Porsche Macan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to these forums and was looking for suggestions from the experts/community with regards to going about to repairing the surface scratch on the front bumper. Wasn't sure if this is something that needs to go through the dealership or was something I can attend to myself. The colour of the car is (Dolomite Metallic Silver)

Please find attached the photo below (any assistance/guidance with regards to this issue)

Thanks in advance for your help (PS. I'm from Canada)

Attachments

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi everyone,

I'm very new to these forums and was looking for suggestions from the experts/community with regards to going about to repairing the surface scratch on the front bumper. Wasn't sure if this is something that needs to go through the dealership or was something I can attend to myself. The colour of the car is (Dolomite Metallic Silver)

Please find attached the photo below (any assistance/guidance with regards to this issue)

Thanks in advance for your help (PS. I'm from Canada)
Hi, I'm from Toronto. I always do it myself on similar scratches on my cars. Buy a touch up paint from dealer or amazon. Clean area with alcohol and let it dry, touch up those dark areas without paint lightly (best to use a toothpick or a bamboo bbq stick) be sure not to let the paint run, then repeat a second or third coat. Wait an hour for each coat. Next day or longer, tape around each of the painted areas only ( I see yours are near each other just do your best). Lightly sand with 1500 or 2000 grit sand paper, feel if the paint is nearly or as flat or level with original paint. Remove tape and buff with scratch remover paste like meguiars ultimate compound. I'm sure you'll be proud of your work after.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Be advised any touchup will be noticeable from a few feet away.

The best option would be to pull the bumper off and repaint. I would not take to a dealer but find a reputable body shop that works on Porsche. Estimating $1k to $1.5k for the repair.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would double check the colour. I doubt it is Dolomite silver. For a 2018 it should be Rodium silver. The damage looks minor so you could try tackling it yourself first as others suggested. Obviously it won't be as good as a repaint which in this case is not worth it IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts