Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
When you buy the flat6 combo do you also need to cut the hood?

No, you do not have to cut the hood. I bought the Flat6 high flow air filters and carbon fiber intake ducts combo from Jon. This was my first mod and it was super easy.

Got a question for those who have done the same, when I take my car in for service, do I have to put the OEM filters and ducts back? Will this mod void my warranty?

·
Registered
51 Posts
And you still get the 10whp? I'm guessing the modified intake ducts are required for the extra power increase. Sorry, this is new to me.

·
Registered
878 Posts
And you still get the 10whp? I'm guessing the modified intake ducts are required for the extra power increase. Sorry, this is new to me.
Flat 6 Motorsports dyno tested the intake mod without any changes to the hood = +10hp.

Warranty issue? I guess that depends on your dealer. Mine was curious about the mod and we talked Porsche performance. They know some of their customers are interested in the performance of their Porsches and support them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Warranty issue? I guess that depends on your dealer. Mine was curious about the mod and we talked Porsche performance. They know some of their customers are interested in the performance of their Porsches and support them.
Thanks mstraka for the clarification.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Tis is covered by the Maguson - Moss Warranty Act. Umong other things, it says that basically, a manufacturer can only deny warranty coverage if it can demonstrate that a non-original equipment part or related service caused a defect to occur in the original product. In the case of motor vehicles, new car manufacturers have ignored these conditions outlined in Magnuson-Moss and have misled consumers to believe that they must have dealer service shops install only original equipment replacement parts or fear having their new car warranty voided. This is from: https://www.autocare.org/government-affairs/issues/magnuson-moss-warranty-act/

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I cut mine with a dremel. Its not perfect but looks fine to me.[/IMG]

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Agree on the extra airflow by removing the center brace on the opening. Just trying to muster the balls to DIY it. Was the aluminum easy to cut using the cutting wheel?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agree on the extra airflow by removing the center brace on the opening. Just trying to muster the balls to DIY it. Was the aluminum easy to cut using the cutting wheel?
It wasn't bad, I used a metal cutting wheel it got chewed up by the end but did the trick. I laid towels down across the engine bay but still ended up with metal dust a lot of places so use a really big towel or a blanket to cover everything up.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
I just finished the air box mod with a dremel and cutting wheel... super easy, took about 30m total and I pretty much just winged it... new Flat6 filters installed and was a pretty easy process. Tried to take some pictures at various points for reference and hopefully help folks out looking to do the same. My work is far from perfect but I didn't want to spend a ton of time sanding it properly and making it look "good". Cheers all!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I did a search and can't seem to find the answer. So if it has been answered... pardon the repeat. :nerd:

Has anyone done a before (cutting the hood) and after (cutting the hood) with high flow filters Dyno comparisons? Place a high flow BIG ASS fan in front of the car during the dyno to "emulate" air flow since it appears it will not show anything at stand still. I'm sure many tuners will say...it's not worth the hassle to test. But it would be good to know.

(Flame suit on) With high flo filters installed, I can't see cutting the hood adding much, if any, worth while RWHP.

I'm all EARS!

·
Registered
756 Posts
I can beat that question. Is there anyone, vendors included!, who have installed all their stuff and tried any performance tests? For instance: down-pipes, freeflow exhaust, upgraded diverter valves, upgraded intercoolers, upgraded intake WITH A CUT HOOD, all on a professionally tuned 3.6L twin turbo?

Anyone?

·
Supporting Vendor
581 Posts
I can beat that question. Is there anyone, vendors included!, who have installed all their stuff and tried any performance tests? For instance: down-pipes, freeflow exhaust, upgraded diverter valves, upgraded intercoolers, upgraded intake WITH A CUT HOOD, all on a professionally tuned 3.6L twin turbo?

Anyone?
I don't have all the links handy but we have tested several tuning options and our intake systems on the dyno and with acceleration figures. We've done this all independent but we don't have a dyno with the above. We don't own a dyno and the closest loaded and linked dyno is a vacation away. We had one about 1.5hrs away but that shop went under. We'd love to do more dyno tests but it's not feasible. We did record with a professional grade GPS data recorder for acceleration times. Most if not all is posted on this forum or our website/blog.

·
Registered
40 Posts

Anyone?
Ahhh... Those are some nice mods. I recall seeing individual results for most of those documented somewhere. The "Hood cut" just raised a question for me as to the Why vs the Gain so I figured...just ask.

I don't have all the links handy but we have tested several tuning options and our intake systems on the dyno and with acceleration figures. We've done this all independent but we don't have a dyno with the above. We don't own a dyno and the closest loaded and linked dyno is a vacation away. We had one about 1.5hrs away but that shop went under. We'd love to do more dyno tests but it's not feasible. We did record with a professional grade GPS data recorder for acceleration times. Most if not all is posted on this forum or our website/blog.
@[email protected] - I'm impressed with you guys work and continued follow up to perfect. Nice work.
Do you guys have any discounts for forum members or any upcoming specials/sales?

Asking for a friend :D

·
Supporting Vendor
581 Posts
Ahhh... Those are some nice mods. I recall seeing individual results for most of those documented somewhere. The "Hood cut" just raised a question for me as to the Why vs the Gain so I figured...just ask.

@[email protected] - I'm impressed with you guys work and continued follow up to perfect. Nice work.
Do you guys have any discounts for forum members or any upcoming specials/sales?

Asking for a friend :D
Thanks for the support! We don't have much going on at the moment with specials. Raceseng has 5% off going on (PDK paddles). We're always happy to take a look if you bundle some things and see what we can do.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Tried uploading instead of linking... let me know if it still doesn't work

Attachments

21 - 40 of 85 Posts
About this Discussion
84 Replies
30 Participants
Dben
Porsche Macan Forum
Thank you for your interest in MacanForum.com. We’re a forum community dedicated to Porsche Macan SUV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades, specs, reliability, and more!
Full Forum Listing