Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Yadkin, is there a hole already there to have accepted a dipstick should Porsche gone that way? Or another way of asking: how'd you do it?
See below. This picture is taken with the hood up, standing at the front of the car, engine cover removed.

Item 1 (hand-drawn circle drawn around it) is the dipstick tube. The factory puts a cap on it, and it can be replaced with an actual dipstick. You can't leave the dipstick in because it conflicts with the plastic engine cover. If you don't have a dipstick, use a stiff wire and measure 20" to minimum, 19-1/4" to maximum. This is from the top of the tube.

The dipstick tube is also used to vacuum out the oil, using a catheter tube to get down to the bottom of the oil pan. I have a MityVac 8 quart that I bought on Amazon for about $100; there are other systems available.

Item 2 is the oil fill.

Item 3 is the top of the oil filter canister.

So with the base engine, checking or changing the oil is a simple process.
P1100288.JPG

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Where is #1 & #3 on my MY2016 Turbo?
BB Engine 1.jpg

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Basically nothing. The section starting on page 264:"maintenance and car care" mostly just tells you to take the car to Porsche. It does give you brief description and photos regarding topping off the oil & window washer fluid. That's it.

Doesn't even tell you how to change cabin filter... just tells you to do it and take it to Porsche.

I think the oil filter in the S and turbo are not are not accessible from the top, as shown in your photo. Must raise the car and access from underneath. I have no idea where the tube is to add a (temporary) dipstick.

That was why I asked. If it is in the manual, please someone, tell me where.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Basically nothing. The section starting on page 264:"maintenance and car care" mostly just tells you to take the car to Porsche. It does give you brief description and photos regarding topping off the oil & window washer fluid. That's it.

Doesn't even tell you how to change cabin filter... just tells you to do it and take it to Porsche.

I think the oil filter in the S and turbo are not are not accessible from the top, as shown in your photo. Must raise the car and access from underneath. I have no idea where the tube is to add a (temporary) dipstick.

That was why I asked. If it is in the manual, please someone, tell me where.
My car is an '18 S. I went to Suncoast and asked them this question:

William,

Porsche doesn't offer a dipstick for a Macan, all is control through an oil level sensor and your display screen, please see your owner's manual for more information.

Thank you
Aldo R.

So maybe only the base Audi engine allows a dipstick to be added.

·
Registered
452 Posts
My car is an '18 S. I went to Suncoast and asked them this question:

William,

Porsche doesn't offer a dipstick for a Macan, all is control through an oil level sensor and your display screen, please see your owner's manual for more information.

Thank you
Aldo R.

So maybe only the base Audi engine allows a dipstick to be added.
Baby engine win. I call mine a VW engine.

41 - 46 of 46 Posts