a "compact utility vehicle" that in standard mode performs well. If you're a driver that enjoys the driving experience and wants that extra edge.....filters and a tune is the way to go. IMO (speaking from a GTS w/ SPORT+) If you cringe and panic when exceeding 5,000 RPMS then this will probably not be your cup of tea as you will more than likely not take full advantage of it's "fun zone". Probably holds true for those without a tune and SPORT+. Then again, could perhaps start an addiction :D with frequent trips to the petrol fill station. BTW I run the 93 tune.

I was trying to feel the HARD SHIFTS some mentioned is a result of having the tune that does not address the PDK shifts. Only in Sport + mode with it floored did I feel aggressive shifting. Nothing I would be too concerned with. Again.. my opinion.

....And last but not least. The SOUND you get from the filter change..:laugh: That alone makes you want to just down shift and hit it.

So far, I'm very pleased with this set up.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Think I'm gonna cut my hood tomorrow. Who was it that thought about cutting the hood by following the outline of the entire intake housing assembly? Not sure I'll go that far. But, cut the hood cross-bar piece out and drop in a set of Alpha filters and I think I'll be good for a while.

However, I need tires at 11,000 miles. I'm a hairs breath away from the wear bars in the back. That's my priority right now.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Absolutely guys.

ALL THINGS BEING RELATIVE.........> Sport + is just ridiculous (in a good way). We're driving a "compact utility vehicle" that in standard mode performs well. If you're a driver that enjoys the driving experience and wants that extra edge.....filters and a tune is the way to go. IMO (speaking from a GTS w/ SPORT+) If you cringe and panic when exceeding 5,000 RPMS then this will probably not be your cup of tea as you will more than likely not take full advantage of it's "fun zone". Probably holds true for those without a tune and SPORT+. Then again, could perhaps start an addiction :D with frequent trips to the petrol fill station. BTW I run the 93 tune.
Update needed...

After taking a drive across town today in the Macan, I need to add and modify my previous comment:

Driving in SPORT is FUN FUN FUN and the "Fun Zone" happens waaay before getting to 5,000 RPM's. That low end torque and improve boost lag really shines. The wife even asked... "Oh wow....what did you do to this car? You said you were going to leave it alone as she laughed!" 0:)

This may not mean much to some but it's as if you put in a set of 4:10 gears.

OK.. I will be quiet now.

Carry on :nerd:

·
Registered
999 Posts
. . . This may not mean much to some but it's as if you put in a set of 4:10 gears. . .
Yes, back in the day, some would swap out for a set of 4.10s (final drive ratio) to get a better hole-shot/launch for the stop light grand prix (the downside being that it would decrease the top speed of your 1966 GTO)

·
Registered
204 Posts
One option for those who are risk adverse and would not risk cutting their own air filter cover is to just order two spare filter covers.

They run about $35 a piece and cutting the bar and trying it our significantly reduces the risk for those DIY.

https://parts.porschemonterey.com/oem-parts/porsche-filter-cover-95b129752b

FYI for others there are left and right PN, so can't just order two of the B ones. Cutting mine today and have the spares on order for the future.

Well ventilated location and dremel plastic cutting wheel:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Did mine last week. Took about 20 minutes. I, too, ordered a backup set of covers...

Definite increase in power at lower RPM/s- Sounds a little different and looks really cool with the exposed red filters.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
30 Participants
Dben
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing