Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Unfortunately - I would have to agree with almost every post thus far... If true "handling" isn't high on your list, but "powerful acceleration" is, there are plenty of options to check out IF YOU ARE LEASING. For sure I would look into probably BMWs first... then MAYBE Audi... then the Korean companies (Kia or Hyundai)... only then would I go to the domestics. I'm not completely knocking the domestics... they've come along way from 20 years ago. But overall... fit/finish + performance attributes, I still don't think 98% of domestics compare. Yes, there are some models that get it mostly right, but not many (and I've driven quite a few loaners over the past 10 years between my job, my wife's job, and recreationally for vacaction, etc.). Regardless, good luck on the search and keep us posted on what you decide.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
To OP: Have you ever checked out the Alfa Stelvio?

You can get a RWD version pretty well equipped for under $50k, and at least to be still under the premium segment.

They just upgraded the interior materials this year that look pretty decent and along with the full touchscreen.

Someone I know dyno-tested the 2.0 it can go to 60 under 6 secs, which is quicker than anything in the segment and close to some V6s.

It does have electric folding mirrors standard if that’s just what you are looking for besides engine power.

What it doesn’t have are the option of passenger side memory or steering column, regardless what trim.

And I think even if you pick the lowest trim it does come with 10-way power seats adjustments with power lumber support.
No I haven’t, may look into it. This one stands out more than the others mentioned. The others are either too bland or common.

We are also looking at the just redesigned AMG GLA 35. I built one on the site the interior looks pretty nice. Love the brown interior with the natural wood trim, or the black/grey leather trim. I really like the unified instrument cluster/infotainment as one unit, looks very clean.

I am also surprised to see as an entry model it comes with 3-way passenger memory settings standard, which is very uncommon.

So why not the GLC 300 as its the size is very close to the Macan? Design wise I just hate the tablet (infotainment) screen sticking on top of the center dash, same as the BMW X3 (as someone suggested) or the Audi Q5.

The GLB looks ugly in the back like a cargo van so won’t even look into it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts