Porsche Macan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm so excited and just made my deposit for the 2021 Macan GTS in Mambo Green. I took the last allocation at my dealership for the GTS for a September build and either November/December 2020 arrival. I must of ticked every single option on the configurator.

Here is my build code: The Porsche Code

Kind Regards,
Darren

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Very nice Mamba Green build you got there!

·
Premium Member
1,289 Posts
Reactions: Jellybean

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just a thought when I researched my build was told the glass upgrade causes issues with Cell Phone reception. And the phone box you paid $1500 for does
not work very well.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Just a thought when I researched my build was told the glass upgrade causes issues with Cell Phone reception. And the phone box you paid $1500 for does
not work very well.
Yes the Thermally & Noise Insulated Glass can diminish cell phone reception (and radar detection), but the Smartphone Compartment with Wireless Charging option for $690 also includes a cell phone antenna booster when your phone in placed in the designated area in the center console.

Reactions: gadgetman

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
@gadgetman very nice build you got there! Now you have given me some new ideas for my build. I also have a deposit down for a 2021 GTS build in September for Mamba Green, but I am waiting to see this color in the wild at the dealer before I fully commit to the color.

You have given me food for thought with changing up the color of leather on the inside. Right now I have the leather interior in black with the deviated stitching in the Mamba Green. I wonder how the agate gray would look with the green stitching. I love how you are matching your seatbelts in the gray as well.

Thank you @wspollack for tagging me so I can see this beautiful build. Its a good thing I have time before my build locks to keep making changes. The middle of July will not come fast enough for the dealer where I am ordering this car from will get their Mamba Green in for me to see.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@gadgetman very nice build you got there! Now you have given me some new ideas for my build. I also have a deposit down for a 2021 GTS build in September for Mamba Green, but I am waiting to see this color in the wild at the dealer before I fully commit to the color.

You have given me food for thought with changing up the color of leather on the inside. Right now I have the leather interior in black with the deviated stitching in the Mamba Green. I wonder how the agate gray would look with the green stitching. I love how you are matching your seatbelts in the gray as well.

Thank you @wspollack for tagging me so I can see this beautiful build. Its a good thing I have time before my build locks to keep making changes. The middle of July will not come fast enough for the dealer where I am ordering this car from will get their Mamba Green in for me to see.
@Jellybean, With the color Mamba Green I thought it was weird however, when I saw the color in person at a dealership in Scottsdale, AZ it "Wow'd" me. Also Nick Murray's Macan S in Mamba Green (
) convinced me to select this color. Originally, I wanted Carmine Red as Red is my favorite color.

In regards to the interior, I wanted full black leather. Then I decided to get a more contrasting interior. I liked how the Agate Grey/Pebble Grey compliment each other. Also, did you see how the steering wheel is also Agate Grey matching the dash color. To top it off, the matching Agate Grey for the seat belts. If Porsche had an option for Mamba Green seat belts, I may have gone for that.... Maybe not. lol I hope that the Pebble Grey seats wont get too dirty from jeans of children.

Congratulations on your build! Spending lots of hours on the configuration is fun.

I didn't get the upgraded Burnmeister system because most of the time I listen to talk radio and occassionally, listening to Pandora.

Darren

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm so excited and just made my deposit for the 2021 Macan GTS in Mambo Green. I took the last allocation at my dealership for the GTS for a September build and either November/December 2020 arrival. I must of ticked every single option on the configurator.

Here is my build code: The Porsche Code

Kind Regards,
Darren
Very nice! I considered Mamba Green with body coloured wheels for a short time but SWIMBO pointed out I’m too old for that colour. (She is right, of course, but I didnt know you could be too old for a colour!).

QUESTION : My SA told me a few weeks back that agate is not available. Expresso too. He was not sure when it would be available again. Had to cancel my 2020 GTS order. Have you had any feedback from your SA about this at all? I’ve posted this a few times on the forum but to date no feedback one way or the other.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very nice! I considered Mamba Green with body coloured wheels for a short time but SWIMBO pointed out I’m too old for that colour. (She is right, of course, but I didnt know you could be too old for a colour!).

QUESTION : My SA told me a few weeks back that agate is not available. Expresso too. He was not sure when it would be available again. Had to cancel my 2020 GTS order. Have you had any feedback from your SA about this at all? I’ve posted this a few times on the forum but to date no feedback one way or the other.
@RJE , I haven't heard nor my SA mentioned any delays due to a shortage of Agate or Expresso. I will email him and see what he says.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I think the black with green stitching will look great with the Mamba Green. I have seen several Mamba Green Macans in my area and they definitely catch your eye. I like the color. Congratulations and before you know it you will be picking it up.

·
Registered
46 Posts
@Jellybean, With the color Mamba Green I thought it was weird however, when I saw the color in person at a dealership in Scottsdale, AZ it "Wow'd" me. Also Nick Murray's Macan S in Mamba Green (
) convinced me to select this color. Originally, I wanted Carmine Red as Red is my favorite color.

In regards to the interior, I wanted full black leather. Then I decided to get a more contrasting interior. I liked how the Agate Grey/Pebble Grey compliment each other. Also, did you see how the steering wheel is also Agate Grey matching the dash color. To top it off, the matching Agate Grey for the seat belts. If Porsche had an option for Mamba Green seat belts, I may have gone for that.... Maybe not. lol I hope that the Pebble Grey seats wont get too dirty from jeans of children.

Congratulations on your build! Spending lots of hours on the configuration is fun.

I didn't get the upgraded Burnmeister system because most of the time I listen to talk radio and occassionally, listening to Pandora.

Darren
This is mine. Macan S in the same exterior/interior color of yours. Looks amazing.

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts