Porsche Macan Forum banner

MD/DC/VA - Make yourself known!

18K views 65 replies 37 participants last post by  F1_tifosi 
#1 ·
My name is Mo, and I'm in Maryland. Anyone else around these parts? Once we get enough people, we should start getting meets together!

#8 ·
I'm Tom and live in Ashburn, VA. My "ordered" or reserved with deposit Macan Turbo should be he mid- to late-June, we're told. Meeting and sharing ideas locally is a great idea for a car so deserving of enjoying all of its features and potential.

A local friend has used a local dealer for installation of the clear bra. We will ask our dealer, but knowing from someone who has installed several bra's to his car would be invaluable. I posed this as an example of why knowing local folks of similar cars and interests would be great!

#20 ·
I have been to practically all the dealerships in the DC area and found Porsche of Rockville to be the most straight forward. These things change a lot based on the person you are dealing with or the time of the month at the dealership. Sometimes they are under the gun to achieve a sales quota and they end up acting like decent human beings >:D

That being said I didn't buy our macan from rockville just because of the distance from our house but really liked there process a lot as opposed to the other two dealerships near our house (one of which i actually bought our macan from)

Talk to Jordan Stirckland@Rockville Porsche he was very knowledgeable and cares about your build and gives suitable ideas.

#21 ·
On the fence ...

Hey all. I'm in Annapolis and ready to pull the trigger on a Macan S after test driving two of them yesterday. I drive an Audi RS5 and after four years in coupes (drove an S5 V8 prior) I need a break from feeling like I need to drive a car like I stole it all the time.

Any buzz on the Annapolis dealer? Seemed like nice folks, but would not sell any of their three demos :( Guess they have to keep something for folks to order from. I did not get the sense they are asking more than MSRP, but are any discounts even considered? I typically pay 6% off MSRP for an Audi.

I also did not ask how long the wait is ... any clue would be appreciated. I assume the dealer has to have allocation available to even place an order?

Hope to see some Macans in the area soon!

Thom

#29 ·
I have not yet attended this, but I believe I'm about 80% sure I'll be there this Saturday morning, between 7-10 a.m. My Macadamia Turbo [pet name] is white with a garnet red/black interior.

Just to be sure, you are talking about the "Katie's Cars & Coffee" at 760 Walker Road, right?

Thus far, we've had our Macan since May but have never met anyone else with a Macan. We've seen only one other Macan speeding away on I-495 in MD. Go figure.

Tom

#30 ·
Hey Tom, Yes, "Katie's Cars & Coffee". Katie's Coffee House joined the long list of hosts for car enthusiasts in 2010 - Awesome rides, great coffee and food...life is good. Katie's Cars & Coffee - Great Falls - #1 Cars & Coffee in the DMV

The origins of "Cars & Coffee" can, arguably, be traced back to 1983 with the "Donut Derelicts" in Huntington Beach, CA., and later the "Crystal Cove Crew" in Irvine, CA. Early and long time supporters include such car aficionados as Art Chrisman, John Butera, Chip Foose, Dan Gurney, Reeves Callaway, John Clinard, Don Garlits, Niel Young, Jay Leno, Jerry Seinfeld and the late Paul Walker, to name a few.

Unfortunately, I have to miss this Staurday, but I'll be there the following Saturday for sure. Would love to see your "Macadamia Turbo"

#32 ·
Hello fellow MD/VA/DC Porsche enthusiasts. I currently live in Gaithersburg and purchased a Macan S from Rockville that is expected to arrive at the end of March. Have nothing but good things to say about Rockville Porsche, my SA and the SM. As an example I had been told a couple of weeks ago that my config was locked. After reading many of the 21" Turbo wheel threads, I was second guessing (in fact regretting) not getting the 21" Turbos... sent an email yesterday to my SA on another subject and mentioned my regrets. He called back a short time later and said the SM called Porsche and they could make the change. I have been really impressed with there customer service.

Would love to get some recommendations for Xpel installers in the area folks are happy with.

#36 ·
Just wanted to say hello to everybody on the thread. I placed an order last week from Rockville for a Rhodium S. Best estimate was August delivery...hopefully sooner!

Here's my build, if you're interested: http://www.porsche-code.com/PGUCS4L7

I did go back and add the colored wheel crests after that build, but otherwise it's accurate. I'm coming from a 2006 330 and this will be my first Porsche, so I'm obviously very excited!

Also, I have a friend at work who's on his third or fourth 911 who speaks very highly of the Cars and Coffee. I haven't been yet, but he keeps raving about it!

#37 ·
Welcome. Nice build. I actually think you would have been ok without the colored crests as the stock crests go well with your color scheme and I would have looked at a titanium color, after market, hood ornament. That said , the car will look nice either way. This is from a guy that has the colored hood and wheel crests so, take this with a grain of salt. I just saw someone else on this forum got the titanium hood badge and stock wheel crests on RS Spyders and I thought is was brilliant.
and thought had a chosen Rhodium; I would have done the same.

The car is awesome and I hope you enjoy your as much as I do mine.

#40 ·
Hi all. I'm Mark from Chevy Chase. Picked up my Turbo in December from Silver Springs. I've seen a few of you around Bethesda. Everything's been great so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.