Porsche Macan Forum banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
17 Posts
I would suggest the heated windshield as well. Definitely $520 well spent. Even if the OP doesn't live in an area with lots of snow, it does a great job of defogging the glass when it's cold outside and damp/humid inside the car without having to blow hot air onto the windshield. It's an even greater benefit if you're often carrying passengers.
@Patch Just to confirm, if you use the heated windshield function, you are saying it does not also blow air onto the windshield. So air will only go to windshield if in the main A/C controls you direct air distribution to the top, not if you press the windshield defrost button.

Txs

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
17 Posts
I have a bigger issue than heated windshield guys :( My SA called me to tell that Germany declined the order and told them mamba green production is over as of April...This didn't feel good at all.

I have time until May 17th to consider other colors or withdrawing my order.
That sucks. Maybe the dealer can find you one.

·
Registered
625 Posts
@Patch Just to confirm, if you use the heated windshield function, you are saying it does not also blow air onto the windshield. So air will only go to windshield if in the main A/C controls you direct air distribution to the top, not if you press the windshield defrost button.
Heated windshield works similar to rear windows defrost - you just don't see the heating elements as they use some kind of transparent film.
There's no special button for it - it's activated automatically when you click rear window defrost button.
I don't mind cleaning the snow when car is parked, for me the best part of heated windshield is that it melts wet snow when I am driving so it's no accumulating as much and much less need of using wipers and windshield fluid.

·
Registered
625 Posts
@mezzem, sorry to hear about your order, I hope you can find an alternative color or maybe some other dealer ordered Mamba Green GTS and you can find a way to get it

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
@fooit thanks, I am looking at the other colors since morning, Dolomite Silver growing on me but I am still very disappointed about mamba green. Unfortunately, other dealers won't work. My dealer replaced their already existing allocation for mamba green with my specs and that order is back-ordered. Mamba green is out of picture completely.

Is there a way to find out when they would introduce new colors? I assume they will do that considering them discontinuing some colors.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
@fooit Thanks for this! The second one doesn't tick all the boxes I am looking for. Missing performance options etc. I will reach out to them for the 1st one and see what sort of discount they can provide. I would change my color preference rather than getting this too loaded-overpriced (my opinion obviously) GTS.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
132 Posts

Txs
Heated windshield works similar to rear windows defrost - you just don't see the heating elements as they use some kind of transparent film.
There's no special button for it - it's activated automatically when you click rear window defrost button.
I don't mind cleaning the snow when car is parked, for me the best part of heated windshield is that it melts wet snow when I am driving so it's no accumulating as much and much less need of using wipers and windshield fluid.
@fooit is correct and it works very well without hot air blowing in your face.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
132 Posts
What do you mean by this? I have a GTS order in o_O
Just referring to reports here and elsewhere that, due to microchip supply issues, seating options may be a problem.

I also think that, with a rumoured refresh on the horizon (the centre console going to touch screen without physical buttons), if you're like me and hate the idea of a console without buttons, I wouldn't want to wait too long to mess around with a factory order.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue.
46 Posts
I have a bigger issue than heated windshield guys :( My SA called me to tell that Germany declined the order and told them mamba green production is over as of April...This didn't feel good at all.

That’s why I was asking about availability. I had heard that last month. Who is your dealer?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Mark Motors Ottawa, what is surprising to me is that they were not informed about discontinuing of mamba. I mean they were aware of rumors about June/July but that's pretty much it. They already had an order/allocation for this color for their lot. Maybe because of 14/18 way seat issues, factory decided to pull the trigger early on mamba by April...

·
Registered
84 Posts
Our order for a Mamba Green turbo was accepted 4/21 and as of our print out today it is status V210 (change freeze point reached). Our rep confirmed that our 6/25 build complete date is still valid. We switched to 14 way seats about the same time as the chip news surfaced. Dealer is in Bellingham WA. The Porsche Code

·
Registered
148 Posts

Bastards! Surely they had an inkling if members on here did?! Hopefully you can find one elsewhere. GL.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Right after we learned that SBM was not available we were told that Miami was next (haven’t heard anything new) and that Mamba was going away in July (we interpreted that as July builds). We didn’t care until we did (changed from Carmine Red to Mamba Green at the 11th hour on April 19). I credit our rep, Mitch Noyes, for staying on top of things.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Our order for a Mamba Green turbo was accepted 4/21 and as of our print out today it is status V210 (change freeze point reached). Our rep confirmed that our 6/25 build complete date is still valid. We switched to 14 way seats about the same time as the chip news surfaced. Dealer is in Bellingham WA. The Porsche Code
Could you report on the 'discount' area what kind of a deal you got? I am in the neighborhood.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Hi All,

After all those test drives and daydreams about the car, I couldn't let it go. Changed my configuration to below. Hoping to jump on driver seat late August.

The Porsche Code

I think my exterior and interior combo is popular, isn't it?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi All,

After all those test drives and daydreams about the car, I couldn't let it go. Changed my configuration to below. Hoping to jump on driver seat late August.

The Porsche Code

I think my exterior and interior combo is popular, isn't it?
Did you talk to your SA about the 18 Way Seats? I think those are a no go right now, still trying to get our order locked in, but it's not going well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
@rrmidden they replaced one of their existing allocation with my specs to workaround that issue. I believe material (seats) were already reserved for their allocation so it won't be an issue. But I know the fact, for new factory orders, all SAs I have talked mentioned the problem.

41 - 60 of 80 Posts