Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
895 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was working under the hood of my 2015 Macan Turbo installing a Rennchip tuning box. After completing the install and lowering the hood I went to the oil level display but got the prompt "No Information about Oil Level Available at Present." I first thought that I had accidently loosened a sensor which provided this information or the tuning box was in someway corrupting the oil display function. After driving a distance the oil level function returned to the display. I then found on page 113 of the owners manual that after opening the hood one has to drive at least 6 miles before the oil level display returns to the screen.

Why? This seems aggrivating, if you just gave your Macan an oil change my first action would be to check the oil level before driving off.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
No one likes it, it is just the way it is.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my oil change at a local auto shop (not Porsche). Next day I got a red indicator that the oil level was 1.2 qts low. I went back to the mechanic who drained and refilled it. I drove for at least 15 mins but I still cannot get anything but "No information about oil level available at present" and have tried several times w/ just ignition on and motor running. Now nervous that the oil level is not right. What gives?

Dave from AZ

·
Super Moderator
2,030 Posts
Ensure you're not repeatedly opening the hood. Each time the hood is opened either a timer
or a distance calculator is reset. Once reset, some period of time or distance has to elapse before
the PCM will provide you with a readout - otherwise you will keep getting the "No information, etc."
message.

Beware overfilling in order to top up your oil level. Only add a part of a quart at a time.

1.2 qts. low is quite a bit. I wonder what your service tech added initially? Oil & filter were replaced, correct?

The 3.6L takes ~8 1/2 quarts to fill. It's safe to put in 8 initially, then add to top up - which may take 2 or 3
attempts.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Got my oil change at a local auto shop (not Porsche). Next day I got a red indicator that the oil level was 1.2 qts low. I went back to the mechanic who drained and refilled it. I drove for at least 15 mins but I still cannot get anything but "No information about oil level available at present" and have tried several times w/ just ignition on and motor running. Now nervous that the oil level is not right. What gives?

Dave from AZ
I just had my oil changed and the mechanic informed the display would read “ No info available “ said to drive it and get the oil up to temperature and drive at least 10 miles - at exactly 11 miles the display worked.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
I just had my oil changed and the mechanic informed the display would read “ No info available “ said to drive it and get the oil up to temperature and drive at least 10 miles - at exactly 11 miles the display worked.
Normal.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ensure you're not repeatedly opening the hood. Each time the hood is opened either a timer
or a distance calculator is reset. Once reset, some period of time or distance has to elapse before
the PCM will provide you with a readout - otherwise you will keep getting the "No information, etc."
message.

Beware overfilling in order to top up your oil level. Only add a part of a quart at a time.

1.2 qts. low is quite a bit. I wonder what your service tech added initially? Oil & filter were replaced, correct?

The 3.6L takes ~8 1/2 quarts to fill. It's safe to put in 8 initially, then add to top up - which may take 2 or 3
attempts.
message.

attempts.

I have not opened the hood since I got the oil change, drove almost 15 miles now and still getting the "No information etc" message.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Manual states must drive 6 miles after opening hood b4 MFD will show oil level.
That Indy is not competent to work on your Macan.
What other mistakes might they make in future?

·
Registered
306 Posts

Dave from AZ
‘did you get the issue resolved ?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts