Porsche Macan Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
@wspollack just checked the configurator, it says 14 way seat with memory package and details mention everything including side mirrors and steering wheel 😃

·
Registered
2,418 Posts
@wspollack just checked the configurator, it says 14 way seat with memory package and details mention everything including side mirrors and steering wheel 😃
Excellent. (We have E&D — and I like leaving the key in my jacket pocket or murse, but that’s me — so I wasn’t sure.)

The only thing my wife and I have to set individually is the rearview mirror. I often wish that was motorized, too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Nice build!

We’ve got a Mamba Green turbo on order with a June 25 build complete date. Props to jellybean for sharing his photos. We bit the bullet and ordered deviated stitching - I’m a contrast junkie. This is our “forever car” along with a 2014 C4S cab. We are fortunate that we could pick and choose what we wanted (within reason) and I’m fortunate to have a wife who loves “spirited driving”.

I think that us green weenies will thoroughly enjoy having such a unique color. IIRC Mamba goes away in a July or thereabouts so only three years as a production color. Rennbow already has it listed as a “four gallon” rating for scarcity.

Here is our build code - each line item we selected on the configurator is based on what was for us “sound logic”.

The Porsche Code

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
@GHL that's one **** of a build for sure. And yes, I love mamba green, I like its bold statement as a color. My dealer said something about it's going away as well, we will learn soon.

@smemick I will even order mamba green key shells, I just like the physical key idea :)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Check eBay and Amazon. I got bright green shells for about $10 from China and I’ve purchased other colors in the past. The factory option is amazingly over priced and the only difference is a “perfect” color match for a device you seldom see (especially with entry and drive). They should arrive soon and I will post some photos.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
@GHL oh, yes. I am definitely not getting factory ones. I was going to order from ebay or amazon. And if the color was too off, I was planning to try with Suncoast. Please share the pictures when you get them, I am really curios about their color matching.

·
Premium Member
2,972 Posts
Excellent. (We have E&D — and I like leaving the key in my jacket pocket or murse, but that’s me — so I wasn’t sure.)

The only thing my wife and I have to set individually is the rearview mirror. I often wish that was motorized, too.
So I let one of my Fi Fi Express ladies that I take skiing drive my car home as she is interested in buying one. What she did was as you expressed changed my rear view mirror. It honestly took me at least a week to get it back normal for me. So I am all in there about this being added to the motorized saved to key program!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Hi again everyone!

Some updates and good news :)

I've just placed the order for the configuration below.

The Porsche Code

• I am going for 18 way seats because these were the seats on all of my test drives. Maybe another reason to watch my diet after invisaligns!
  • I am keeping the insulated glass, quiet interior is really important for me when I am not in mood for that sweet exhaust.
  • I went for the sport mirrors by listening your advice but also added black trim to door handles.

My dealer decided to replace their allocation (mamba green lot car?!) with my order so if all goes well, I will probably have one of the last mamba green Macans ever. Order lock in date is May 17th for now with June/July production and late August delivery. Just before my Birthday!

Hopefully I will be testing a macan with 14 way seats and insulated glass soon. They literally out of cars nowadays, sold on all inventory/lot. If I can't test those options before May 17th, I will cancel my order.

Kidding, I really don't care anymore, I just want my GTS! :D

·
Registered
132 Posts
Looks great. I got similar Mamba GTS but I wish I would have picked the 18-way seats, I picked all the other performance bits but thought I wanted a more comfort oriented seat, I was wrong. 14 ways are nice but I find myself bracing with my knees around corners more that I would want, but I came from a 911 so I am still adjusting, in many ways. I didn't get the Thermally and Noise insulated glass, i don't think I miss it but what do i know since I didn't get it. I got trailer hitch, haven't used it, but I'm glad I got it as i think I will use it, we will see. Overall, very happy, and starting to rev it out a bit since have 2000+ miles. Oh, and I still love the color, get tons of compliments on it. Good luck and enjoy. View attachment 242089
About the trailer hitch.. I have it too and now all of a sudden I am thinking about buying a "BENETEAU First 24" sailboat. It sure will come in handy.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue.
46 Posts
Excellent build. Congratulations. Looking forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
625 Posts
If you have snow, I'd strongly recommend to add Heated Windshield - it really helps in winter.
What's the reason you skipped on Premium Package Plus, looks like you ordered almost everything from it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
@fooit thanks for the suggestions. I thought since it doesn't have a remote start, I will have to go out to start the car anyway. I can clean the windshield meanwhile. I shovel my frontyard myself too, don't mind playing with snow :D

I think I took only Lane Change Assist and Panoramic roof system from Premium Package, I went for 18 way seats. Rest of the features does not appeal to me so it wasn't saving me any money really.

@JRB I am happy with standard audio, for me it's either engine/exhaust sound or death silence :)

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
132 Posts
If you have snow, I'd strongly recommend to add Heated Windshield - it really helps in winter.
I would suggest the heated windshield as well. Definitely $520 well spent. Even if the OP doesn't live in an area with lots of snow, it does a great job of defogging the glass when it's cold outside and damp/humid inside the car without having to blow hot air onto the windshield. It's an even greater benefit if you're often carrying passengers.

I find that with the heated windshield, I can leave the the heat/ac controls set to automatic all the time, adjust only the temperature and keep the glass clear by simply turning on the heated windshield.

Some may not like the very light gold tint but it does match the hood crest. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have a bigger issue than heated windshield guys :( My SA called me to tell that Germany declined the order and told them mamba green production is over as of April...This didn't feel good at all.

I have time until May 17th to consider other colors or withdrawing my order.

·
Registered
2021 Macan GTS
132 Posts
I have a bigger issue than heated windshield guys :( My SA called me to tell that Germany declined the order and told them mamba green production is over as of April...This didn't feel good at all.

I have time until May 17th to consider other colors or withdrawing my order.
Sorry to hear...that's unfortunate.

Given the potential issues with factory orders right at the moment, I would be taking a serious look at dealer lot cars anyway. Yes, you may have to make some compromises or spend a bit more but only you know if it's worth it or not.

21 - 40 of 80 Posts