Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Has anyone tried it before? Does it really protect the paint besides making it easier to dry after wash?

https://www.meguiarsdirect.com/meguiars-hybrid-ceramic-wax-26-oz.html
Anything that says Meguiar's has got to be good. I am sitting in an obscure restaurant in the middle of nowhere and in comes this truck/trailer rig with Meguiar's pasted all over the side. I finish my modest meal and as I drift by the guy who drove the truck mention to him all I use on my Ferrari is his wax. He drops his napkin and jumps up from his meal and says come with me. He opens the side of his trailer to paradise. I have never seen so many products. He follows the race car circuit. He says open your arms and drops so many products into my arms I had trouble holding them. He said the best was the 100% carnauba furniture wax. I still believe this 40 years down the road. I still have some of his free wax.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Will it protect against rock chipping the paint when driving on highway?
I really like Meguiar's products . . . even though I am enamored with Griot's Best of Show Wax right now.

I think that good waxes protect against rock chipping just not as much as a film would protect. I refuse to put a film on my cars so I wax instead. I haven't tried the ceramic wax so I can't make predictions about that particular product.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Meguiar's is always good

I'm about to try my new Waterless Wash in June....
UV protection, dirt deflection.....

I started a thread about it...

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Nope. You would need to have paint protection film (PPF) applied for that type of protection.

·
Super Moderator
8,140 Posts
Go over to autopia or autogeek.net and ask the people who use detailing products for a living. See what the professionals say and use. You might find it enlightening.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
I have seen good results from their spray waxes. When I retire next year it will be nice to have the time to really detail my S right . Thanks for the wax recommendation.

·
Super Moderator
8,140 Posts

I don't agree with everything this guy touts but if you truly want to understand all of this, go read auto geek.net

1 - 20 of 22 Posts