Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Noticed the flickering 3 weeks ago but it went away and didn't come back until today (which I was able to capture this time). Again the problem went away after I re-started the engine. Wondering if anyone has seen this with their macan (mine is 2017 Macan S)? Do you think it's software related, or will they need to rip apart the dashboard and replace the display?

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
I don't recall seeing this on anyone else's car in the two years I've been on the forum.

My guess is that it's a bad display. Like you I would not be happy about them having to disassemble the instrument panel.

·
Registered
4,614 Posts
Yeah, that does not look right. I would want to have the instrument cluster replaced. Looks like it is a pretty straight forward procedure: https://youtu.be/l7Lfg6ZHHwM?t=24s
Wow, great video. So if I ever get tired of my Sapphire Blue air ducts, apparently they are easy to replace :)

Macan715, so they can drop in a new IP while you wait :) Ask your dealer to throw in one with colored dials (of your choice) to compensate you for your trouble :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same flicker. I noticed that the flicker is most likely to happen in cooler weather (below 55 degrees). Dropped the Turbo off today for a likely transfer case replacement and they will check the MFD as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts