Porsche Macan Forum banner

Meguiar's Hybrid Ceramic Wax

7K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  Louisssss 
#1 ·
#4 ·
I really like Meguiar's products . . . even though I am enamored with Griot's Best of Show Wax right now.

I think that good waxes protect against rock chipping just not as much as a film would protect. I refuse to put a film on my cars so I wax instead. I haven't tried the ceramic wax so I can't make predictions about that particular product.

#3 ·
Anything that says Meguiar's has got to be good. I am sitting in an obscure restaurant in the middle of nowhere and in comes this truck/trailer rig with Meguiar's pasted all over the side. I finish my modest meal and as I drift by the guy who drove the truck mention to him all I use on my Ferrari is his wax. He drops his napkin and jumps up from his meal and says come with me. He opens the side of his trailer to paradise. I have never seen so many products. He follows the race car circuit. He says open your arms and drops so many products into my arms I had trouble holding them. He said the best was the 100% carnauba furniture wax. I still believe this 40 years down the road. I still have some of his free wax.

#13 ·
I have seen good results from their spray waxes. When I retire next year it will be nice to have the time to really detail my S right . Thanks for the wax recommendation.

#21 ·
Meguiar's makes some great products. I've experimented with waxes that cost 10x as much and rarely have the results been much better, let alone 10x better. I really like BlackFire Black Ice on my agate grey Cayman and I'm using up the rest of the P21S on my white Macan, but I always use Meguiar's Ultimate Wax on the Lexus and will likely exclusively use that once the other "niche" products run out.

#22 ·
[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Meguiars-D15601-Synthetic-X-Press-Spray/dp/B005JPJMI2/ref=sr_1_6?keywords=meguiars+wax&qid=1559270507&s=gateway&sr=8-6[/ame]

MEGUIAR'S D15601 Synthetic X-Press Spray Wax, 128. Fluid_Ounces

Would u guys use this after you wash your car as a "drying agent"? I'm currently using CG V07 detailer as a drying agent and it works. But i wanted to know if this Spray Wax would leave a nicer shine and hydrophobic properties longer than V07 (which is just a shine)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.